Thread: corrupted preferences file?

Default corrupted preferences file?

So I've been having my fair share of troubles with NTW. Been able to find solutions for most via the forums here. Had the artillery fps problem which was fixed by reverting to 9.2 drivers (which sucks cuz NTW isn't the only game I play). Had really low fps in game so I shut down everything in CCC and set to application control and now get pretty good framerates in game 90 to 100 in campaign and 40 to 60 in battle on not ultra but good enough for me graphics settings including hdr. Now here's the interesting problem. After a computer restart and continue my campaign in ntw...with doing nothing else my fps will be 50 in campaign and 20 in battle. Now if I exit the game to windows and restart NTW and continue campaign then my fps will be fixed and I'll have 90 to 100 campaign 40 to 60 battle. My fps will stay high until I finish playing. My question is why do I have to play and quit and restart for fps to be fixed. I change nothing else. What is going on?

Secondly I'm getting a new problem. Now sometimes when I start the game it will not start. A black box will come up and do nothing. The black box will not take up the whole windows screen so I can ctrl alt delete and see that NTW is running. Ending process is the only way to exit game and so far the only way to fix it is to delete preferences folder. I have not edited any preferences via this folder. Is it possible it is corrupting on its own? When I delete the pref folder it reverts to 1920x1200 default. The only thing I change is reduce some settings...grass trees shadows buildings water sky to medium from high and resolution to 1440x900. Easy fix but annoying. Anyone have ideas?

I'm running ATI 9.2 drivers on 10.3 beta CCC if that makes sense. I've got 2 radeon 4830's 512mb. Crossfire not enabled. CPU is phenom BE 720 2.8ghz 4th core unlocked nothing else overclocked and 8 gbs of ddr3 10600 ram

THanks for any ideas
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: corrupted preferences file?

make the preference file only read

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

That seems to have solved the problem of having to delete the preferences file to get it to start again. Thanks!

Still have the issue of having to start the game, exit to windows and restart the game to get proper fps however.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...lass+Scheduler. I found this in another thread at .com. Maybe it will help, maybe not.