Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: suggestions

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default suggestions

I would suggest you impiment the Romano-Moor Kingdom into this mod, along with the two hun kanghates above the black sea. Also the avars and slavs/bulgars should be more prominent.
    Also, the Romans in Illyria should be implimented.
    Thanks

Default Re: suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Magistri Militum FlaviusAetius View Post
    I would suggest you impiment the Romano-Moor Kingdom into this mod, along with the two hun kanghates above the black sea. Also the avars and slavs/bulgars should be more prominent.
    Also, the Romans in Illyria should be implimented.
    Thanks
    Thank you Aetius

This is a project that we will be focusing on in the near future, after IB2 Britanniae has it first release..all suggestions are recommended and soon we will discuss them

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Okay rio

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Here's a map
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 24, 2010 at 12:22 PM.

Yes Like their maps.. very good visuals Thanks Aetius

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'll help with this mod. I have some good unit, building, and other Ideas
    I'll start on IBII flagellum Dei right after the release of TERROR BARBARORUM, along with this mod.
    A provincial style campaign would be best, covering the ERE, excluding Britan, and has spain, italy, and the mauretainias, along with gaul and africa. most of germania should be cut out, but the everything under the danube and rhine will be visible.
    start it in jan., 476, with this map

this is what the game map should look like
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 24, 2010 at 12:22 PM.

I'll help with this mod. I have some good unit, building, and other Ideas
    I'll start on IBII flagellum Dei right after the release of TERROR BARBARORUM, along with this mod.
    A provincial style campaign would be best, covering the ERE, excluding Britan, and has spain, italy, and the mauretainias, along with gaul and africa. most of germania should be cut out, but the everything under the danube and rhine will be visible.
    start it in jan., 476, with this map

this is what the game map should look like
    Thank you for your suggestions Aetius. on another note you need to focus and show some progress on your sub mod before making any proclamations of any assistance to ib2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I know, I'll have some stuff out within a few months

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

(Ţiudareiks Gothic ),Flāvius Theodericus,Θευδέριχος I will assume is going to play a big part in this mod ,During his life time he basically becomes DE facto ruler over all Goths in the West ,Viceroy of the Roman Empire and last but not least King of Italy .A very impressive man indeed ! oh and of course the man that despatched Odoacer.Incidentally what is that map of ?

Signature made by Joar

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Aetius you dont suggest the West (red) actually being one unit ? It is split in the parts of the Regnum of Odoacer, the Domain of Soissons and (not on the wikipedia map) the dalmatian regnum of julius nepos (until 480) . I wouldnt consider the Romano-Mauri a state of this "quality" They were a rather lose confederation of some remaining roman colonies and some local berber tribes. Admittedly interesting but no formal state like the above mentioned.

Hre try these maps instead Aetius, gives you better idea of the fractured state of affairs

Signature made by Joar

Thanks for the suggestions guys...It will certainly be a complex with Odoacer at the Roman helm. We will probably start directing some attention this way in a few months..

Well glad to here it ,your a busy man Rio .So best of luck .......got the impression Aetius was doing this one too !...They wont let me give you any more Rep Rio

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    Well glad to here it ,your a busy man Rio .So best of luck .......got the impression Aetius was doing this one too !...They wont let me give you any more Rep Rio
    Nope hes not ..this is an IB2 Project, Aetius got his work cut out for him in IB1 on his mod
    Thanks.. thats ok with the rep

I'm trying real hard not to lok ahead to this mod but I'm going to enjoy working on it with the team

Yes I bet you will ,its a great area of history and one that I love to read about

Signature made by Joar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I will help try and help out with this in the future, after UR is finished, also, the DoS and West Roman Empire were almost united, the DoS was still loyal to the emperor, and the ERE supported Sygragagrius and Nepos as they both were planning to put the empire back together. Also, the three mauretanias claimed loyalty to the roman empire until ~533, when they were conquered by the east. The Three mauretanias also maintained themselves from the diocesial administration down, and still collected taxes and maintained a small army.

There had only ever been one Roman empire according to Roman law ,whether there be Two,three or four Avgvstvs .Zeno had no intention of putting Nepos on the throne ,he mearly asked Odvocar ,when he received letter from Nepos asking for support to reinstae him ,if he Odvocar would take back Zeno as Avgvstvs in west ,after that he was quietly swept under the carpet .Odocar then ruled on the Emperors behalf in Italy .

