Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never trust the allies

Default Never trust the allies

I use denmark and help the allies to restrain France because napoleon and ottoman empire declare war on me. I help the allies so much, helping prussia to regain its captial , elimanating the eastern side french army and liberating small nations to form nature barrier. After I finish all these, russia and prussia suddently declare war on me( austria has only one city).
    Last edited by homchu2003; March 16, 2010 at 12:13 AM.

Default Re: Never trust the allies

Yeah allies and protectorates are pretty useless in Napoleon. Their lack of help, and really the lack of doing much of anything, are the worst thing about this game.
    Reigning king of ETW Multiplayer

Wally's Avatar Semisalis

You need to check the diplomatic on how much points + or - score with Denmark or any other countries if it's under - then you have problems you need the plus + score by doing that is give them your techs, money, gifts and such.

Wally's Avatar Semisalis

Like this Factors Governing relationships.

also Dark green the better on map.

Hmm just notice Turkey turned red I guess I have to give them gifts now.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Wally; March 16, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    How do you have all of those nations have "Kingdom of ______" "Electorate of _____"

Yeah how do you have that?

Wally's Avatar Semisalis

What do you mean?
    most were like that at the start of Europe map.

The ones I Libbed I give them techs and money. gifts.
    Last edited by Wally; March 16, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

This is what mine looks like at the start:

Quote Originally Posted by Jenuensis View Post
    This is what mine looks like at the start:

Same...

He's probably using the AUM mod, or one that requires the Unit Pack Compatibilty (UPC) which contains a another mod called Volodnikov's "Authentic Proper Text faction names". This changes most of the faction name strings.

Quote Originally Posted by andypuk View Post
    He's probably using the AUM mod, or one that requires the Unit Pack Compatibilty (UPC) which contains a another mod called Volodnikov's "Authentic Proper Text faction names". This changes most of the faction name strings.
    Well my game is vanilla. Well at least vanilla when it comes to faction texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    You need to check the diplomatic on how much points + or - score with Denmark or any other countries if it's under - then you have problems you need the plus + score by doing that is give them your techs, money, gifts and such.
    before Russia declared war, our relationship is very friendly and we are allies

Wally's Avatar Semisalis

You have to fix up the Diplomatic with Russia.

Playing as France, Innsbrook was weakly defended by myself. Kingdom of Italy and baden-wurtemburg both sent stacks to the province. My allies helped me defend the territory at least 5 times. Otherwise it would have been steamrolled. Havent played much for the coalition campaigns, but I was happy and surprised by their support.

Boos's Avatar Civis

Me and Prussia conquered the French empire together, they had to fight two front war which they lost. And then I went and stabbed Prussia in the back for Hanover.

I am GB, i liberated Bavaria and it became my protectorate
    Russia declared war on Bavaria, which was an enemy of the french
    i took side for bavaria and were on war with russia
    russia allied up with france
    belgium declared war on me and allied up with russia
    austria and Portugal broke their alliance with me

my only allies: Prussia Sweden and the United Netherlands (which were already destroyed by belgium one time)

asmorrey1's Avatar Tiro

Anyone got any tips on how to initiate battles with your allies? I would love to actually have some battles with The Prussians by my side (playing as GB). I sent an army out to help the Prussians to help them against the french. I was pretty much just left out on a limb. Is there no way to have ally armies gravitate towards your own in an enemy territory or something? would be a dream come true if they requested your presence to a particular province in so many turns

"We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be, detested in France."- Arthur Wellesley 1st Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Febreeze View Post
    Same...
    I have that "Kingdom of X" text in my game, and I play an unmodded vanilla version! Very strange

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Desufer View Post
    Yeah allies and protectorates are pretty useless in Napoleon. Their lack of help, and really the lack of doing much of anything, are the worst thing about this game.
    Hmm, I disagree. Currently I am playing a MP campaign. I am Russia. My opponent is France. My allies (Britain and Austria) did not do much for the first 2 years. But then things changed. Britain started sending high quality stacks to France every 3-6 turns.

I have yet to see a long standing ally betray me too. I have had some minor ones being bribed away by my opponent, but that's expected...

By the way, my observations are based on Hard campaign difficulty. I know that on Very Hard alliances do not stand.

Your protectorates refusing to join your war is pretty ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast