Thread: No hiding from the Napoleon balooner?

Primicerius

Default No hiding from the Napoleon balooner?

I've fought in several MPC battles against a friend of mine who was playing as France. It seems, there is no hiding from the balooner. I could not hide my troops neither in the woods, nor scrub, even not the light infantry types that are supposed to be able to hide anywhere.

I guess, the balooner adds quite a bit to the general's line of sight as it should be the case

Now, of course, there is the issue of us not being able to shoot down the balooner
    Last edited by Slaists; March 14, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Default Re: No hiding from the Napoleon balooner?

Anti-Balloon Rocket Batteries FTW.

As for the ballooner thing. Does it prevent you from actually hiding your units? For example, if I'm fighting him and I place Riflemen in a treeline will he see them?

interesting, i've wondered what particular effect the balloon had for napoleon (obviously something to do with line of sight but dno what exactly)

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Gallant Forty-Twa View Post
    Anti-Balloon Rocket Batteries FTW.

As for the ballooner thing. Does it prevent you from actually hiding your units? For example, if I'm fighting him and I place Riflemen in a treeline will he see them?
    That's the thing. I had my light infantry and woods (not gardens) at my disposal. Could not hide them anywhere... It reminded me of the feeling I had playing Darthmod for ETW. He though explicitly stated that he had added huge sight bonus to his generals and artillery allowing them to see the enemy in far (hidden) positions. So, I assume, the same has been played out here. The balooner gives a significant range of sight bonus to Napoleon led armies. I also remember being able to see where enemy's mine placements were when I played as French.
    Last edited by Slaists; March 14, 2010 at 01:32 PM.

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

in AoE infantry and cavalry could shoot balloons down. no reaosn why it couldnt happen in NTW