View Poll Results: Shall this member pass?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 40.00%
  • No

5 50.00%
  • Abstain

1 10.00%

Thread: [FAILED][Citizen] ultimation (patron: Legio)

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default [FAILED][Citizen] ultimation (patron: Legio)

Client: ultimation
    ultimation
    I want to become a Citizen of TWCenter because I want to have a say in how the site is run. When I log on everyday I immediately open a couple of tabs in my browser. Once of those tabs is the Capitol section so that I may see what is happening. Over the past couple of weeks I have seen quite a few debates that could effect my time on TWCenter, and it made me want to make sure I can represent myself, and the sections I contribute too so that the site may become better.

Although I have only been a member of this community for little under a year, I believe that I have contributed greatly to many areas of these forums. I would consider my main contribution and interest to be the Community RPG forums, and I would like to point out a couple of things that I feel are representative of me here.

Firstly, I have contributed a Guide to Joining a RPG, in which I have aimed to help any newcomers to those subforums to get a sense of community going. Secondly I have devoted quite a lot of time to moderating these games, and I currently hold two local moderator positions in RPGs, as head mod of The Republic of Venice (under Renovations) and junior mod of Vive L'Empire. Finally I am an active participant in many of the RPG's, and I think that this demonstrates one of my qualities.

You see, in these RPG's there are frequently little disputes and arguments over little things, and I believe that I have handled these incidents well. A recent example would be this (specifically posts 2-5). In this situation I kept a cool head and acted maturely against someone who didn't know when to stop and admit defeat.

As well as heavy involvement in the RPG section, I am also a member of the Content Staff, as a writer for the Eagle Standard and the Silver Shield. Although I have only joined the Eagle Standard last month, I can give you an example of my work for the Silver Shield. For edition 7 I wrote 'An Interview with an Editor' which can be found in this thread. In addition to writing I have also expressed interest to the Wiki Staff in helping in that area, and I hope to be helping out soon.

One final area of contribution, and it is quite minor, that I would like to point out is my involvement in the NTW Tech forums. Since it's release I have been helping, where I can, to solve the technical problems of many of the gamers, and through this I believe I have demonstrated maturity and understanding. I have also written a short guide which should not be compared to the magnificent works of Mr MM. The guide can be found here.

If I do become a citizen I would be heavily involved with the proposals side of things, as I wish to influence the way things are run. I would also wish to pursue a career in moderation, as I wish to help keep the site clean. Of course I will contribute whole-heartedly to all aspects of being a citizen, and would still contribute around the boards.

Thank you
    Ultimation

patron: Legio
    Legio
    He shows the desire to help with the site and has done so so far. I mean, moderating those RPG games must be tough. The Guide to joining an RPG is also good. He has the right attitude as well.
    Last edited by Viking Prince; March 17, 2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: had to fix member link -- noob

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default Re: [Citizen] ultimation (patron: Legio)

Organizing RPG games is a contribution. Up until now, I do not believe any member of CdeC has recognized local moderation to be a contribution in it's own right. Local moderation is a tool for those who do contribute to keep their mod subforums and RPG subforums tidy and neat as a pin.

Guides are indeed a contribution. The links will be useful to assess the guides. The content writing may also be a contribution, but unfortunately there are no links provided for the publications where the contributions are published (unless I missed the linkies). I will need to check into the contributions.

At the moment, I am sitting on the wrong side of the fence.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

He seems to have made two guides which he is referring to, the first guide on the RPG parts seems well enough to be seen as a valid contribution, the second one however is for now more like a good idea to start with. I would like to see this guide grow a bit more before recognizing it as a contribution.

His involvement in the ES as well as in the SS does me great joy because i really like those bunch of content writers who put a fair share of there free time in these editorials, however to my regret i have to say he hasn't done enough in them.

Ultimation makes a fine candidate for citizenship, he has a great attitude, seems to be well mannered and helpful towards his fellow members but i would want to see more of him in one of the editorials before he gets my vote.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

Poll Added
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

local moderation is just their to assist project managers/leaders maintain their forums, move stuff around etc. The only local moderators who make a contribution that I would consider worthy on its own merits are those who moderate the foreign language forums. That said many local moderators may be deserving not through being a local mod but from the work they do on the project/team for which they are a local mod.

I think he should fail on the terribly sub-standard paragraph supplied by his patron though!

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

The member has good intentions and is on the right path, but just starting out on the publications, writing a few guides, and expressing an interest in editing the Wiki is not there yet. the path is set, but the path still needs more footsteps towards the goal.

Since the Wiki is an open area for anybody to edit, the current Wiki staff is not really active -- jumping in on this by updating the FAQ would get my immediate vote.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

well tbp
    he asked me to patronize him out of the blue so i was like ite

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I think a little more time is called for and I would patronize him myself. He has a good attitude. Please let him know if he doesn't pass that if continues doing what he is doing he will be an easy vote next time.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

As well as heavy involvement in the RPG section, I am also a member of the Content Staff, as a writer for the Eagle Standard and the Silver Shield. Although I have only joined the Eagle Standard last month, I can give you an example of my work for the Silver Shield. For edition 7 I wrote 'An Interview with an Editor' which can be found in this thread. In addition to writing I have also expressed interest to the Wiki Staff in helping in that area, and I hope to be helping out soon
    Sold it for me, voting yes.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Strong involvement in running the RPGs, plus content staff. Not the strongest ever candidate, but his contributions to the site and community seem pretty obvious to me.

Yes

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

He's definitely on the right track, so I hope he isn't discouraged by not passing this time. His continual involvement in the ES and SS should cement his application in the future, once he has established more of a resume with those publications.

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

FAILED
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius