Hi all ... i resume a discussion that we have on an other thread (NER mod : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...85#post6965385) :

I have an idea ... but I don't know if it's possible (now or later) :
General can deploy an HQ (like the artillery do) ... so they can't move but : they deploy fortification position (for defence against artillery and infantry fire / so they can fire like dragoon -just for there own protection) and the size of his area action (or influence) grow !

What you think about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by GTFO. Jamie View Post
not sure about this, surely a general would occasionly move around the battlefield? Their HQ is likely to be located in their camp, which is probably a fair distance from the battlefield
Yes many time they sent some of there officer and he didn't go himself. Many times, the general, during this period, stay on a strategic position behind the front lines ...

It's will be a very good think if general can quit his HQ but ... I think it's less possible than a common HQ/general unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinarius View Post
There is potential to this, though we better open a new thread for it. Imagine a general with versatility, to have more command range in a protected fixed position (like that gun shield) which they could deploy only once per battle, and the ability to mount/dismount depending on need! Then the general would be vulnerable when going around the battlefield, but well protected in defense!

AI could probably never cope with it, though...
So What you think about this ?