Thread: Searching for a fellow campaigner (UK)

Bergil's Avatar Laetus

Default Searching for a fellow campaigner (UK)

Hiya

I'm on the lookout for someone with enough balls to actually start and finish a campaign. I've tried lan gaming with a friend but he throws hissy fits every time I pound his armies into the dirt, and then complains thereafter because I make the battles too easy and boring for him. As Napoleon might say "le sigh"

I wish to start with what is Napoleons version of a Grand campaign and go by the following rules:

10 minute turn time
    Play as the AI in battles
    Don’t follow AI moves (boring!)
    Unit size set to large (it's what I am used to)

Difficulty, negotiable for the campaign, but definitely needs to be normal for battles on both sides

I’m based in England, so an opponent also based in England would be preferable as I assume this would mean a faster internet connection.

I cannot guarantee game times as I have a family, full time work and other commitments, that’s not to say I can’t do multiple battles throughout a week, I just may be unobtainable. However weekends are preferable as is playing onto 1-2-3 in the morning, fellow insomniacs welcome

I’m on Steam (obviously) so feel free to add me anyway, I can always do drop in battles for people as I’m not just into the campaigning.

Search for: Wnxgerbilbotherer.

Kind regards

Bergil

Default Re: Searching for a fellow campaigner (UK)

Hi Bergil,

I would be up for it. Having similar background(family, full time work and the rest) i think i can be understanding.

I live in london and free for some turn from around 9pm till 12 to 1am in most days. Weekend evenings/nights are preferable for me too.

I am happy with your settings except unit size. If u would consider ultra then i am more than happy to get involved in a full campaign with you.

I prefer to play against eachother and give a hard time on the campaign map and on the field too but be fair and reasonable. Happy to play to the end either way(win or lose).

My steam username is VO101_HWick

Let me know what u think.

HWick

Im up for it.

Add me my user name is fhaggis

Bergil's Avatar Laetus

Hi Hwick, thank you for responding!

It's good to know there is someone out there in a similiar situation! I'm sure I can go to Ultra for units sizes, I'm just a little concerned as to whether or not the graphics card can handle it.

anyway, I'll add you and chat later!

ttfn.

Bergil's Avatar Laetus

I'll add you mate, we shall talk later!

AVD29's Avatar Civis

Im up for a game have a job and family so would have to sort out best times to play.

My user name avd29

I don't have the time at the moment, but at the risk of hijacking the thread...

Was looking for more discussion of MP Campaign game experiences. Are they in this sub-forum but I'm just not seeing them?

Maybe some of you guys could relate how your games are going?

Hi all,

Not much luck finding eachother in steam.

As i am looking for someone with similar qualities as Bergil, i just post my "ad" here:

Europe MPC partner wanted, serious veteran players good on the field and challenging on the campaign map.

I am looking for someone who can handle ultra unit sizes and prepared to play along even in a losing situation. We want to finish the campaign we start.

The rules would be:

-We can agree on turn time. 5 mins maybe enough.

-60 mins max battle time for epic engagements. Most battles last about 30-45 mins

-Play against eachother. Whats the fun in being allied against the AI?

-Setup our armies without spamming certain unit types. Have balanced, hirstorically correct armies to enhance immersion and help to use proper historic tactics.
    Example: having light/rifle infantry heavy setups, having excessive amount of howitzers etc. Keeping some balance is good for everyone and enforces real skill. Using all elite units armies is ok, we have a limit on them and if you prefer to build your Guard army: let it be.

-Have fun and dont take it personally, dont be stressed out, you wouldnt believe howmany players take things far too serious and kill the fun part.

-The aim is to win the campaign, we can achieve this by reaching our goals or total annihilation of our foes. We can discuss how would we want to play.

right, if anyone up for some deeper than casual experience and have some time to commit to, them visit my profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...988557546/home

I am available mostly in the evenings from around 9pm-12am GMT and weekend nights.

Lets get in touch and have a good fight.

Regards,

HWick
    Last edited by HWick; March 20, 2010 at 07:41 AM.

Someone should make a sticky thread "Finding MPC opponent".

I am looking for someone along these lines: Europe, very late night person (midnight to 3AM), rules: NO using spies as assassins (can really ruin a MPC game until they are toned down by patch od mod) or perhaps limited to one attempt per 5 turns or something. Playing till the very end, a winner is entitled to his deserved reward (and a Steam achievement LOL).

Steam profile is Samsonov.