Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW Update: 26.06.10 Update 1.1

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 03.05.10 added Wip Status

Well on the one hand I say: Why didn't you set your Steam into offline mode or disable automatic patching for the game?

But on the other hand who knows what this patch might change. You need to know this because your current work may need to be adapted to work with the patch.

So we and you have to sit through this, wanted or not. I hope you get your modem / connection up and running again soon. Did your provider gave you any date when the signal strenght will get back to normal or when they will finish reparing the destroyed umts transmitter in your region?
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 03.05.10 added Wip Status

@Mech

Könnten wir bitte erfahren wie weit du mit deinem Smoke Mod voran gekommen bist? (:

Mfg

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

english please btw i cant wait to this mod gets released

I WANT IT!!!!

I'm a big fan of your mod for Empire:TW and can't wait for your Napoleon:TW mod to come out!

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

Argh! I can hardly wait for this one to be released the videos looks awesome. I always felt like the gunsmoke in the TW games wasn't "epic" enough ^_^

Ordinarius

Hi,

My developement on this mod must be delayed for some time. I am very depressed with no concentration. My girlfriend has left me and so i find no rest to wor on this. I have to calm down once again. I hope you can understand that. Sorry.

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

Very sorry to hear that, don't worry about it take all the time you need. In the end that's more important than making the game look pretty, and I'm sure everyone here is greatful for all your time and effort

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post
    Hi,

My developement on this mod must be delayed for some time. I am very depressed with no concentration. My girlfriend has left me and so i find no rest to wor on this. I have to calm down once again. I hope you can understand that. Sorry.
    Oh my god, I'm terrible sorry for you. I just hope it has nothing to do with modding, I would feel a little guilty. It was the community (which I'm part of) who begged you to make another smoke mod for NTW after all.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

I'm sorry for you. Cheer up, life goes on.
    My girlfriend is as tolerant and know that I need time on the pc for me.

My girlfriend has left me and so i find no rest to wor on this. I have to calm down once again. I hope you can understand that. Sorry.
    http://www.pickupforum.de/index.php?showforum=146

Only little changes in your life makes great changes in relationship...
    Last edited by Germane; May 17, 2010 at 09:57 AM.

Ordinarius

Hello and tu all,

Quote Originally Posted by AnimaMea View Post
    Very sorry to hear that, don't worry about it take all the time you need. In the end that's more important than making the game look pretty, and I'm sure everyone here is greatful for all your time and effort
    In time, i will finish the mod. But for now i have to calm down and find rest.

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Oh my god, I'm terrible sorry for you. I just hope it has nothing to do with modding, I would feel a little guilty. It was the community (which I'm part of) who begged you to make another smoke mod for NTW after all.
    No, it's not the modding. There are a few, small things i've made wrong. And now - she's gone.
    I could cry endlessly, but things won't change. I hope she comes back again.

Quote Originally Posted by M@GIC View Post
    I'm sorry for you. Cheer up, life goes on.
    My girlfriend is as tolerant and know that I need time on the pc for me.
    It wasn't the pc only. Other trifles, less and less phone calls with her, because of her examination preparations, made her decision easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Germane View Post
    http://www.pickupforum.de/index.php?showforum=146

Only little changes in your life makes great changes in relationship...
    Thanks you! I read some boards about girlfriend losses. Everywhere it is said: contact block. It'll be hard, but it's the only way for me to find my rest.

Edit: My internet connection is working correctly now. So i uploaded the mortar smoke effects WIP.

Last edited by Mech_Donald; May 19, 2010 at 09:25 AM.

Sorry to hear that mate, happens to the best of us regretfully, things in life go up and down but it still goes on. Just remember that it's short and don't waste your time on things you can't change.

Thanks for the Mortar vid, the effects look very polished. Maybe a quick write up on "how" you do all this, what is involved for you in doing this mod? What tools do you use, what skills do you need?

I have no time nor interest to mod myself but would love to hear about the process as I'm sure others would as well.

Cheers
    www.theoldergamers.com
    For Gamers over 25

Please, do not leave us alone ...

I know this is weird hearing encouragement from a bunch of people that you've never met before but I honestly hope that you'll find the one who's meant for you. Remember, 'there's always other fish in the sea'.

Brutalsubtlety's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW

Your work is of such a high measure I can't imagine why CA doesn't simply contact you directly and ask for you help. The BSM takes you into a simulated battle and out of a toy soldier's sand box. (Why CA? Why?) Well done sir, well done.

Ordinarius

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW

Hello, live goes on and my modification work, too. I prepare to move into another flat now (means after 3 month of period of notice). Meantime i will continue the work on my mod.
    How do you find the trails on quicklime shots? I would remove this, because i don't think it's historical accurate.
    To the matter with CA: CA did a great job. The particle engine is really fabulous and gives you very many opportunities to create nice effects. The only thing i miss is a particle editor, so i don't have to restart the game/battle again and again just to see the changes i made. It costs a lot of time.
    kind regards

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

this mod and a sound mod works great together but the sounds mod yet aren't that good i hope they make some better

A 1500-1680 Total War FTW!!!

Ordinarius

Hello,

Today i finished the carcass fire effect. It is reworked and adapted to work flawlessly with Nap:TW. I can't upload a video yet, because my 10 GB traffic volume has been exceeded. But a small video will be uploaded next month.

Here are some screenshots showing the effect:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post
    Hi,

Hey mate, sorry to hear your bird has left ya!!
    But hey theres plenty more fish in the sea as the saying goes!!