Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bourbon Restoration 1.1 (bug with election fixed)

Icon7 Bourbon Restoration 1.1 (bug with election fixed)

Bourbon Restoration 1.1

I've always wanted to play the as royalist especially when I finished Napoleon campaign. so far so good I'm mod only a basic things
    I know it's not 100% historical accurate but it's fun to play against Nappy isn't it? Just want to see how you guys think of it.

*I reccomended finished Napoleon's Campaign first.

*UPDATE: 1.1

Since the last version it was so buugy that you might encouter election CTD
    now I change them to absolute monarch

Now I have updated the text fix file!
    just place it's in data folder.this file will change "brittany" and "breton" not really need for but it might make I the game more resonable.

I'm working on an additional unit for royalist if you have any idea please post

there are some pics you may interest in

What's In

now you can play as royalist side and bring back the righteous throne back to France once more
    face Napoleon and his glory French empire on europe map,you start off as britain is your only ally and it's up to you how you will claim the throne.

NOTE: This mod is base on brittany faction.

Install Instruction

1.Dowload the BR file

2.pack file place in the data folder

3.scripting.lua and starpos place in ....campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon

*4.you need to activate the pack file from by dowload the "user.script "file and place it in C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

5.download the text fix and place it in your data folder

Any problem please let me know.

I choose region of Bretagne to be a starting place because during the French Revolution this region has became the centre of royalist (for more infos seach wiki)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany

What's next

in the next version I may add some more new units that would make the campaing more fun
    some unit like maison du roi etc.

P.S. am big fan of HusserlTW job and most knowledge thing can be found in his tutorials.
    for now all credit goes to HusserlTW and the guys who make the tool anyone who interest to continue this and post sth more you can do it freely no need credit for me

Vive le roi! Vive la France! (and enjoy the game)
    Last edited by SaengsaWang; March 20, 2010 at 01:38 AM.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Bourbon Restoration(Inspiration for real modder!)

Luks good! I´ll try this

Default Re: Bourbon Restoration

O.K. now I have a permision from husserlTW to use his file that contains in this mod
    thing seems to go smooth and I'm uploading it now ,don't expsect it too much since I'm just a new one and this is my first mod.Any feedback appreciate.

Default Re: Bourbon Restoration 1.0 now Released!

I have tried downloading but it says the starpos file is corrupt when I try to unpack it - is this a problem for anyone else?

EDIT: Any info on the unit rooster etc?

Icon11 Re: Bourbon Restoration 1.0 now Released!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Romans View Post
    I have tried downloading but it says the starpos file is corrupt when I try to unpack it - is this a problem for anyone else?

EDIT: Any info on the unit rooster etc?

Oh! seem like it's my fault I'm re-uploading it now ,hope there shouldn't be any problem now
    and in the future more unit may come.

Is it possible to use this in an existing campaign?

For example in my current Britain campaign I want to eventualy invade France and bring back the Monarchy. (Or can I just do this in the normal game by "liberating" France?)

I was originally planning on liberating Brittany and giving them all of Frances regions as a sort of "pretend France."

Quote Originally Posted by SaengsaWang View Post
    Oh! seem like it's my fault I'm re-uploading it now ,hope there shouldn't be any problem now
    and in the future more unit may come.
    Thanks bud

EDIT: downloaded, no corrupt files
    Last edited by I Heart Romans; March 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael of Westmorland View Post
    Is it possible to use this in an existing campaign?

For example in my current Britain campaign I want to eventualy invade France and bring back the Monarchy. (Or can I just do this in the normal game by "liberating" France?)

I was originally planning on liberating Brittany and giving them all of Frances regions as a sort of "pretend France."

you can have "pretend France" with this mod but I'm afraid you must restart the campaign
    by conquered bretange region and then liberate them.
    Last edited by SaengsaWang; March 18, 2010 at 11:31 AM.

pls help me i can't find AppData and i can't find a mod manager

Quote Originally Posted by General William Howe View Post
    pls help me i can't find AppData and i can't find a mod manager
    About AppData are you certain you did show hidden file and folder? you can enable it by tool -> folder option -> view -> advanced setting on the bar on top of the screen

the folder should be there by

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

*NOTE : \Administrator\ may depend on computer
    it's your user name on the computer

If anyone encounter any problem please post
    since I'm really new with this.

Hope you can find it ,Cheers!
    Last edited by SaengsaWang; March 18, 2010 at 11:54 AM.

Toniho's Avatar Foederatus

Nice and original idea there

Just for information,
    Wikipedia is not truely accurate...

