Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Guide]Stainless Steel 6.X Install

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.X Install Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Peteriscoolz View Post
    Um...You Didn't Include the 1.5 Kingdoms Patch..Can You Tell Me Where To Download That Or Do You Not Need 1.5 To Play 6.2?
    You need 1.4 but 1.5 works just as well. By a strange coincidence the Kingdoms 1.5 topic is on the frontpage with a link but I'll repost it here anyways

http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=do...loaditemid=215

hi all, when i try to play the game it always crashes. can someone please tell me to the smallest details how to install 6.2 RR/RC? I screw it up but i dont know how.
    WhiteYou value law, order, community and light. You love to protect the social order and the rule of law. At your best, you are just and protective. At your worst, you are authoritarian and dogmatic. Your symbol is a sunburst. Your enemies are black and red.

Quote Originally Posted by amadee View Post
    hi all, when i try to play the game it always crashes. can someone please tell me to the smallest details how to install 6.2 RR/RC? I screw it up but i dont know how.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbroadbent View Post
    RR/RC Compilation (October 30th): Continue here for further instructions and support

Hey guys,

bit of confusion... What's the difference between 6.2 RC4 and 6.2 RR/RC? =S I'm wanting to play with BGR IV, with right to knight, supplies etc...

6.2 Release Candidate 4 is included in 6.2 Real Recruitment / Real Combat. You wanting to play with BGR IV makes you wanting to install 6.2 RR/RC.

Cheers Bane.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

sbroadbent & bane_tw....

Again thank both of you ever so much for helping those of us who are computer/computer software challenged. it means more to us
    than you'all will ever know...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Sorry for this dumb question im new to this game: I downloaded the patch 6.2 developed by Gracul....Full 6.0->6.2 installer(6.1+6.2+6.2mini patch)(Full up to date installer for SS 6.0) do i have RR/RC? Im asking because the download directions said u need a clean SS6.1 (no RR clicked) so im kinda confused. If i am missing RR/RC........ which link is for me then?

GoldenJunior07 I really love how you basicly just restated the question from the original topic without reading the first post here to the end... leaving aside that you state elsewhere that you now want 6.1 installed and don't care for 6.2 RR/RC anymore. And that you already posted in the RR/RC release topic that has the link & description for the installation. And that I answered part of the question you repeated here 3 posts above you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    6.2 Release Candidate 4 is included in 6.2 Real Recruitment / Real Combat. You wanting to play with BGR IV makes you wanting to install 6.2 RR/RC.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits and I install Medieval II to the folder that I created (D:\Games\Medieval II). The OS has installed in drive C.
    When I install the SS 6.x mods and patchs. User Account Control asked me allow this program to make changes to my Computer ? I clicked "Yes". So must I need to deactivate UAC before installing SS 6.x mods ?
    Last edited by assassin14; May 17, 2010 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by assassin14 View Post
    My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits and I install Medieval II to the folder that I created (D:\Games\Medieval II). The OS has installed in drive C.
    When I install the SS 6.x mods and patchs. User Account Control asked me allow this program to make changes to my Computer ? I clicked "Yes". So must I need to deactivate UAC before installing SS 6.x mods ?
    Yes.

Thank you, and after installing this mod, can I turn on UAC?

Quote Originally Posted by assassin14 View Post
    Thank you, and after installing this mod, can I turn on UAC?
    Yes

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

I just want to thank you, sbroadbent, it was here i finally found out i needed to turn of UAC to install SS succesfully on windows 7 and your guide will be a great help to many others, +rep

Cheers,
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

To get SS 6.2 do i just download 6.0 part 1 & 2 then go straight to 6.2?

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Tombcfc View Post
    To get SS 6.2 do i just download 6.0 part 1 & 2 then go straight to 6.2?
    Here ya go... instal parts one then two then SS 6.2 I believe...

Stainless Steel 6.2 RC4You will Need: 6.0 Part 1, 6.0 Part 2, 6.2 All Versions Installer

SS 6.0 Part 1: Gamershell, Games.on.net, MegaUpload, Multi-Upload
    SS 6.0 Part 2: Gamershell, Games.on.net, MegaUpload, Multi-Upload
    SS 6.2 All Version Installer: MegaUpload, Rapidshare
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Mr. Tornado's Avatar Semisalis

Why is this basic and easy to follow guide not stickied?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tornado View Post
    Why is this basic and easy to follow guide not stickied?
    Because its linked in WELCOME TO STAINLESS STEEL: GENERAL INFORMATION GUIDE.
    Of course we can sticky everything relevant and then wait for the "Where should I start? There are so many stickied posts". Your not wrong. But then we are already at 16 stickied topics here some of which still get asked after...

Icon7 Re: Stainless Steel 6.X Install Guide

Do I need stainless steel 6.1 to play stainless steel 6.2?

Have you read the first post with the installation instructions?