Thread: Getting mass fire to work

Igo's Avatar Libertus

Default Getting mass fire to work

Ive tried to get mass fire to work with the miltia units, but I cant for the love of me to get it to work. In ETW all I had to do was add the mass_fire to the unit to unit abilities junction tables but that doesnt seem to work for NTW. Can someone please explain away to do this.

Default Re: Getting mass fire to work

mass_fire can be changed in the unit_class_to_unit_abilities tables. It is changed by unit class (ie, for all skirms/grenadiers). Just adding it as an ability in unit_to_abilities won't work.

Igo's Avatar Libertus

I tried that and it didnt seem to work, but Ill give it another go.

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

You have to edit the
    unit_ability table
    unit_class_to_unit_ability_junctions table
    unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions table

then it will work...

not worth it... mass fire is as bugged as other fire drills... unit requires certain spacing or unit will spread, if enemy is not directly in front of you , only few soldeirs will fire the salvo, but then entire unit will wait till those few men reloads.. If some men are struck by cannonball, entire unit will wait until they are in position - so if unit is under artillery fire, it will almost never fire...

instead just give every unit "can skirmish" ability and they will fire from all ranks - looks same, but soldeirs fire at will and dont wait for everybody to be in position (sometimes first line is shooting and second and third is still just forming... )