Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FATW TNS 2.6 Full (Repackaged)

Default FATW TNS 2.6 Full (Repackaged)

This is NOT a new release!

I just decided to repackage the latest public FATW release into a single file, for convenience's sake, because I assume some will find it a bit tedious to have to download 4 different files to get the mod up to date.

So, this FATW TNS 2.6 Full version includes main build 2.0b + Musicpack + patch 2.6 + Hotfix. It does not include Wars of Men, and it is BI-based (not the RTW version). There are two versions of it, an automatic installer one (EXE version), which is recommended, and a RAR version, as an alternative for those who have issues with the installer software of the .exe version.

EXE version

Download Link: See here

Installation Instructions: Make sure your BI has been patched to BI 1.6 before installing. Then just run the installer and point it to your main RTW directory (usually ends with "Rome - Total War", it is where the .exe files lie).

RAR version

Download link: See here

Installation Instructions: Make sure your BI has been patched to BI 1.6 before installing. Then just extract the files and put the "bi" folder inside your main RTW directory, so that it overwrites the existing one. You will need to create a new shortcut for the RTW-BI.exe. When you do, right-click on it, go to Properties and in the Target line add the following at its end (mind the space before the first hyphen):
    Code:
     -show_err -nm -mod:bi/ci
    so that it now looks like this (the path may differ depending on where you have installed RTW):
    Code:
    "D:\Games\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:bi/ci
    There is a folder named "Icons" inside bi/ci/ with icon files for the shortcut, choose whichever you like.

*Important Note: If Wars of Men is installed over 2.6 Full, then the Hotfix must be applied again over WoM.

For information about what each 'part' of this version includes, follow the links provided above.
    Last edited by Aradan; August 08, 2010 at 08:43 AM.

Default Re: FATW TNS 2.6 Full (Repackaged)

Good job Aradan ! I did find it somewhat messy when I wanted to dl FATW, so this is definetely a good idea

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks Aradan

The Wicked's Avatar Semisalis

downloading NOW

MAKEDONIA WAS,IS AND WILL BE HELLENIC
    http://macedonia-evidence.org/faq-history.html

Hi Aradan, ok I want to try your Middle Earth mod but I also want to try playing as the The Lost Legion so I download this whole package and install it over a clean version of BI, then I install The Lost Legion and then I install the hotfix a second time -am I correct please mate?

The Lost Legion is compatible only with the RTW version of the mod, I'm afraid, and it's not possible to have both versions installed at the same time. So, you either get the RTW version (which is unsupported btw, as it's not our main release) and The Lost Legion, or you get the fully patched/fully supported BI version (which includes the Hotfix btw).

Got it, thanks for clearing that up Aradan :-)

AVG says the download has a trojan. I'm pretty sure it doesn't but AVG seems to think so.

AVG has an issue with the install creator software, but the file is clean.

alright. Thanks for the reply. Does their happen to be a zipped folder i can dl?

Not of the full version, no. AVG will not even let you run the .exe?

how do i install .Sorry but i cant find install intructions anywhere

You just double-click the .exe and point it to your main RTW directory when it prompts you too.

OP updated with .rar version.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Thanks for the new version, Aradan.
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

RAR link is broken!

Please us this thread for download links and info: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=365719

Quick question and I'm sorry if I missed it being answered elsewhere... but I have RTW/RTW:BI from steam. Will this cause a problem for that?

No, the mod can be played on Steam as well, the only thing different is that you have to create a new shortcut through steam and add " -show_err -nm -mod:bi/ci" to the Advanced launch Options.

Do I need to download all of those exe files on the page that your link sends me too? I'd like to try the mod first before loading a bunch of add-ons just to make sure it works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast