Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Guide]Stainless Steel 6.X Install

TaronQuinn's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.X Install Guide

Quick question: After you install with the UAC off, should/can you turn it back on? Or just leave it off entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by TaronQuinn View Post
    Quick question: After you install with the UAC off, should/can you turn it back on? Or just leave it off entirely?
    you can turn it back on

Hey guys,

Yesterday I download this Stainless Steel mod and installed it. Everything seems to cool.

When i start SS everything is good but for a minute of 2... Then it terminate's the program and closes SS without giving any error...

U guys know what it could be? it is SS 6.0.

I've turned off UAC but it gives no result...

Quote Originally Posted by AZN View Post
    When i start SS everything is good but for a minute of 2... Then it terminate's the program and closes SS without giving any error...
    Whats the last thing you're doing before it crashes?
    U guys know what it could be? it is SS 6.0.
    I recommend patching to 6.2

I am trying to choose what faction to play

I am trying to choose what faction to play
    This happens sometimes. One of the most reported bugs and there is nothing to be done. It cannot be fixed.
    The more factions you click on after another the higher the chance it crashes.
    Just patch to 6.2, click on the (one) faction you want to play and start. It will play fine. (Even with 6.0 but your really should upgrade)

Here's a really helpful guide for SS and Steam you could add to the install guide(it includes a contribution from me =P)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=329561

Kind Regards
    Will
    Last edited by NoMercy88; March 17, 2010 at 12:11 PM.
    Fancy Sigs are pointless.
    Also I use that Avatar on every forums, cba to get a different one.
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Very informatively laid out. Just one line I noticed may cause confusion:

"Important: If you want to use the Real Recruitment (BYG mod) included in the 6.1 patch / if you installed BGRIII using the Stainless Steel 6.1 installer be sure to apply the fix before starting a new campaign. Go here and read the troubleshooter. If you do not and come here to complain about problems, see above about Monkey Love."

Real Recruitment is not BYG mod. Byg's mod is BGR (Byg's Grim Reality) This would be better wording:

"Important: If you installed BGRIII using the Stainless Steel 6.1 installer be sure to apply the fix before starting a new campaign. Go here and read the troubleshooter. If you do not and come here to complain about problems, see above about Monkey Love."

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Quote Originally Posted by NoMercy88 View Post
    Here's a really helpful guide for SS and Steam you could add to the install guide(it includes a contribution from me =P)

Kind Regards
    Will
    Was there a link in there somewhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Very informatively laid out. Just one line I noticed may cause confusion:

"Important: If you want to use the Real Recruitment (BYG mod) included in the 6.1 patch / if you installed BGRIII using the Stainless Steel 6.1 installer be sure to apply the fix before starting a new campaign. Go here and read the troubleshooter. If you do not and come here to complain about problems, see above about Monkey Love."

Real Recruitment is not BYG mod. Byg's mod is BGR (Byg's Grim Reality) This would be better wording:

"Important: If you installed BGRIII using the Stainless Steel 6.1 installer be sure to apply the fix before starting a new campaign. Go here and read the troubleshooter. If you do not and come here to complain about problems, see above about Monkey Love."
    Yea, I think I just copy/pasted the line from one other page (the 6.1 release thread?) when I put this together. I just checked, and yea, it's very similar wording, except the bit at the end. Might want to get that changed over there as well.

I think I just copy/pasted the line from one other page (the 6.1 release thread?) when I put this together
    Ups sorry for that. Seems I screwed up the content a bit in copy/pasting. Tunnelvision due to doublechecking the mirror links if you will

For 6.1 I propose this info section as some folks skip it in the installer,
    maybe as "If you want to only patch SS to 6.1 read & follow the information contained in this spoiler:"
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Important information about two sub-mods that have a major impact on gameplay:
    Real Recruitment: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=162997
    Byg's Grim Reality III: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106060

Important: If you installed BGRIII using the Stainless Steel 6.1 installer be sure to apply the fix before starting a new campaign. Go here and read the troubleshooter. If you do not and come here to complain about problems, see above about Monkey Love.

Having this spoilered might help reduce confusing as those directly installing 6.2 won't need it

Heh, sorry for that, in ym excitement I must have forgotten to put the link in the post

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=329561

Gl and HF

Kind Regards
    Will
    Fancy Sigs are pointless.
    Also I use that Avatar on every forums, cba to get a different one.
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

sbroadbent...

