Thread: Revolutions

Icon5 Revolutions

I have noticed several AI nations go through revolutions. I am curious if the system for player faction revolutions still exists from ETW? Can we still choose sides in a revolution?

Default Re: Revolutions

I hope a revolutionary Sweden doesn't have the dumb ass flag like last time. Maybe I will go try it out. Bye bye Gustav IV!! Hello Tax free Republic!

in NTW revolutions can occur in all factions except France
    ουπω μα Δί οισθ' οι αυτός εράζει κακά
    Primus Pilus Centurion in Legio I Latina

I did notice that but do they work the same as etw i.e. you pick which side to support (Monarchist, republican)?

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

yeah they do

♔GrinningManiac♔'s Avatar Centenarius

Except now they're no fun

You revolt and side with the rebels, you get given a massive, highly-experienced full stack, and it's a boring cakewalk.

Read my AAR (signiture) if you want to see what a drawn-out Revolution in VH/VH GB campaign was like in ETW. It was still rough around 1740

Yeah my Prussian in ETW revolution was a nightmare assaulting the walls of Berlin and line infantry I built!

Okay...i heard something like i can start a revolt in other people's territory...was wondering if i heard it right and if it is true, how do i go about doing that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    Okay...i heard something like i can start a revolt in other people's territory...was wondering if i heard it right and if it is true, how do i go about doing that ?
    You can send gentleman into other people's regions and cause unrest. That is how you can get them hyped up for some head chopping.

I am not quite sure that is accurate Mr. Grenadier? Perhaps you are referring to liberating a nation?

Oh i mean something like Napolean fabreeze said...
    Coz i have a few gentlemens that are very free...so i thought might as well send them over to stir up some "S*#T" in France and Spain
    But was wondering how does it really work ? do i just sit him there and he will do the rest like previously what the priests do when you send them to a different land to convert the people's religion (older TW titles) or do i need to select a button like how we use the spy...

In every TW since Medieval 1 has given the player the option to choose sides in the event of a revolution. I don't think they would have changed it in NTW. I haven't come across a revolution yet though
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔GrinningManiac♔ View Post
    Except now they're no fun

You revolt and side with the rebels, you get given a massive, highly-experienced full stack, and it's a boring cakewalk.
    This sort of thing?

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    Oh i mean something like Napolean fabreeze said...
    Coz i have a few gentlemens that are very free...so i thought might as well send them over to stir up some "S*#T" in France and Spain
    But was wondering how does it really work ? do i just sit him there and he will do the rest like previously what the priests do when you send them to a different land to convert the people's religion (older TW titles) or do i need to select a button like how we use the spy...
    All you need to do is sending a gentleman into a city, he will then provide "-1" to the public order (5 gentlemen = -5 to public order) by just staying in city. He doesnt even have to do some sort of "infiltration" prior to causing disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Fozdike View Post
    In every TW since Medieval 1 has given the player the option to choose sides in the event of a revolution. I don't think they would have changed it in NTW. I haven't come across a revolution yet though
    In M2TW and Rome the garrison would, in the event of a rebellion, be thrown out by a bunch of (generic) rebels. You would have nada option to pick either side.

ETW was the first to give us the opportunity to join the unruly commoners and kill the true elite of the country by zerging their castles in a disorderly fashion.
    Last edited by Aeneas Veneratio; March 17, 2010 at 06:17 AM.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

MTW...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!