Thread: Advice needed

ajak60's Avatar Biarchus

Default Advice needed

ok... im playing as Gondor/United Kindgoms, first time playing campaign so im on med/med difficulty...

just finished taking out the rebels (of Gondor) so i now have Mordor in my realms... at war with Harad since the beginning of the game, but also at war with Rohan, Easterlings and the other faction (forget name) so everyone...

hold all settlements that start out in Gondor/rebels hands only, havent expanded beyond there yet...

ive gotten to the point, where, being attacked from litteraly all sides, i need advice from experienced players of this mod...

What can i do to save myself from being totally annihilated?

Default Re: Advice needed

A good idea would be to get a full stack of mid-tier units (that you will be able to retrain there) and a couple of siege-engines and launch a fast naval invasion on Harad. Attack and destroy all their ports (or capture them, if you think you can hold them), as fast as you can and then take and hold Annumbar and Umbar. That will force Harad to turn their attention there instead of the Poros bridge, so you can then attack from ithilien and take Harondor. If Umbar loses Harondor and Umbar, and with its ports destroyed, they'll stop being such a serious threat.

Your borders with Rhun should be quite long at this point, so they will have to wait for a while. Just fend off their attacks, until you are done with Harad.

Rohan shouldn't be a problem. Your armies are full of good spearmen units, so just blitzkrieg their settlements with a stack of spearmen, plus some longbowmen and swordsmen for support. Their population is friendly to yours and you share religion, so you shouldn't have much trouble holding their settlements.

Dunland is also not that hard either. You can hold the passage near Thoronburg (or the crossing north of Erindol if you've conquered Old Pukel-land) indefinitely against them, until Rohan has been dealt with.