Added Stainless Steel 6.X Install Guide to Stainless Steel Standards as the first thing you see when you click on it. They say free advertising never hurts... Again thank you so much from all us computer dumb dumbs out there...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

i know this aint the right topic to post this.... but bug fix topic doesnt seem to be the right topic to post this either... so..... i used to play 6.2 RR/RC, it would minimize during campaign and i thought to myself its just normal cause it happened to me before and i didnt mind but it would sometimes minmize and wouldnt let me back into the game and the comp would freeze, and this would keep happening to me every two or three turns. so i just couldnt take it anymore so i erased all my mtw2 files and kingdoms files and downloaded mtw2 from the start, then i dled everything in order from ur post which i greatly appreciate, i dl'ed 6.0 part 1 & 2, extracted it to my mtw2 file, then i dled 6.1 patch and extracted it also to my mtw2 file. i didnt dl 6.2 RR/RC cause i was scared it would happen again so i just played 6.1. everything looked good then when it minized during my first custom battle i was like ..... but it was the one that let me go back to the game. then i played late campaign with roman and in my 3rd turn, it minized again and there it was my mouse clicking but it wasnt going back to game.... is it cause maybe i needed to download ALL kingdom expansions like britannia, crusade, americas, teutonic from the CD? cause i only dl america and crusade which i had the option to choose DLing from the CD. please help me !!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by Juuu View Post
    so i just couldnt take it anymore so i erased all my mtw2 files and kingdoms files and downloaded mtw2 from the start, then i dled everything in order from ur post which i greatly appreciate, i dl'ed 6.0 part 1 & 2, extracted it to my mtw2 file, then i dled 6.1 patch and extracted it also to my mtw2 file. i didnt dl 6.2 RR/RC cause i was scared it would happen again so i just played 6.1.
    Reinstall 6.0 and 6.1 again.
    everything looked good then when it minized during my first custom battle i was like ..... but it was the one that let me go back to the game. then i played late campaign with roman and in my 3rd turn, it minized again and there it was my mouse clicking but it wasnt going back to game.... is it cause maybe i needed to download ALL kingdom expansions like britannia, crusade, americas, teutonic from the CD? cause i only dl america and crusade which i had the option to choose DLing from the CD. please help me !!!!~
    One Kingdoms expansion should be enough. Its more likely that there is something missing in your Stainless Steel installation. See above.

i did many times wut u said. i just deleted whole sega folder and dled everything from CD then, i dled 6.0+6.1 torrent from this post extracted it to my mtw2 folder. clicked to play everything goes smooth till 4th turn it minizes again and freezes it must be file having conflict or something. someone plz help i feel so hopeless i litterally reinstalled everything from beggining 4 times now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Juuu View Post
    i did many times wut u said. i just deleted whole sega folder and dled everything from CD then, i dled 6.0+6.1 torrent from this post extracted it to my mtw2 folder. clicked to play everything goes smooth till 4th turn it minizes again and freezes it must be file having conflict or something. someone plz help i feel so hopeless i litterally reinstalled everything from beggining 4 times now.....
    Sounds like it could be a hardware issue. Does this happen with the original game, or just with SS? Have you tried other mods? Similar or different results?

Since one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result, I doubt reinstalling will make much of a difference.

What are the specs of your computer? Do you recall when you last updated the drivers? Perhaps it's an out of date video driver.

When you've updated all the important drivers (video and chipset at a minimum and perhaps sound drivers), try just installing 6.0 Parts 1 and 2 and seeing how far along a campaign you can play through. If that seems to work fine, install 6.1 and retest. If that works fine, install RR/RC.

Obviously, there is no reason for the game to just minimize, and presuming this hasn't come up with anyone else, I'd put my money that it's possibly a hardware issue.

Icon4 Re: Stainless Steel 6.X Install Guide

it only does it with SS i used to play 6.1 and 6.2 RR/RC when i had my vista since i got the game with no problems ecept few times when my spy go into building it would exit game sometimes but i wouldnt mind cause it didnt do that all the time. but after i reformatted my laptop to window 7 and had to download everything again thats when it started.... i turned UAC off like it told me too

my laptop has : intel core duo and 4gb memory thats all i can find about my spec but im sure its not my hardware... man y is this happening to me

Thank you for posting these tutorials! I have been having a hard time figuring out if I should install 6.1 and then RR/RC and then install the patch or just install 6.2 and then the RR/RC stuff and the guide here has everything outlined for a noob like me to follow!

Sab99's Avatar Tiro

Nice job, wish it was here when I first got into installing mods.

Um...You Didn't Include the 1.5 Kingdoms Patch..Can You Tell Me Where To Download That Or Do You Not Need 1.5 To Play 6.2?