Thread: Game wont run

Default Game wont run

I have played Rome Total War and loved it. I have played it many times on my computer and it runs fine. But yesterday it crashed on me in the middle of a game, and ever since, I have not been able to get it to run. Everytime I try to start the game it will stop responding and wont do anything. It wont even pop up to tell me that its not responding, but when I do a CTRL+ALT+DEL it shows it as not responding and I can close it out. Has aybody else had this issue, and if so, how can it be fixed?

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Game wont run

Moved to Tech Help

If you have any details on any modding you have done, that might help pinpoint a problem, otherwise I would recommend just reinstalling it. Usually that will help fix any small unseen problems.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Did you do any modding?

Have you put -show_err in the target to see if there is an error messag when it crashes?

I have not added in any modding, and I have tried re installing the game and it has not helped. I intalled it on my laptop to see if it would run there, and it does...but sometimes it crashes to the desktop without warming...it will just close the game and act like it wasnt running anything at all. not a HUGE deal, just have to save often! However, thats how it started on my desktop, it crashed to the desktop and then I couldnt ever get it back up and running. Same thing goes with MTW2 Kingdoms, it crashed, and I havent been able to play that in months!

Post your dxdiag. Sumpin' aint right.

And how do I do that again, I couldnt find the link saying how its done.

XP version:
    Click Start.
    Click run.
    type dxdiag, press enter.

When the box comes up in the middle of your screen, on the bottom is a "Save all info" button.
    Press it and psot the results here preferably in spoilers.