"La Bretagne" was not the main "area" as they say of the "chouannerie" (the catho-royalist movement) it was the Vendée area (maybe you hear of it these days as people die in a flood there...). the movement was called from the West but...
    The region is actualy called "Pays de la Loire" ! It is close (this is the region in south of britanny) but quiet different.
    Britanny join the royalist more than it create the movment. (this is an old fashioned catho region to)
    French Britanny like to join the one who stand against French (they badly do it even with nazis ...)

Saying that the problem is that the french map of NTW do not represent this area (could be the small part of paris region south of britanny)
    Maybe later with better moding tools !
    Last edited by Toniho; March 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
    L'Angleterre est une ancienne colonie française qui a mal tourné

Georges "le tigre" Clémenceau. (1841-1929)

Senator

Very nice mod man!

Quote Originally Posted by Toniho View Post
    Nice and original idea there

Just for information,
    Wikipedia is not truely accurate...

"La Bretagne" was not the main "area" as they say of the "chouannerie" (the catho-royalist movement) it was the Vendée area (maybe you hear of it these days as people die in a flood there...). the movement was called from the West but...
    The region is actualy called "Pays de la Loire" ! It is close (this is the region in south of britanny) but quiet different.
    Britanny join the royalist more than it create the movment. (this is an old fashioned catho region to)
    French Britanny like to join the one who stand against French (they badly do it even with nazis ...)

Saying that the problem is that the french map of NTW do not represent this area (could be the small part of paris region south of britanny)
    Maybe later with better moding tools !
    Oh! ,merci monsieur france info from frenchman must be more accurate than wiki
    and again we need a better tool for the thing you said

If you found any more please tell me

bon chance!
    Last edited by SaengsaWang; March 18, 2010 at 10:07 PM.

Default Re: Bourbon Restoration 1.0 (Text fix addon!)

Very good idea and nice job! +rep

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks very good! but there are few mistakes, the uniforms under "La Restauration", are the same as the Napoleon Area, only the flag changes... and the Monarch is Louis XVIII, the brother of the last sovereign of France, Louis XVII was the son of Louis XVI who is dead in the jail of Paris in 1795.

http://www.bertrand-malvaux.com/fr/i...814-1830-.html

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Very good idea and nice job! +rep
    Thanks ,seem like modding really challenge me and it made this vacation a lot more fun!(my school just finished week ago)

Looks very good! but there are few mistakes, the uniforms under "La Restauration", are the same as the Napoleon Area, only the flag changes... and the Monarch is Louis XVIII, the brother of the last sovereign of France, Louis XVII was the son of Louis XVI who is dead in the jail of Paris in 1795.

And about the Louis I'm quite certain it show "Louis XVIII" as the monarch ,but again thank you for the post

and here are some pictures that I encounter with Napoleon near Marseille ,sadly I end up with withdraw
    Last edited by SaengsaWang; March 19, 2010 at 10:49 AM.

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote:

And about the Louis I'm quite certain it show "Louis XVIII" as the monarch ,but again thank you for the post
    woops Sorry ,

Hi thanks for help + rep but there is a little bug with the uniform
    the uniform is not the same like your screenshot they look more as the napoleonic era

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Sounds like a very interesting 'what-if' mod.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Toniho's Avatar Foederatus

Hey SaengsaWang

I do more research as i was speaking under memory (i am not breton at all but former history student) and like to be accurate.
    I was wrong of saying britanny just follow the movement.
    I must say that your choice of britanny is the best as there is no vendée available in NTW.

The first people who fear the revolution and start the "counter-revolution" where from britanny, Anjou and Maine (part of the actual "Pays de la Loire") and lower normandy
    but Britanny and lower normandy do not have big fight between royalist and regular french troops
    La Vendée is where people fight and die, we can speak about Vendée wars during the "Chouannerie".

Now, info which could be usefull in future

Here is a view of the actual region of Pays de la Loire (where stand Vendée, Maine etc)

http://ejournal.emokykla.lt/lit4/med...e-la-loire.jpg

You can see the north is the Nantes area (some consider Nantes as a Britanny city other don't... an old french intern story)
    It is not a famous military or trading port. In fact changing it in a city will be better.
    So if one day CA allow you, Nantes and the surrounding area between Aquitaine and Bretagne need to be a region, the ideal one for your mod ! (as vendée is to tiny to be placed as a region on the NTW map)

keep the good work !
    L'Angleterre est une ancienne colonie française qui a mal tourné

Georges "le tigre" Clémenceau. (1841-1929)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast