Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 5

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Patch 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kritic View Post
    get this ctd error when Frans attack me and I fight battle. Patch 5 installed megaupload version
    Thanks for that. I've updated the attachment in Posting #1 and will include in Patch 5.

Cheers

So do I just copy/paste the new edited export_descr_buildings.txt in Data without deleting the old one (thus it will be named #2) or do delete it? Aslo if most factions should be able to make warlords/generals, the Saxons are unable as they can't recruit Saxnotas. Btw Gisipe are now available for them with the new file? (I also miss their old units.)

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    So do I just copy/paste the new edited export_descr_buildings.txt in Data without deleting the old one (thus it will be named #2) or do delete it? Aslo if most factions should be able to make warlords/generals, the Saxons are unable as they can't recruit Saxnotas. Btw Gisipe are now available for them with the new file? (I also miss their old units.)
    Just copy and paste the data folder into your IJ folder.

Should I merge it with the other Data folder?

Should I merge it with the other Data folder?
    Yes, that's the idea.

Yep so Gisipe are recruitable and so are the mentioned Quadi units.
    The only thing missing for the Saxons is a recruitable Saxnotas unit. (to make a warlord/general)
    As for the Quadi, shouldn't they be able to make 'Faramanne with Captured Roman Armour' in any city? (they are unrecruitable in campaign but available for them in custom battle)

I'll tell you if I find anything else.

Yep so Gisipe are recruitable and so are the mentioned Quadi units.
    The only thing missing for the Saxons is a recruitable Saxnotas unit. (to make a warlord/general)
    As for the Quadi, shouldn't they be able to make 'Faramanne with Captured Roman Armour' in any city? (they are unrecruitable in campaign but available for them in custom battle)

I'll tell you if I find anything else.
    I can either fix the Saxonatas for the final release or add to the attachment. As for the Faramanne with capture roman armour they are only available to barbarian factions in roman cities that have the hidden_resource limitanei.

Keep up the good work.

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Please, let us know whenever you update the attachment since some of us are already playing the mod with patch5.
    That way we can keep it up to date.

All missing recruitable units in campaign mode for Germanic factions for v3.5 + data (very latest edition):

Saxons: Saxnotas/Warlord

Alemanni: Suebi Warband, Gasinde/Warlord, Noble Cnihte

Burgundii: Burgundiske Akuskampja, Heavy Cnihte, Noble Cnihte

Franks: Alemanni Spear Heerbann, Heavy Cnihte, Noble Cnihte

Vandals: Gothic Medium Spearmen, Vandal Spearmen, Gardingi Noble Infantry, Vandal Heavy Spearmen, Heavy Swordsmen, East Slav Skirmishers, Vandal Raiders, Gothic Noble Lancers, Gothic Horse Raiders, (not sure: Alan Lancers?)

Thervingi Goths: Gothic Horse Raiders

The Vandals' recruitment roster in campaign is very problematic. Their only units are very mediocre.

I used cheats in each faction's starting capital city to see if units were missing. All units missing for a faction cannot be recruited with any buildings available. I looked at the details of all recruitment-allowing buildings so it's not because they don't appear or something. It's the same problem as the missing Gisipe for the Saxons and Quadi units.

Hope this helps. I'm guessing more are missing than you thought?
    Last edited by justinius; May 08, 2010 at 01:28 PM.

All missing recruitable units in campaign mode for Germanic factions for v3.5 + data (very latest edition):

Saxons: Saxnotas/Warlord

Vandals: Gothic Medium Spearmen, Vandal Spearmen, Gardingi Noble Infantry, Vandal Heavy Spearmen, Heavy Swordsmen, East Slav Skirmishers, Vandal Raiders, Gothic Noble Lancers, Gothic Horse Raiders, (not sure: Alan Lancers?)

The Vandals' recruitment roster in campaign is very problematic. Their only units are very mediocre.

I used cheats in each faction's starting capital city to see if units were missing. All units missing for a faction cannot be recruited with any buildings available. I looked at the details of all recruitment-allowing buildings so it's not because they don't appear or something. It's the same problem as the missing Gisipe for the Saxons and Quadi units.

