Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 5

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Patch 5

Me likes So i read somewhere that ths would be it for IJ after patch 5. I hope this isn't so, but all good things must come to an end I suppose
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Me likes So i read somewhere that ths would be it for IJ after patch 5. I hope this isn't so, but all good things must come to an end I suppose
    Well, it will be it before the "official" release of IJ4.0 sometime mid year.

There is the Aurelian mod to get going on to you know.

(Faceplam) Yeah I forgot about that, at least your creative skill isn't going to dissappear from TWC.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Exellent news ,will look forward to it ,mind if i ask what are you doing your MA in ?

Signature made by Joar

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That sounds interesting, I know 448 would be the Alans in gaul, 425 the Huns, and 418 the Visigoths in aquitaine...

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    Exellent news ,will look forward to it ,mind if i ask what are you doing your MA in ?
    Psychology, though you'd think I would do one in Ancient History, though i did do Classical Studies when i did my arts degree way back in the 80's. I even did an essay on Julian!

Quote Originally Posted by Magistri Militum FlaviusAetius View Post
    That sounds interesting, I know 448 would be the Alans in gaul, 425 the Huns, and 418 the Visigoths in aquitaine...
    I'm not going that far as I feel those dates are best covered either in IBRR or Rio's or your own mod.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Okay, the alemanni and franks, plus the visigoths/ostrogoths in greece would all be major scources

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Psychology, though you'd think I would do one in Ancient History, though i did do Classical Studies when i did my arts degree way back in the 80's. I even did an essay on Julian!
    I assumed you would of said Some aspect of History .I'm doing history and classical studies ,eventually I plan to do an MA in medieval history .(Assuming i get that far ) Well good luck with that ,I did Psychology A-level along time ago .

Signature made by Joar

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Eagerly waiting for the latest patch.....

This Patch will be the LAST Patch before the "Official" release of IJV4.0 sometime mid year.
    So, technically you intend to launch another instance of the IJ, right?
    If true then it's a great news, although this is the very first time I hear for that. I was convinced that IJ3 + patch 5 will be the end of IJ.

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    Eagerly waiting for the latest patch.....

So, technically you intend to launch another instance of the IJ, right?
    If true then it's a great news, although this is the very first time I hear for that. I was convinced that IJ3 + patch 5 will be the end of IJ.
    Well, it's the last patch before the release of IJ4.0. Of course there may be a some patches afterwards for tweaking but I really want to start to concentrate on the Aurelianus/Constantine mod.

Well, it's the last patch before the release of IJ4.0. Of course there may be a some patches afterwards for tweaking but I really want to start to concentrate on the Aurelianus/Constantine mod.
    YES i want you to do that too If you want me to do any digging into the archives just ask ,thats about all i can help with . Oh and by the way ,exellent work on Ivlian ,I am having a great campaign ,just defeated Procopius

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    YES i want you to do that too If you want me to do any digging into the archives just ask ,thats about all i can help with . Oh and by the way ,exellent work on Ivlian ,I am having a great campaign ,just defeated Procopius
    Thanks, I will. I assume you mean information for the 3rd C mod? And I'm glad you are enjoying the 365AD campaign.

Yes I meant the 3rdC mod ,alough its clear you already know your stuff ,but you never know .Just be glad to lend a hand .

Signature made by Joar

Wait...when you say Aurelianus/Constantine mod you mean on the Restitutor Orbis?
    But, IJ 4 will be your usually IJ that we all play right?
    If I may ask-why do you intend to continue work on the IJ? So far, the mod has reached the pinnacle (it's my favorite mod as well). I don't see what more can be improved...

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    Wait...when you say Aurelianus/Constantine mod you mean on the Restitutor Orbis?
    But, IJ 4 will be your usually IJ that we all play right?
    If I may ask-why do you intend to continue work on the IJ? So far, the mod has reached the pinnacle (it's my favorite mod as well). I don't see what more can be improved...
    Yes the Aurelianus/Constantine mod is the Restitutor Orbis mod. I have a keen love of that period as well. It is very under represented.

As for IJV4.0. it will basically be IJV3.0 plus Patch 5 with some minor tweaks. The only changes I see after IJ4.0 is released is possibly some scripting. I am thinking of including a 376AD Campaign just for Valentinian Victor.

Good.....Looking forward.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Do it! 376 AD would be great - don't forget Mavia's Saraceni!

376 Campaign ? you'v got my interest ,before or after that fateful day .Will there be a Theodosius ?

Signature made by Joar

Just so you know, I like the trigger in IJ that makes reinforcements come to besieged cities.