Thread: How to have more than one flag design on a faction's standard bearers?

Default How to have more than one flag design on a faction's standard bearers?

I was hoping to mod in various subject troops (Bavarians, Saxons) for the French. I can achieve that, but their standard bearers wave the good ol tricolor flag. Is there any way I can have them use a specific flag in lieu of the faction's own?

Miles
    The Netherlands, Brabant. close to Eindhoven.

Default Re: How to have more than one flag design on a faction's standard bearers?

I have no experience with this at all but maybe you can do this:
    create a second flag bearer(just copy lines or something like it, give it a different name)
    create a new flag pole(again copy lines, give it a different name)
    copy all lines that include the flag bearer and flag pole.
    now you can maybe add that flag to this flag bearer on some way and include that flagbearer to the regiment?

just another confusing idea from me 99% sure to fail.

Edit: maybe I got to much fantasy...
    Last edited by Rudovich; March 16, 2010 at 08:50 AM.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Default Re: How to have more than one flag design on a faction's standard bearers?

I tried for a few hours today to get a second standard bearer into a line inf unit and only succeeded in getting a bearer holding an empty pole. Still could not figure out out how to hang a flag on that second pole though. I have a suspicion that you cannot have the same flag identified for the same unit OR there is another table I am missing that assigns the flag to the pole. If anyone has an idea which table and field assigns the flag to the pole please let me know. The problem is not getting a second bearer (that I did already) I just need the missing link between the pole and flag.

Another option would be to mess around with these tables:

1. Create a test_standard_bearer in the Warscape_equipment_themes table (copied from the euro_standard_bearer)
    2. Try to assign that test_standard_bearer to the units_stats_land table (drummer or flutist column)

I am just overly simplifying things because I tried but could not get it to work. I only got the bearer holding a empty pole). Maybe I am missing something if someone wants to pick up where I left off.