Hope this helps. I'm guessing more are missing than you thought?
    OK, I've revised the edu based on your findings. The biggest problem was with the Vandals since now they have become a more important faction in-game and I hadn't revised their recruiting areas correctly. One of the many problems when you are doing mosyt of the things yourself and making lots of changes.

Can you please check these and if they are OK, I will do a final Patch update (may call it Patch 5a).

Thanks again.

Ok so in the updated data file, the Vandals now have most of their units.

Updated list of missing units:

Vandals: Heavy Swordsmen, East Slav Skirmishers, (not sure: Alan Lancers?)

Last edited by justinius; May 09, 2010 at 07:47 AM.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

My game crash when i click arrow to begin Campaign(after I choose the faction).
    The error is: "Script Error in IJ/Data/Descr_character.txt,at line 94,column 1.
    Could not find character battle model."
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

I'm getting a CTD (no error message) on AI turn. Playing 355ad campaign with 4tpy script. If I don't activate script it doesn't crash.It is on the Constantinus turn and I notice the adviser pops out right before crash,can't see what she is saying though.
    Last edited by Kritic; May 09, 2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: more info
    “Plunderers of the world, after they, laying everything waste, run out of land, they probe even the sea: if their enemy has wealth, they have greed; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither East nor West has sated them; alone of mankind they covet poverty with the same passion as wealth. Robbery, butchery, rape they misname empire: they make a wasteland and call it peace” Tacitus

Hi, julianus heraclius have you seen the mod in that thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=356300
    Just wanted to hear what do you think about it and if you like it, could please add it that the final version of the mod?

I had the same problem as Kritic I think mine was on turn 3 then I did not activate the script, after trying to activate the script 3 times to make sure it was not just a concidence, and it worked I am on turn 5 but it may have something to do with year changes. (Mine is 355 also)

Ok so in the updated data file, the Vandals now have most of their units.

Updated list of missing units:

Vandals: Heavy Swordsmen, East Slav Skirmishers, (not sure: Alan Lancers?)

The latest data patch should have corrected all of these. The Suebi Warband need hidden_resource east_german or hidden_resource gaul to recruit them.

The East Slavic Skirmishers require hidden_resource slavic to recruit them.

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    I had the same problem as Kritic I think mine was on turn 3 then I did not activate the script, after trying to activate the script 3 times to make sure it was not just a concidence, and it worked I am on turn 5 but it may have something to do with year changes. (Mine is 355 also)
    Yes, I've expereinced this problem with the Constantius II faction. It does seem to be related to the script but I cannot find where the error would be. I do get around it by playing a few turns without the script activated and then it seems fine.

I've checked the script many times. If anybody can look at it with fresh eyes I would appreciate it.

So far I haven't encountered any issues with the new patch myself, just captured all of Italy from an undefended Ravenna with Julian today.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Yes, I've expereinced this problem with the Constantius II faction. It does seem to be related to the script but I cannot find where the error would be. I do get around it by playing a few turns without the script activated and then it seems fine.

I've checked the script many times. If anybody can look at it with fresh eyes I would appreciate it.
    Maybe the adviser popping up is the problem usually she announces the year change after the ai turn but it seems she is appearing during Constantinus turn. My CTD is on third turn also winter 355.
    “Plunderers of the world, after they, laying everything waste, run out of land, they probe even the sea: if their enemy has wealth, they have greed; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither East nor West has sated them; alone of mankind they covet poverty with the same passion as wealth. Robbery, butchery, rape they misname empire: they make a wasteland and call it peace” Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by Kritic View Post
    Maybe the adviser popping up is the problem usually she announces the year change after the ai turn but it seems she is appearing during Constantinus turn. My CTD is on third turn also winter 355.
    If you select the "follow the AI" in the main menu before you load your savedgame you can see the movements of the other factions and may give a clue as to what is happening just before the CTD. As I said, you can get around it by not activating the script for a turn or two, then selecting it.