Thread: The Best Army

Default The Best Army

From what I read on these forums, each of the 'unkillable zombie' generals have the capability to be nine star generals. I was hoping that we could make a complete list of each general's best army. By that I mean what army composition will result in the commander having the most stars. I can't find it anywhere on here and I know some people have had trouble with commanders like Blucher, in finding how to use his abilities best.

Default Re: The Best Army

To get the most stars out of Blucher my stack had 2 cavalry, 2 artillery, and all the rest infantry, if you use any less infantry than that he loses his bonus.

the guy must be brave and earn his stars. in my games, the only time my general earn a star is when he was walking behind the firing lines to inspire his troop. he can not hide behind three lines of troops or behind a hill and be away of the hot spots if he wants his stars. i ain't sure it has anything to do with army composition.
    Men are nothing, One Man is everything.
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Well I've seen blucher at 3 stars because he didn't have the right army. I've read that every historical general has an army best for them, and it will really hurt their stats without a good stack.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Reckoner View Post
    To get the most stars out of Blucher my stack had 2 cavalry, 2 artillery, and all the rest infantry, if you use any less infantry than that he loses his bonus.
    Thats what I'm talking about, any idea about the other generals?

Blucher is the only one I know exactly what you need to get his stars but I know that Marshal Ney of France gets his most stars when leading calvary, though I don't know what exact ratio you need I will test it out in my next game.

Murat as well needs a cav heavy stack...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!