Thread: Is zone of countrol disabled for AI fleets?

Default Is zone of countrol disabled for AI fleets?

I keep having AI fleets sail right through 2 fleets of mine. Its driving me nuts I been chasing a Austrian AI fleet for 8 turns now with 2 seperate fleets of mine. The dam fleet hit 5 trade nodes already. I caught them once and they retreated so far out of range it took me 3 turns to catch back up had them cornered and they sailed through it. Its not just Austria tho its all nations I'm at war with.

The only time zone of control works with fleets for me is when I blockade them in a port and use a army to knock them out.

Default Re: Is zone of countrol disabled for AI fleets?

Yes I've noticed that and it's really annoying. I read most of the Patrick O'Brian books and ,although single ships might easily miss each other, it would be difficult to miss a fleet in the area.

Yeah, I like block water ways like the Adriatic sea with 2 fleets to prevent harrassment of my trade fleets but with zone of control disabled for the AI or broke it dosent matter.

TheBlobThing's Avatar Semisalis

If they're out of move points they can't intercept. Could this be the issue perhaps?
    Disclaimer:
    The above are my current opinions and are liable to change according to mood, time of day, degree of sleep deprivation endured and/or level of inebriation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlobThing View Post
    If they're out of move points they can't intercept. Could this be the issue perhaps?
    No, they can sail past parked ships. Take the Adriatic sea for instance right between Naples and Greece is a small gap in the land I place 2 Navies there and they have to sail on top of my ships to get past which they have no problem doing. Both my fleets been there 20 or so turns.

TheBlobThing's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazes View Post
    No, they can sail past parked ships. Take the Adriatic sea for instance right between Naples and Greece is a small gap in the land I place 2 Navies there and they have to sail on top of my ships to get past which they have no problem doing. Both my fleets been there 20 or so turns.
    Okay, I have no idea what's wrong then.
    Disclaimer:
    The above are my current opinions and are liable to change according to mood, time of day, degree of sleep deprivation endured and/or level of inebriation.