Signature made by Joar

I will help try and help out with this in the future, after UR is finished, also, the DoS and West Roman Empire were almost united, the DoS was still loyal to the emperor, and the ERE supported Sygragagrius and Nepos as they both were planning to put the empire back together.
    That sounds highly unlikely considering Syagrius merely usurped the position of Magister Militum per Gallias, which had officially been given to the Burgundian king by the Emperor since Gondioc (reaffirmed by Julius Nepos in 475). That is, if he did use this title of his father at all. However the Rex Romanorum title as well as the Patricius title, which he was attributed by Gregor of Tours, were totally illegal anyway.
    Actually it has been argued that Clovis eliminating Syagrius was an act of loyalty towards the Emperor (Wirth 1967 e.g.), no doubt Clovis did receive imperial recognition unlike Syagrius.
    Things are not the easy Roman vs Barbarian frontlines of old days anymore, let’s not fall into such thinking. Funny enough, the Franks had temporarily accepted Aegidius, father of Syagrius, as their king if we are to trust Gregor (Historiarum 2,12).

Anyway, as C said before, Zeno downright declined any action against Odoacer when asked by the Romans in Gaul. However even for this request we just have a little one-liner in Photius' abstracts, and moreover it requires some interpretation making the mentioned ‘Gauls’ (Galaton in the text) Romans in Gaul.
    The political reality of Aegidius and his Successor(s) (debatable whether Paulus was really a successor) is that of a break-away part of the Empire going separate ways, occasionally paying lip service.

In short… The ‘Domain of Soisson’ should be a faction of its own with no ties whatsoever to the ERE, maybe good relations to Nepos. Maybe!

Another thing to consider is the fractured nature of the Franks, at least the super groups of the Salian Franks (Salii) and Ripurian Franks (Ripurii) must be represented. A Frankish kingdom was united later, but splintered soon again thanks to rules of inheritance and successions.
    Last edited by FliegerAD; April 04, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
    Ρέζου λογίου πελάτης (Client of the eloquent Rez)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Now let me enlighten you all on the DoS. In the 440s Aetius appointed Aedigius as the head of the Lugdenesian and amorican and one or two other provinces, which makes up the map shown below of soissons. In 457 Majoran appointed him Magistri Militum per Gallias. Majoran died, and Aedigius id not support the new emperor, and became independent. Also, the Burgundians were slaughtered by Aetius and Attila, and the tribe did not re-emerge until the 470s. They probably had good relations with the rump states, and they had good relations with the people of Brittany.

I am sorry, but this enlightening is a bit flawed. I don’t want to offend you, and I assure my lasting respect for everyone genuinely interested in the period, but I need to be straight here.

Whatever the situation of Aegidius was before the ascension of Libius Severus is rather irrelevant for this mod, and I must add the sources (read: ancient texts on which we base our knowledge) are sparse and inconsistent. Thus it does not really make sense engaging in such discussion.
    With his refusal to accept the new Emperor Severus, and his inability of removing him, Aegidius rule in fact became a rogue regime, as simple as that. In this context his claim on Frankish kingship makes sense, as he was searching for legitimacy. Syagrius then stood alone; Zeno supported the Clovis and his Franks, and Odoaker and his army. (sources in my previous post).

The Burgundians were neither annihilated in 436 by Aetius and Attila, but re-settled by them after the destructions of Worms (which is more legendary than affirmed by sources), nor were they only reemerging in the 70s.
    Again: Gondioc was appointed Magister Militum by at last 463, when a Episcopal letter refers to him as such (Epistolae Arelatenses Genuinae, in: Monumenta Germaniae Historica EE 3). I hope the link works.

To quote Ian Wood (if don’t know him, you better don’t talk about this period at all): “Gundioc and his relatives were very much acting as legitimist Roman figures” (The Emergence of states – the kingdom of the Gibichungs, in: Regna and Gentes, ed. by W. Pohl, p.252). This actually included warring against the usurper Syagrius, btw.

To stay on the Burgundians, what happened after 474 is difficult to reconstruct. Unfortunatly it is the period most interesting to this mod. There is no clear succession of kings, and for a time the Burgundians were not acting as Roman deputies anymore in the wake of Euric the Vivigoth doing just the same. However Gundobad later was concerned about Roman titles again, since he was donned with the Patricius-title as was his son. I’d say we can safely assume this realignment happened about the same time Euric again accepted the Roman Emperor, this time Julius Nepos, as his superior.
    Ρέζου λογίου πελάτης (Client of the eloquent Rez)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast