Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Murat?

$harpy06's Avatar Tiro

Default Murat?

Is Murat in the game at any point?

"There's daggers in men's smiles" - Shakespeare

Default Re: Murat?

Murat is a marshal from the beginning of the French Grand Campaign.

Yes, he is in at start. He is in the Strasbourg Garrison.

This should give you the full picture: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...aign-1805-1812

Soveriegn's Avatar Miles

Yeah, I know where this is coming from-I wish they had allowed all the historical generals from the campaing list for MP though it would take a lot-but that way all those bonuses we see about +2 for cav or inf or attacking or defending or movement (speed of units on field if CA could implement it instead of campaign map alone) would be awesome, and add to choices, instead of just giving 3 with no differences but morale changes.
    Fight for Old Glory!

Three? If you play as France you have Napoleon, Davout, Murat, Ney, Bernadotte, and Massena to start with (Napoleon's European Campaign).
    'Truth...which is not a beautiful shape living in a well, but a shy bird best caught by a stratagem.' -Joseph Conrad.

As mentioned above Murat is in game, though I wish they'd make him a unique model, in real life he had very special fabulous looks even for that age standards!

Quote Originally Posted by pickelhaube View Post
    As mentioned above Murat is in game, though I wish they'd make him a unique model, in real life he had very special fabulous looks even for that age standards!
    Give him one of his beautifully unorthodox uniforms That man was a Gascon to his fingertips; God I miss those days. What a drudgery war has become!
    'Truth...which is not a beautiful shape living in a well, but a shy bird best caught by a stratagem.' -Joseph Conrad.

you can recruit him also in egyptian campaign

Quote Originally Posted by IAB1789 View Post
    Give him one of his beautifully unorthodox uniforms That man was a Gascon to his fingertips; God I miss those days. What a drudgery war has become!
    Oh I can only agree, spectacular it would look, besides I find his ratings in game a bit underrated, just 3 stars I mean... Come on. Thats some Austrian generic general not Murat!

He does have a unique model, as does Ney, play Dresden for Murat and waterloo for Ney, they each lead an army or are part of it...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

I meant he should look better than what he is portrayed in game. (didnt check waterloo closely no time for such activities in that battle), but in main campaign his "unique" model is far away from spectacular.

Their only on the MP versions I think...

And you can always pause and check...

I'll check it out to be sure. Waterloo and Dresden you say. Okay.

Megas12345's Avatar Tiro

waterloo is michel ney borodino and dresden have murat

Thats what I said...

Yes yes indeed. Murat wasnt present at waterloo already... Though TW series always has some mistakes. For example if I rememebr right there is Bernadotte in Egypt and that cant be possible. Am I right?

Yes yes indeed. Murat wasnt present at waterloo already... Though TW series always has some mistakes. For example if I rememebr right there is Bernadotte in Egypt and that cant be possible. Am I right?
    I've never recruited a general in Egypt, so I can't speak to that. I know that you start out with Napoleon, Desaix, and Kleber, which is correct.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Oh I can only agree, spectacular it would look, besides I find his ratings in game a bit underrated, just 3 stars I mean... Come on. Thats some Austrian generic general not Murat!
    Give him lots of cavalry and see those stars build up.

Murat gets 4 more stars if he has more cav than inf I think...

$harpy06's Avatar Tiro

Interesting read about him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Murat

"There's daggers in men's smiles" - Shakespeare

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast