Thread: Problems uninstalling/reinstalling...

Default Problems uninstalling/reinstalling...

I noticed the sticky, it doesnt help.. I need direct help.

A long time ago... **sniff** I played RTW.. I conquored so much, Gaul, Spain, britian.. The most ive ever done...

I decided to unsinatll RTW and all my games, dont ask me why I just did...

Then BANG, PC has a problem. I do a system restore.

After the restore, I look in my add/remove list, and RTW and my games are back there, even though I unsinstalled them before a sys restore.

So I try to PLAY RTW, but it just wont play. Nothing happens. The Autorun says its installed. But I know it isnt, this is what I was expecting..

So I go to add/remove programs, ttry to uninstall RTW, but it gets to a certain point and it says missing some sort of dll file, then cancels the uninstall.

So I cannot ninstall it, and so I cant REinstall it.

I tried going to regedit, but I dont know exactly what im looking for, I couldnt see any RTW related files.

Please help, I wanna play this game again
    " Escape from a world of illusions... Hmph... I wonder which is better."
    This world... is destined for hard times, becuase of us, and all who have come before us, and all who will come next.
    " What I have told you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion. "

doperwtje's Avatar Laetus

What exactly does it do? does the game give an error, or does it refuse to run altogether?

Oh, and in Regedit, try looking for a map called 'The Creative Assembly'. Maybe this works?

When uninstalling it says its missing an MSI file.. then rolls back the uninstall.

I deleted everything i found of RTW in regedit. still doesnt uninstall.
    " Escape from a world of illusions... Hmph... I wonder which is better."
    This world... is destined for hard times, becuase of us, and all who have come before us, and all who will come next.
    " What I have told you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion. "

doperwtje's Avatar Laetus

Well if You can't seem to get it to work, and nothing seems to work, AND you already have a backed-up version of your old System, Why don't You try to reinstall Xp altogether? Most of the times that helps, though You might want to think about all the files that May or may not work after this, but this is about all that I van think of that might help You getting RTW to work again!

Default Re: Problems uninstalling/reinstalling...

Is this the message error?

""Error 1316 A network error occured while attempt to read C:WINDOWS/Installer/Rome - Total War(TM).msi.""

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    I noticed the sticky, it doesnt help.. I need direct help.

A long time ago... **sniff** I played RTW.. I conquored so much, Gaul, Spain, britian.. The most ive ever done...

I decided to unsinatll RTW and all my games, dont ask me why I just did...

Then BANG, PC has a problem. I do a system restore.

After the restore, I look in my add/remove list, and RTW and my games are back there, even though I unsinstalled them before a sys restore.

So I try to PLAY RTW, but it just wont play. Nothing happens. The Autorun says its installed. But I know it isnt, this is what I was expecting..

So I go to add/remove programs, ttry to uninstall RTW, but it gets to a certain point and it says missing some sort of dll file, then cancels the uninstall.

So I cannot ninstall it, and so I cant REinstall it.

I tried going to regedit, but I dont know exactly what im looking for, I couldnt see any RTW related files.

Please help, I wanna play this game again
    Have a look at this thread, it may solve your problem.

If that doesn't work, take a look at this thread from rtw.heavengames.com. It is an index of RTW related errors and stuff. The solution to your problem could very well be in there.

Good Luck

Did you delete the Activision folder or whatever folder it use to be in?
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

I have the problem where it doesnt start and i reinstalled it to no effect, but yours may work.