Thread: What to do with Austria in 1805?

jfpOne23's Avatar Libertus

Default What to do with Austria in 1805?

I've taken Vienna and it's about to go into rebellion (not looted). What am I supposed to do with the province? Devastate their economy by burning all the buildings? Then just leave it to rebellion?

It's not clear to me what to do at this point. I'd like some advice as to standard procedure as I'm sure this will happen with Prussia soon, others eventually.

Thanks and cheers!

Archimonday's Avatar Senator

Default Re: What to do with Austria in 1805?

It depends what you want. Do you want to fight off the rebellion and hold Vienna for your own use? Or do you want to surrender it to the rebellion? Perhaps sell it to an ally.

hmmm how about if I do the battle again, loot Vienna and gift Austria to Bavaria perhaps? Will they have the problem with the rebels? And if so should I "clean up" the Rebels for them?

They will likely lose it to rebels, but who knows. I say don't loot it. Keep it. It's a big money maker. I was able to keep a steady income in Vienna as France. Once you crush the rebellion, you get a nice boost to public order.

Ok and it looks like I get a mission against Prussia almost right away...can I stay long enough in Vienna to quell rebellion then still march on Berlin?

Also don't I take a bad hit in Reputation if I "Annex" Austria to France? What about it's other provinces?

Now at peace with Austria (decided to try staying) but they are still at war with my allies. Any way to put an end to that? Also I think I'd like to make Venice a protectorate, but I can't seem to find where I can do that.

The only way to make Venice a protectorate is if they're their own nation, which Venice isn't. You have to conquer the territory, and then "liberate" them. They then become Italy (rather than Venice), and are automatically your protectorate.

If you didn't liberate them, but it is your territory, then you have to find a way to get that single region to rebel or something, and then you can conquer and liberate them.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

I "Liberated" them from Austria, but I don't remember being offered the chance to let them become a protectorate unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by jfpOne23 View Post
    I've taken Vienna and it's about to go into rebellion (not looted). What am I supposed to do with the province? Devastate their economy by burning all the buildings? Then just leave it to rebellion?

It's not clear to me what to do at this point. I'd like some advice as to standard procedure as I'm sure this will happen with Prussia soon, others eventually.

Thanks and cheers!
    Rebellion is unavoidable, I suggest a buffer to keep Austria carved in two. Liberate Hungary and donate all your military and economic research to the state, that will keep austria busy while you deal with the rebellion.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Senator

NEXT TIME LOOT IT! BURN DOWN ALL BUILDINGS INSIDE IT AND AT LAND,SCHOOLS AND ALL!

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ciisar View Post
    NEXT TIME LOOT IT! BURN DOWN ALL BUILDINGS INSIDE IT AND AT LAND,SCHOOLS AND ALL!
    Do this to the capital of a big nation and it's gg, even on VH -- makes for very very short compains ;/

Senator

Hmm, I have done this to Spain,Austria And they come back!

That liberation of Hungary sounds like an interesting plan of action. Then again so does burning every building in Austria then marching off. Doesn't that slash n burn tactic give a big hit to national prestige?

Quote Originally Posted by jfpOne23 View Post
    hmmm how about if I do the battle again, loot Vienna and gift Austria to Bavaria perhaps? Will they have the problem with the rebels? And if so should I "clean up" the Rebels for them?
    I've found it is difficult to give away a region you have looted, even to the nation most logically that would want it back, eg, Vienna/Austria.

Vienna is a key city, for all the factions. I would keep it, pacifiy it, and use it.
    "oooh a gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight, sky is starlit and the time is right. Now you're telling me you have to go...before you do there's something you should know." - Bob Seger

Freedom is the distance between church and state.