Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 5

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Patch 5

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    Please don't withdraw the downloads again, I'm just downloading! Release a small fix containing those missing files.

EDIT: Megaupload works.
    Should I install the IB's Skies, IB's vegetation and IB's Strat models? Are they better than the original CA's?
    How the forced diplomacy works? Is it a kind of cheating or what?
    The default install has the IB skies, vegetation and strat models. The Forced Diplomacy is an optional install which will give you greater diplomatic power over your rivals in accepting most of your proposals.

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Ok. But, isn't it easier for you to upload just a small patch 5a which will include only those few additional changes instead of the full almost 400MB patch 5?

Ok. But, isn't it easier for you to upload just a small patch 5a which will include only those few additional changes instead of the full almost 400MB patch 5?
    True, but these two missing elements are important and I want people to have the same patch as it avoids confusion with online games etc.
    If you want I can include a small attachement for those who don't want to download again.

YES PLEASE! I was shamed to ask
    I really wouldn't like to download and install everything again.
    Just a small fix with those additional files would be great!

YES PLEASE! I was shamed to ask
    I really wouldn't like to download and install everything again.
    Just a small fix with those additional files would be great!
    OK, will do sometime today. And how are you finding the changes??

So far everything streams greatly.
    I'm playing the 355 and the fight broke everywhere-excellent piece of work!

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Its very good JH I love the feel of it so far very smooth.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    It is only the Quadi HC that seem to be unavailable in the campaign. I am doing one more change to include this and the missing sassanid satrapy picture via a filefront upload as the upload to filefront was corrupt.
    Ok so when you include these on the patch hosted on Filefront, will I have to download the whole patch again?

OK Folks,

I have updated the first posting of this thread which contains all the information on Patch 5 plus a data file attachement that contains the edited export_descr_buildings.txt file plus the missing sassanid_satrapy.tga ancillary file for those people who do not want to re-download Patch 5 again. I will be including the additions in Patch 5 as well.

Cheers

Great work Julianus. This mod is definetly one of the best mods out there.

Cool....I'm gonna pick up that attachment now.

Cheating with buildings playing as Sassanids i noticed Large theatre have wrong picture(they have roman baracks instead), same story with Romans(buildings called suburbs)!
    I hope you understand my bad english Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by zmv View Post
    Cheating with buildings playing as Sassanids i noticed Large theatre have wrong picture(they have roman baracks instead), same story with Romans(buildings called suburbs)!
    I hope you understand my bad english Best regards
    Thanks for that. I'll fix it for the final release.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    OK Folks,

I have updated the first posting of this thread which contains all the information on Patch 5 plus a data file attachement that contains the edited export_descr_buildings.txt file plus the missing sassanid_satrapy.tga ancillary file for those people who do not want to re-download Patch 5 again. I will be including the additions in Patch 5 as well.

Cheers
    Great good work and very fast! Btw when will the additions be made to the Filefront upload?
    Last edited by justinius; May 07, 2010 at 10:20 AM.

Just a question: I deleted the old export_descr_buildings.txt file and copy/pasted the edited one in Data. By deleting the old one though do I lose units recruitable in campaign? ( I noticed that Quadi archers (not the chosen ones) and Quadi Faramanne Warband (the Quadi one not just the Faramanne Warband one) are not available in campaign now, only custom battle, is that normal?) Btw why aren't Slingers, Wodanwiga, Cnihte and Langobardum Heriban included as recruitable units in the campaign since they're in custom battle for the Quadi. Aslo Gisipe cannot be recruited by the Saxons in campaign.

Also, the temples for Germanic factions should be changed in the next version as I'm sure you noticed Mogons, Svarog, etc. are not Germanic deities at all.

Another thing: when the 2nd level stable is constructed in Campus Quaddi as the Quadi, the 'Faramanni Quadi Cavalry' (recruitable with the first level stable) suddenly becomes unavailable.

Also why is it with each change units like Gepidae,Heruljaz, Barduwarja or even Frisian Uthere are taken out of the game?
    Last edited by justinius; May 07, 2010 at 02:35 PM.

Could that texture error cause some problems?
    There is no that texture error in patch 4 in my game

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Is the current patch 5 finnished and downloadable JH ?

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    Is the current patch 5 finnished and downloadable JH ?
    yeah it's done

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    Just a question: I deleted the old export_descr_buildings.txt file and copy/pasted the edited one in Data. By deleting the old one though do I lose units recruitable in campaign? ( I noticed that Quadi archers (not the chosen ones) and Quadi Faramanne Warband (the Quadi one not just the Faramanne Warband one) are not available in campaign now, only custom battle, is that normal?) Btw why aren't Slingers, Wodanwiga, Cnihte and Langobardum Heriban included as recruitable units in the campaign since they're in custom battle for the Quadi. Aslo Gisipe cannot be recruited by the Saxons in campaign.
    These have now been included. The problem was that I had added a new hidden resource "east_german" and hadn't included it for the Quadi, but I have now corrected that. and updated the attachement in the first posting of this thread.

Also, the temples for Germanic factions should be changed in the next version as I'm sure you noticed Mogons, Svarog, etc. are not Germanic deities at all.
    Will do.

Another thing: when the 2nd level stable is constructed in Campus Quaddi as the Quadi, the 'Faramanni Quadi Cavalry' (recruitable with the first level stable) suddenly becomes unavailable.
    Been fixed and included in the revised attachment

Also why is it with each change units like Gepidae,Heruljaz, Barduwarja or even Frisian Uthere are taken out of the game?
    Space within the edu made me remove some units to allow for others. May be able to reintroduce some of the missing in the alex.exe version in the future.

Can I thank you for pointing out these important ommissions.

EDIT: I have been having problems uploading Patch 5 via Filefront. It took me at least 4 times with a rather slow transfer rate, AND then when I downloaded it to check for any install errors my bloody Nortons Virus software reported it as a threat and removed it!! So I am having to do it all again. At the moment use the megaupload mirror and the attachment on Posting #1
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; May 07, 2010 at 06:01 PM.

get this ctd error when Frans attack me and I fight battle. Patch 5 installed megaupload version
    Last edited by Kritic; May 07, 2010 at 08:28 PM.
    “Plunderers of the world, after they, laying everything waste, run out of land, they probe even the sea: if their enemy has wealth, they have greed; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither East nor West has sated them; alone of mankind they covet poverty with the same passion as wealth. Robbery, butchery, rape they misname empire: they make a wasteland and call it peace” Tacitus