Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW Update: 26.06.10 Update 1.1

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 21.03.10 howitzer different shell explosions WIP-video added

softer thinner is my vote...I'm giddy waiting for this!

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 21.03.10 howitzer different shell explosions WIP-video added

2. soft, thin and less sharp animation

Great work! My only concern would be the over sized fireball in the ground explosions... There should only be a small explosion at the bottom, the rest should be smok and earth (wich looks great!)

Keep it up.

Rep!

LochKopf's Avatar Libertus

Hey Mech,

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Ich finde es besser durch die neuen Grafikeffekte, Diplomatie Möglichkeiten und generelle Veränderungen ABER ich finds schade das die jetzt nur noch so wenige Frationen haben. Dazu kommt noch das nur Frankreich und die Briten schöne Einheiten haben. Den anderen haben die mal schnell paar Uniformen gebastelt und fertig. Da hätte ich mir mehr Einheiten vielfalt gewünscht (z.B. Preussen)

Wenn deine MOD + besseren bluttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt (Nahkampf? blutige Leichen?) kommt wird es noch besser PS: hast du mal die Soundmod von mir probiert ?

How's the progress on this mod?
    Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion

Download is disponible ?
    Last edited by 007Jua007; March 30, 2010 at 08:59 PM.

intrepid's Avatar Civis
    where I live? I don´t really live, I dream.

Really nice work mate!!!

Since I doesn´t own Napoleon, there is a chance that you could revert some of this new effects to Empire?

Ordinarius

Hi!

First i have to say sorry for the long absence. At the moment i have absolutely no time to continue my work on this mod, due my two jobs + holidays here in germany + helping my girlfriend for her examination preparation. I will continue the work on this mod at the end of next week or the week after next. There is still much to do and i hope i can do this in addition to my jobs.

When it's done, i will release two versions. One with the dense smoke and another with the softer, thinner smoke. Thus anyone can decide wich version he want.

Quote Originally Posted by pansarskott View Post
    Great work! My only concern would be the over sized fireball in the ground explosions... There should only be a small explosion at the bottom, the rest should be smok and earth (wich looks great!)

Keep it up.

Rep!
    Thank you!
    The mod is a mixture of realism and "hollywood action". I know the effects looks a little exaggerated, but it's difficult to "downgrade" the existing napoleon effects to a more realistic level without loosing too much of the wow-effect.

Quote Originally Posted by LochKopf View Post
    Hey Mech,

Ich finde es besser durch die neuen Grafikeffekte, Diplomatie Möglichkeiten und generelle Veränderungen ABER ich finds schade das die jetzt nur noch so wenige Frationen haben. Dazu kommt noch das nur Frankreich und die Briten schöne Einheiten haben. Den anderen haben die mal schnell paar Uniformen gebastelt und fertig. Da hätte ich mir mehr Einheiten vielfalt gewünscht (z.B. Preussen)

Wenn deine MOD + besseren bluttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt (Nahkampf? blutige Leichen?) kommt wird es noch besser PS: hast du mal die Soundmod von mir probiert ?

Tja, Napoleon ist halt doch "nur" ein Addon. Um so blöder finde ich es, das sämtliche Verbesserungen nicht für Empire verfügbar sind. Damit würde CA Empire nämlich von seinem schlechten Image befreien und wohl auch mehr Absatz mit Nap machen. Aber nein....
    Blut im Nahkampf kann ich auch bei Nap nicht realisieren. Es gibt einfach keine Option dafür. Aber eventuell Blutlachen unter den toten Soldaten. Aber ich muss erst mal die Mod fertig kriegen, was noch genug Zeit fressen wird. Und die habe ich momentan durch meine 2 Jobs + Freundin überhaupt nicht.
    Deine Soundmod habe ich mir nur im Video angeschaut. Die Raketen und Kanonen hören sich sehr gut an. Was mir jedoch nicht gefällt sind die Musketen. Die klingen irgendwie unpassen. Eher wie Waffen aus dem 2. WK.

Quote Originally Posted by Atillium View Post
    How's the progress on this mod?
    At the moment, it is delayed, due the lack of my free time. I hope i can continue the work after the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by 007Jua007 View Post
    Download is disponible ?
    Not yet. The mod is still under construction. But i hold you up to date with WIP-videos.

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
    Really nice work mate!!!

Since I doesn´t own Napoleon, there is a chance that you could revert some of this new effects to Empire?
    Some effects are convertable. But there is no chance to get these fine explosion smoke trails available for empire. It's a new feature of napoleon. I think, it's a pity that none of all improvements are available for Empire.

regards Mech_Donald

I like the airburst animation. the smoke looks very realistic and cool =P.

Just a minor suggestion about the flashes/fireballs. i think you should try and make the animation much shorter for the explosions, they look much bigger than what they actually are. A short "flash" would be more realistic atleast for the airburst.

Again, excellent job, keep it up =P.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Mech - Nice to see ya on this mod, cannot wait to get in NTW for the members!!

