Thread: How to use modfoldered map files in the multiplayer campaign

Default How to use modfoldered map files in the multiplayer campaign

Many mods use alpacas method of mod foldering campaign files to avoid overwriting vanilla files, but you may have noticed that this doesn't work with the MP campaign. When using mod foldered files, the game only loads them for the single player campaign. I have developed a method, very similar to alpacas, that allows the use of mod foldered files in MP campaigns, finally eliminating the need to overwrite vanilla campaign map files once and for all.

ETW equivalent of this tutorial.

First things first, you will need to mod folder your startpos according to alpacas tutorial. You may also need to mod folder your map files, according to Irmo's tutorial - I have yet to find whether or not this is necessary, if anyone can provide confirmation of this I would be grateful.

You then need to download the pack I have included at the end of this post. Do not mix up the ETW and NTW files, they look the same but are very different! It works the exact same way as alpacas mod folder pack did - all you have to do is edit the file "mp_campaign_modfolder.lua" so it says
    Code:
    return "CampaignName"
    where CampaignName is the name you used when modfoldering your startpos.esf + regions.esf and in alpacas custom_campaign.lua file. It is currently set up as follows:
    Code:
    return "mp_eur_napoleon"
    so it will load the mp_eur_napoleon campaign. That's that done!

Issues It should be known that, at present, this will load the campaign you have specified whether you select "Spain", "Italy", "Egypt" or "Europe" in game. I will fix this at a later stage, after any potential teething issues are solved. I haven't tested it as far as actually playing a campaign yet, due to my internet connection, so I'll be relying on user feedback to improve this. Getting it to load the proper campaigns shouldn't be too difficult.

Let me know if there are any issue with it - I'll try and fix em straight away
    Last edited by T.C.; April 27, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Re: How to use modfoldered map files in the multiplayer campaign

A Pioneer walks among us!
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!