Thread: MPC and drop-in battles: which ones are ranked?

Primicerius

Default MPC and drop-in battles: which ones are ranked?

Just as the subject is stating. Is there any way to tell which MP campaign battles and drop-in battles are ranked?

Default Re: MPC and drop-in battles: which ones are ranked?

I paid attention to it only once when doing a drop-in battle, and that wasn't ranked (I lost when dropping in and it didn't show up as "lost ranked" in the stats)...
    Therefore I assumed drop-in was never ranked.
    It may be different when you're the campaigner being dropped into; I don't think I lost any of those.
    Also, I never played MPC.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Primicerius

Default Re: MPC and drop-in battles: which ones are ranked?

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    I paid attention to it only once when doing a drop-in battle, and that wasn't ranked (I lost when dropping in and it didn't show up as "lost ranked" in the stats)...
    Therefore I assumed drop-in was never ranked.
    It may be different when you're the campaigner being dropped into; I don't think I lost any of those.
    Also, I never played MPC.
    Well, since I have a rank, something from drop-ins and multi-player campaigns does get ranked. I have never played multi-player custom battles. Also, my rank seems to go up and down after every evening I battle my MP campaign partner. Some evenings, I would not be even fighting with my troops, just controlling the AI in my opponent's battles. The rank would still change. Example: several times his line army in Southern France was attacked by a militia-only horde of Swedes. To save their sorry derrieres I retreated them on the field. At the end of the evening, my rank dropped by almost 2,000 points.

Not that this will stop me to save AI's armies if the situation dictates it to be the best solution (for the AI).

By the way, something is messed up with the stats recording. For instance, my stats show me having played 20-something multi-player NAVAL battles as Russia. At most, I have played ONE multi-player naval battle as Russia. I also noticed that this number (multiplayer naval battle count) went up after an evening in which I played numerous LAND battles as Russia.
    Last edited by Slaists; March 19, 2010 at 09:25 AM.