Thread: (AAR) The Rise of the Sycorax (Chapter 3 16/03)

Default (AAR) The Rise of the Sycorax (Chapter 3 16/03)

Hey there guys. First of all, this is a great mod, really let's you imagin anything you can, where else could you battle Aztecz with Samurais?
    Well this is my first AAR, so it will be some flaws, any feedback is always appreciated. And two more things. In this AAR I decided to creat my own History, so it's not lore correct, probably the ferences to religions and gods are wrong, so put this is mind, it's a fiction of a fiction
    Secondly, English is not my main language, so probably it will be so mistakes, if you find any, tell me and I will correct.
    Hope you like!
    THE SYCORAX
    The Legend of the Three Skulls

Chapter 1: The Rise of Sycorax

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

222, it's a special number for us, the people of Sycorax. The anciente prophecys says that '' When the two becomes three, our numbers will grown, and our power will be know''.
    So the time has came, our people suffered great injuries in the rage of Mother Thera, probably because our once great nation became too distant from our old beliefs and traditions. But we survived, at the cost of fire, and thunder, we became stronger than we ever was, and that shall be put to test in the next conflicts.

Even after this 222 years, we still are limited to minor settlements, as the rage still exists, the earthquakes, and harsh winters still torment us, but our great chief Mojag lead us trough all this problems. Mojag then calls for an public anouncement, runners from all the nations come to listen, and then spread the news:

''Great people of Sycorax! The oracles have spoken, the time has come! Our ancestors in these two centuries tried their best to bring back our ancient glory, but Mother Earth was still angry, and our people suffered great losses. But today it seems that our Spirits have been forgiving! The earth shakes no more, the skyes no longer black and the fire have been calmed! This is the moment, to apologize to our Greater Spirits for our old mistakes. And the apologize must be conquered, our former towns and temples are now replaced by little villes. Those villagers refused to join our great nations, but now our teachings and religions should be spread!
    Runners from all the great Sycorax Nation! Run as fast as you spirit resists, tell the other chieftans: Prepare for the New Age, the Age of the Sycorax!''

Exactly 2 years after this event, chief Mojag, assemble an army and prepare to march south
    In the north settlements, his son and nephews still young in age, but honorables warriors, lead the people from the north. As a signal of new times, our Warriors received titles.

Yahto of the Chiricahua, received the Shaman of Onatha title .Since his chieldhood, Yahto is been prepared to become one of the most important shamans for our Nation. He will be a great leader in our towns.

Kio the Navajo, the best fighter for our people received the First Brave of the Warbands, a honorable title, given only to the mighty ones.

Satanta of Syrocax, son of Mojag, received the title Shaman of the Chepi. Following a different path from his faths, who became a great warrior, Satanta decided to study the spirits and try in all possible ways to assist his father.

In the third year since the Great Announcement (this date became legendary, as people all over our cities rejoiced, and it's said that even in the North, the snow stopped for one day, so people could celebrate the reunion with Mother Thera) our runners became to explore the continent, for vestiges of old towns, relics and people. Six months later we received words of some strange movements in the south. Our runners couldn't explain, as they saw that strange folk walking in heavy cloths, clearly not being in touch with the spirits of Thera. Our Shamans decided to send the daughter of Mojag, the most beautiful women from our lands, and a great speaker, to know this people, and maybe teach then the way of the Spirit.

Chapter 2: The Menace from the North

In the North,Kio the Navajo reported an small army, mostly of nomadic people of the Northern land, maybe running from the harsh winter. The Sycorax are know for their generosity, so tried to communicate with this group. But one week later, our speaker came back with all his teeth broken, and his hair shaved, holding in his hand words from the north band '' The Katari people demand the immediat surrender of the city of Apach Etá, or your people will suffer the wrath of the Snow People''.

Exploding in anger, Kio called forth the army, and marched north to encounter this barbaric band. They were lead by Lansa, an inexperienced leader, with the only abbility to give threats. The battle took place in the snow, with our army fresh and ready to battle, against and exausted and desperate army of Katari. Kio thought to himself that it would be an easy battle, but then he faced something our people never seen before.

The Katari were riding Mammucs, not only for transport, but for war. Our great warrior at first was confused to see this beasts tamed, and for a moment considered the possibilty of losing this battle. But after some inner thoughts, Kio remembered his teachings in the early years, when he went to hunt with his father, a Mammuc.