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nevick View Post
    I like the airburst animation. the smoke looks very realistic and cool =P.

Just a minor suggestion about the flashes/fireballs. i think you should try and make the animation much shorter for the explosions, they look much bigger than what they actually are. A short "flash" would be more realistic atleast for the airburst.

Again, excellent job, keep it up =P.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I think, you mean the fireball animation. It's worth a try to speed up the animation. The flash and the animation itself are indepented different effects. So i can balance it out together easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Mech - Nice to see ya on this mod, cannot wait to get in NTW for the members!!
    This mod will be not just a conversion. I will remake all effects to look better than before in my BSM. But this takes time - much time. Sorry to say.

Hi Mech

hehe hast dir doch noch Napoleon gekauft
    Freut mich sehr das du wieder mal für uns zeit opferst und einen Smoke Mod bastels
    Die Videos die ich gesehen habe sehen Super aus vor allem die explosionen auf den Boden
    von Kanonen sehen hammer geil aus!!!

Könnte ich erfahren wan ungefähr der Mod fertig sein wird... (neugierig)

Ne kurze frage noch wird der Mod auch bei save Kampanien funktionieren?
    Oder muss man eine Neue Kampanie anfangen?

Mfg
    Last edited by M@GIC; April 03, 2010 at 08:51 AM.

Ordinarius

Hi,

finally found some time to mod. With the new WIP i show you the reworked BSM ship explosions. You'll see my version is not as exagerated as it is on vanilla game. I deleted some effects like the fat, large, white smoke spiderwebs and replaced it with thinner, softer ones. In addition, i throw that red large sparks out and enhanced the fireball and glowing. The explosion flash is still under construction and will dazzle you in the final release.
    I think this should be a good balance between realism and hollywood action.

Watch it here in hd (to see the fine, white smoke trails):

Quote Originally Posted by M@GIC View Post
    Hi Mech

hehe hast dir doch noch Napoleon gekauft
    Freut mich sehr das du wieder mal für uns zeit opferst und einen Smoke Mod bastels
    Die Videos die ich gesehen habe sehen Super aus vor allem die explosionen auf den Boden
    von Kanonen sehen hammer geil aus!!!

Könnte ich erfahren wan ungefähr der Mod fertig sein wird... (neugierig)

Ne kurze frage noch wird der Mod auch bei save Kampanien funktionieren?
    Oder muss man eine Neue Kampanie anfangen?

Mfg
    @ M@gic:

Hi,

Nein ich habe mir Nap nicht gekauft - ist mir derzeit finanziell nicht möglich. Ein glücklicher Umstand machte es jedoch möglich, dass mir der User ChandlerL das Spiel geschenkt hat. Genial, nicht?
    Danke für das Lob! Tja Zeit ist so eine Sache.. Das Basteln an den neuen Effekten kostet immens viel davon. Und wenn man einmal dranhängt kommt man eben so schnell nicht wieder davon los.
    Blöderweise habe ich 2 Jobs 7 Tage/Wo + Freundin. Da bleibt nicht viel Zeit übrig, leider. Die Effekte der bisherigen WIPs sind während meiner Krankschreibung entstanden. Deshalb ging es erstmal sehr gut vorran. Jedoch wird es wohl noch etwas dauern bis zum fertigen Release.

Die Mod wird auf jeden Fall mit Deinen Kampagnen Saves funktionieren. Du musst da nicht extra eine Neue anfangen.

Grüße Mech_Donald

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 04.04.10 ship explosion WIP-video added

The new ship effects are brilliant mate , now when a ship explodes I don't feel like all the powder of England has ignited and exploded, just the (relatively) small ammunition magazine on my ship.

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon:TW [WIP] Update: 04.04.10 ship explosion WIP-video added

Oh, here is where the action is going on. Thought you were leaving us alone in the GSPB, Mech. Good to see the mod progressing. Any ETA for the first version, yet?
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Top job, I have NTW sitting on ice until you release this mod. After using it in ETW I just can't imagine the game without it.
    www.theoldergamers.com
    For Gamers over 25

Hi M. Donald. Love your works, empire and now NTW. Honestly, cannot wait till when you get it released . It feels like an official patch coming out. Hope you will soon get it released, I am betting my riches that 2000+ viewers can not wait to get your mod into their NTW folder. Though life issues come out first. eeeeeeeee

@Mech

Hi

Ach was echt jetzt... hast des Spiel geschenkt bekommen von ihm wow freut mich für dich
    Habe auch Firma gewechselt aber ich arbeite nur 5 x Woche (8std) des reicht mir völlig.
    Den vom Leben will ich auch was haben, zb Napoleon zocken
    Und Freundin habe ich auch so ist es nicht.

Auf jeden fall freue ich mich schon tierisch auf dein Smoke Mod

Halte mich bitte auf dem laufenden...

Gruß

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Looks awesome.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

So is this going anywhere?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk