Thread: I can't finish the Egypt Campaign...

moveable nu's Avatar Libertus

Default I can't finish the Egypt Campaign...

Okay, here goes: I didn't guard my cities in Egypt properly, so those stupid Bedouins took some of them (and of course, run away if you try to actively attack their armies in the field). The Mamelukes reappeared (I had defeated them) and were at peace with me. I sent an army to retake Cairo, but had to declare war with the Mamelukes again. The diplomacy window pops up, I check the declare war option, and NOTHING HAPPENS. So, I can't retake Cairo, which is a required settlement for the campaign, which means I can't win.

Later, I had the idea to let one of my provinces rebel, thinking a Mameluke army would try to take it. Unfortunately, it was the "Mamluk Rebels" who came calling, the province only reverting back to the control of the Mamelukes after the rebels had retaken it. I really don't want to restart my campaign, since I have everything else I need for victory, and just fought a terrific battle to capture Cyprus. Any help would be much appreciated.
    "... angry men must also be strong, if they would achieve their purpose"
    -Livy

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: I can't finish the Egypt Campaign...

I'm with you there! I can't finish my egypt campaign! Although it seems that the problem is that I don't own the game... sad face....

Just kidding I have returned from a arduous journey to thema devia, in which I have seem the lol thread...

Now you can check the integrity of the game(troubleshoot thread), and you could try to reload an earlier save

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Default Re: I can't finish the Egypt Campaign...

Go have a cry and start a easy/easy campaign.