Kickly he ordered: ''My people! Prepare for battle!''. He knew that his still fresh recruited troops would be terrified to fight these beasts so him, his bodyguards, and a veteran attachment directly confronted the beasts. The battle lasted 30 minutes, as the beasts at first seemed as a problem, but afraid of the screams and sounds, began to run away. The enemy still had 2 units with Rifle, which was very strange since that technlogy was exclusively from our people. But they were no match to our warriors, and quickly felt to the spears and arrows of our warriors.

We managed to capture Landa, and after some interrogations about the Mammucs and the Rifles, he said something disturbing: ''In the north something as pale as death and bright as the sun rules over the land, and the snow bends to their will''. Kio then fearing this new menace, and still in rage against Landa's treats, killed him with his knife, only to find in his belongings notes. These notes contained ways to tame, hunt and create Mammucs. Something like these would probe usefull in the future actions of the Sycorax.

Moving more to the North, in a valley between two mountains, he saw, in the heavy snow a city. To his surprise it was the Guá Chichi, the ancient Capital of the Sycorax, that even after 222, still was there imponent in the valley.

But Kio would soon find out that the people that live there, are not the same as the ones of two centuries before.

Continue...

Chapter 3: Expansion

''Move south to meet your destiny''. With that advice from Yahto, the High Shaman, our great leader unite the best leaders from our people in the south, and march to secure new lands. After 1 month, going through the snow path that still exists in the south, we came across a settlement.

Hu Ancá was it's name, and we came to know that the city was under the control of an Outcasted Aztec Warrior. His name was Manipi, and apparently he made something really bad to be exilated. Running away from his trial, he found the lightly armed settlement of Hu Ancá, and made himself the ''Supremme Chief of Ancá''. Our people became slaves, and sacrifices were made in the name of this tyrant.

As we approach the city, we sent speakers to demand the surrender of the village, by the rights of the Sycorax people to be free. Again we payed the price of our diplomay and dialogue, the speakers were killed and their heads throw outside the walls.

Mojag, as cold as he could be, then made the sentence ''Manipi, as great leader of the Sycorax, I will not rest until, you pay for your crimes against my people! The earth will drink your blood, and eat your bones, and Mother Thera will be pleased to see one of it's devil-sons fall''.

And with one movement, all the Sycorax army got ready to battle, our rams would be handled by our Spears, while our young archers fire to keep the enemy at bay.

At the rear our great shamans keep the moral of our warriors high, singing for Mother Thera and all spirits.

When the ram breaked the gates, our warriors like a wave, crashed against the poor warriors of Manipi.
    Soon the enemy began to retreat to the town center, there Manipi would find his death.

As the battles raged on, and our warriors kept on slaying Aztecs scum, Manipi and his Jaguar Guard came to fight. It was indeed a horrific scene, as our men, tired from breaking the gate and fighting normal soldiers, came agaisnt a fresh band of Jaguarman. Needless to say, the tide became to turn, with Manipi slaying many of our people. Runners were sent to the great Mojag, to tell that Manipi itself was fighting. Fast as lightning he ran to the town center, only to see a bloody stage of fight. He couldn't go near Manipi as the Aztecs were still holding most of the town center.

Then Mojag spoke loud as a thunder ''GIVE THEM THE FIRE OF THERA!'', and the 40 Bodaways hired, gave hell to the Jaguarmans. Their primitive ''grenade'' proved to be a terrifying weapon, as even the mighty jaguar began to tremble, as many of their fell to the flames.

And with one distraction, Manipi looked behind to see the flames grow near him, but didn't see the Spear that went directly into his heart, killing the Great Jaguar.

After his death, the rest of the army layed down their arms, and again became exiles,but this time they would have to face their own people to the west.

As the town were secure, a runner came to our great chief:

''Great Leader Mojag of the Sycorax, I bring words from Yahto. The High Shaman tells that in his visions, he saw the way to bring our people to glory''
    ''Did he tell anything about it's vision?''
    ''He only said: The Skulls are the key''

Continue...

Last edited by TheFirstONeill; March 16, 2010 at 04:17 PM.

