Thread: FOW

Default FOW

Just like to say straight off, great mod !!!

I changed the FOW to TRUE in the scripting file (i downloaded the Quebec playable file in late campaign)

I have FOW in my region, even when Ive explored it, as soon as i move away from it the FOW takes over at the end of the turn.

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks.

Default Re: FOW

You have to replace LINE_OF_SIGHT subrecord in New France region. For that you'll need to have available another startpos like the all playable I have in data\campaigns\ETF\1\ folder. Now:

1. Open your startpos (Quebec playable) and all playable startpos in the same instance of the Editor! It is better to use 1.4.5 version of erasmus777.

3. Go in every startpos in [...]CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGION_MANAGER/REGIONS_ARRAY so you can see the list with all the regions. As you can see erasmus has added labels so it is easier to find the regions you want.

4. Find the region new_france in both startpos. As you can see LINE_OF_SIGHT in all playable has subrecords but not in Quebec playable.

5. Right click on all playable LINE_OF_SIGHT, copy, right click on REGION in Quebec playable, paste. Right click on old empty LINE_OF_SIGHT in Quebec playable and delete. The REGION record should be now like this (I've used 1.4.3 version):

6. Save the file.