Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Army Painter?

Sebidiah's Avatar Miles

Default Custom Army Painter?

What ever happened to this, I remember this being one off the selling points.

I quote from wikipedia "In addition, Napoleon: Total War contains several new multiplayer features, such as a uniform editor"
    Last edited by Sebidiah; March 15, 2010 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Reference

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Default Re: Custom Army Painter?

Available post release

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Unfortunatley you will have a couple of problems here:

1: CA are busy working on a demo for the up-coming Napoleon: Total W... what's that you say? it's out already? Absolutely dumb-founded with this one.
    2: CA won't give you answer on this forum any time soon. In fact when have they replied/answered anything here since the release?

Yes this was a rant. I'll just be quiet and make flags.

It's only just over the described 'couple of weeks' after release, so I would hardly say all hope is lost. If there's no word by April, might be time to think about blubbing.

Look for it as DLC

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Stress Case View Post
    Look for it as DLC
    Ignore this post.

why? that's within the realm of possibilities, considering ca's propensity for milking its customers.

oh and they did the same thing with the mod tools for etw. they announced it would be coming with the game, then changed their minds and decided it would come post-release. and now after a year, it's officially considered canned.
    Always trying harder to help you make an informed decision.

TheBlobThing's Avatar Semisalis

It won't be DLC. Either they'll be true to their word and release it for free, or they won't release it at all. I'm not usually too pessimistic, but some of the DLC units are just clones with a different name and if that's the standard why should they let us make better units at home?
    Disclaimer:
    The above are my current opinions and are liable to change according to mood, time of day, degree of sleep deprivation endured and/or level of inebriation.

Quote Originally Posted by johncage View Post
    why? that's within the realm of possibilities, considering ca's propensity for milking its customers.
    Content != tools. They said its going to be free and there's nothing to indicate otherwise at this point, so it's a baseless accusation.

I've never, ever heard of a developer charging money for any kind of customization tool (mod tools, map editor, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    Content != tools. They said its going to be free and there's nothing to indicate otherwise at this point, so it's a baseless accusation.

I've never, ever heard of a developer charging money for any kind of customization tool (mod tools, map editor, etc.).
    I agree, it will either be a free DL, or not be released at all. At this point I personally believe it will show up with the first patch. One thing however, I remember reading somewhere that the uniform editor would not be for multiplayer as the OP mentioned, but rather for single player only, though that may have changed.
    ...and leave your dog outside, Heaven goes by favor.
    If it went by merit, you would stay out, and the dog would go in.

--Mark Twain

You know you've been ripped off and we'll never see it like the mod tools for ETW. CA can't sell their dlc units if we can all make our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    You know you've been ripped off and we'll never see it like the mod tools for ETW. CA can't sell their dlc units if we can all make our own.
    I think the evil masterminds at CA would have thought of that before even mentioning the unit editor publicly.

Please remove the tin foil from your head.

Hey, just like they thought about mentioning mod support publicly, right? =)

Please put something in your head - tin foil could help!

(I'm not accusing CA of scheming to not release a unit editor, but I would hardly call such suspicions baseless)

If you have to pay to get he editor, I will throw up.

eh ? tin foil ? wassat ?

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

CA definatley lied about mod support for ETW. But they did come through with the MPC campaign (regardless of how terribly buggy it was), and I would expect the unit editor to be similar. A FREE DLC add-on.
    If you like the picture of my woman, GIVE ME REP!!!!

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Well personally I agree it will be released soon and for free or not at all. Also I don't think they'll pull another Empire, as they must have seen how they angered some, dissappointed alot, and let down the community as a whole.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichirou989 View Post
    I agree, it will either be a free DL, or not be released at all. At this point I personally believe it will show up with the first patch. One thing however, I remember reading somewhere that the uniform editor would not be for multiplayer as the OP mentioned, but rather for single player only, though that may have changed.
    The reason its been delayed was to add multiplayer functionality. They had a single-player version ready for release, but wanted to implement some kind of sharing system so it would work online.

I'm reasonably optimistic that we should get a release soon.

GenWolfe's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofjams View Post
    The reason its been delayed was to add multiplayer functionality. They had a single-player version ready for release, but wanted to implement some kind of sharing system so it would work online.

I hope your right.. I really want to make my own units... I have always thought that Napoleonic soldiers would look good in pink

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofjams View Post

I believe the conversation you're referring to indicated rather that it was not all that near completion, but should be ready for download a couple of weeks after release. Singleplayer functionality only was being developed at the time, but this plan was not neccisarily final - the indication being that such a change would occur after the SP-only release, if ever.

Maybe you have read something different, but TWRehab posted the above on these forums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast