Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: [Guide]Stainless Steel 6.X Install

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Guide]Stainless Steel 6.X Install

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsOmali View Post
    Hey,
    so i turned off uac and downloaded stainless steel the "B" way (the one with like 10 parts) and ran the helper program, but when i try to install i get this message:
    "Please insert disc 1 and click OK
    If the files on this disk can be found in a folder other than the one below, enter the correct path or click browse"

What do I do now? How do I solve this?
    again...sry forget about this section my bad.
    Put all the parts that you downloaded together in one folder, and when you put them together using the helper program it should make 5 .bin files. Put those .bin files and the ss6.3.exe file together in one folder and click the .exe.

disk one=6.3-1.bin
    disk two= 6.3-2.bin
    so on so forth.

lokomoko's Avatar Foederatus

This mod looks great but I'm wondering if it's possible to disable the updated graphics you put in? I want everything else in it but my computer is pretty bad and can hardly run medival 2 base.

can someone help me? i downloaded the SS6.3.exe and when i went into downloads to install it, it started asking me to insert disk 1. i opened my disk tray and put disk 1 of M2TW gold edition in and it game me the message "SS6.3-1.bin file could not be located. please insert disk 1 or select another founder" so i selected one of the mods that i dont play anymore, same message. then i tried it on the SS6.3 folder in my mods folder and i got the same message. am i missing something??

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.X Install Guide

hi guys,i am new in this forum and i am trying to instal stainless steal 6.3 then 6.4. First of all questions is: does it work on windows XP sp2? I have m2tw installed then crusaders,updated to 1.5 and when i try to install stainless steal 6.3 operation brakes and message is something like that my configuration is wrong or something like that.Anyone had same problem?
    salute to all

how do i install 6.3 mega upload is down?

I cant find a download that isnt closed down

Hey, i got a question, I download the B (that whit the 10 parts) and ran the helper program, but when i open it doesnt found all the .zip files.
    Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by solidus_bossnake View Post
    Hey, i got a question, I download the B (that whit the 10 parts) and ran the helper program, but when i open it doesnt found all the .zip files.
    Any help?
    Either the files aren't in the same folder or the names of the files where changed on download. Especially internet explorer downloads love to do that. You'd have to check and rename them manually.

I got mozila, and when i download the files i dont have the chance to put in a certain folder, they got to downloads. Maybe there is the problem?

i need the 6.1 patch most links are dead

Icon9 Re: [Guide]Stainless Steel 6.X Install

Hey guys, I've been trying for four hours strait to get this installed. Yes I read the instructions, I bought mtw2 through steam, and also kingdoms. Please help. I am frustrated and totally lost.

Also almost all of the links are dead.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Roman Empire View Post
    Also almost all of the links are dead.
    theres some fresh ones on post 1644 of the ss6.4 release topic
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

-nevermind found it.
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; March 01, 2014 at 05:57 PM.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Any way I can still get 6.2? Do I need to get 6.0 and install all the way up? I kinda want Ireland in my campaign D:

Also, both of the 6.2 RC4 installer links seem to not be working.
    Hyrule: Total War
    Corcoro the Keaton Bomb-smith

Do you need to turn off UAC with Windows 10?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Inamabilis Sciurus Rubrum View Post
    Do you need to turn off UAC with Windows 10?

My understanding is that UAC cannot be fully disabled in WIN10, I would install MTW2 with SS outside of Program Files

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)