Default Re: (AAR) The Rise of the Sycorax

Nice start! And good to see that the indigenous factions finally get some love, too!
    They probably wouldn't send a "diplomat", rather a speaker or wise man, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Nice start! And good to see that the indigenous factions finally get some love, too!
    They probably wouldn't send a "diplomat", rather a speaker or wise man, don't you think?
    Ohh thanks! I really was searching for the right term! Thanks a lot

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post

Wiseman is term used in game

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Hello, first of all great start to your AAR. As the mighty toluas said its nice to see the indigenous factions getting a go. A couple of things, I would change it from 'Mother Earth' to maybe 'The spirits of Thera' or 'Mother Thera' I'll give an example - but Mother Earth was still angry, and our people suffered great losses - maybe try something like - but the spirits of Thera were still angry, and our people suffered great losses - anyway great story so far and rep.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Indeed, Carcaju, if you heed Boris' wise words, you'll never go wrong!
    And yes, forgot about the rep...

Quote Originally Posted by Borissomeone View Post
    Hello, first of all great start to your AAR. As the mighty toluas said its nice to see the indigenous factions getting a go. A couple of things, I would change it from 'Mother Earth' to maybe 'The spirits of Thera' or 'Mother Thera' I'll give an example - but Mother Earth was still angry, and our people suffered great losses - maybe try something like - but the spirits of Thera were still angry, and our people suffered great losses - anyway great story so far and rep.
    Thanks Boris! Gonna change now! Mother Thera, I liked it
    Thanks!

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

pretty good, looking forward to more of it

Chapter 3: Expansion

''Move south to meet your destiny''. With that advice from Yahto, the High Shaman, our great leader unite the best leaders from our people in the south, and march to secure new lands. After 1 month, going through the snow path that still exists in the south, we came across a settlement.

Hu Ancá was it's name, and we came to know that the city was under the control of an Outcasted Aztec Warrior. His name was Manipi, and apparently he made something really bad to be exilated. Running away from his trial, he found the lightly armed settlement of Hu Ancá, and made himself the ''Supremme Chief of Ancá''. Our people became slaves, and sacrifices were made in the name of this tyrant.

As we approach the city, we sent speakers to demand the surrender of the village, by the rights of the Sycorax people to be free. Again we payed the price of our diplomay and dialogue, the speakers were killed and their heads throw outside the walls.

Mojag, as cold as he could be, then made the sentence ''Manipi, as great leader of the Sycorax, I will not rest until, you pay for your crimes against my people! The earth will drink your blood, and eat your bones, and Mother Thera will be pleased to see one of it's devil-sons fall''.

And with one movement, all the Sycorax army got ready to battle, our rams would be handled by our Spears, while our young archers fire to keep the enemy at bay.

At the rear our great shamans keep the moral of our warriors high, singing for Mother Thera and all spirits.

When the ram breaked the gates, our warriors like a wave, crashed against the poor warriors of Manipi.
    Soon the enemy began to retreat to the town center, there Manipi would find his death.

As the battles raged on, and our warriors kept on slaying Aztecs scum, Manipi and his Jaguar Guard came to fight. It was indeed a horrific scene, as our men, tired from breaking the gate and fighting normal soldiers, came agaisnt a fresh band of Jaguarman. Needless to say, the tide became to turn, with Manipi slaying many of our people. Runners were sent to the great Mojag, to tell that Manipi itself was fighting. Fast as lightning he ran to the town center, only to see a bloody stage of fight. He couldn't go near Manipi as the Aztecs were still holding most of the town center.

Then Mojag spoke loud as a thunder ''GIVE THEM THE FIRE OF THERA!'', and the 40 Bodaways hired, gave hell to the Jaguarmans. Their primitive ''grenade'' proved to be a terrifying weapon, as even the mighty jaguar began to tremble, as many of their fell to the flames.

And with one distraction, Manipi looked behind to see the flames grow near him, but didn't see the Spear that went directly into his heart, killing the Great Jaguar.

After his death, the rest of the army layed down their arms, and again became exiles,but this time they would have to face their own people to the west.

As the town were secure, a runner came to our great chief:

''Great Leader Mojag of the Sycorax, I bring words from Yahto. The High Shaman tells that in his visions, he saw the way to bring our people to glory''
    ''Did he tell anything about it's vision?''
    ''He only said: The Skulls are the key''

Continue...

Default Re: (AAR) The Rise of the Sycorax (Chapter 3 16/03)

I have added your latest installment into the original post

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    I have added your latest installment into the original post
    Oh thank you!
    If you prefer this way, I will only update the first post, maybe it won't look like flooding

I will leave that to you mate, Its just nice for people to be able to read it all in one post (I think), but like I say , it is your story so post as you wish

Very well done! Hope for further installments.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

keep it up