Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change faction religion... How?

Default Change faction religion... How?

All I found in the manual is that faction religion is determined from leader's religion. But how the hell one changes religion of the faction leader?

Are we supposed to breed countless warlords in hope that one of them will be christian? I play Vandals and most of my cities are Christian, but none of my general is (I have 5 produced in Christian Cartage, they all came out pagans).

Destroy the established religious building and build the one that you want. For example, destroy the Mithras temple and build the Christian church.

In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    United States Marine as of 3/31/2006

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

The faction leader won't change religion tho but his children will.
    So after a few generations you will have a complete conversion of your bloodline.

I don't need to change settlements religion -- they all Christian already. I need to convert my leader and/or the generals.

So, is it the way to do it: breed generals and hope the next one will come out with the right religion?

-----
    As I said above: I produced 5 warlords in Carthage (99% Christian) and they all came out Pagans.

Faction leaders need not be state religion. If your faction leader is not of the state religion you get 10% penalty to public order.
    Back to play MTW2...

Nope, faction leader's religion is the state religion. Every city however has a dominant religion. If dominant religion of the city is different from the state religion you get 10% penalty. But that's all technicalities (you're right basically) and doesn't answer my question: how do I get Christian generals playing Vandals?

Civitate

well are the Vandals not Pagan by nature. Build a church in every city, then eventually he will convert.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

player1's Avatar Bug Hunter

Change state religios quickly?

Change faction heir to someone of different religion then leader.
    Kill faction leader senate-style... (take him alone agains barbarian hordes).

Also, important thing to know that newborn and adopted generals have higher chance to be of same religion as your faction leader (check VnV files if you don't belive me).
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack
    Romano British provincial campaign

That's the problem, I can't get a Christian general to start with.

visigothe's Avatar Biarchus

this is what happened for me

i took a berber city as the vandals it was 100% christian and i put a new general age 17 as general. he was a pagan but the overwhelming christian presence kept it at at 100% christian by the time he was 24 he didnt believe in the old gods anymore (via a trait) and his first son was a christian

Outlined against a blue, grey October Sky the four horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as famine, pestilence, destruction and death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden.

Now that's my problem too. Is it possible at all to get Sassanids to defy Zoroaster?

Quote Originally Posted by PacSubCom
    Now that's my problem too. Is it possible at all to get Sassanids to defy Zoroaster?
    Don't think so.

Default Religion

It is not all that simple -
    My Pagan leader took a Roman city and replaced their temple with a christian church; all hell broke loose, the loyalty and unrest went down to almost 10%. I had to continue with the Pagan religion. After a Pagan stone was erected the city was back to normal (140%).

Now, tell me what went wrong?

I think one can not convert immediatly but has to wait until some of the population has accepted a new faith and convert at that time.

You can convert immediately if you have a big garrison (10+ units).

Quote Originally Posted by Fridericus Rex
    It is not all that simple -
    My Pagan leader took a Roman city and replaced their temple with a christian church; all hell broke loose, the loyalty and unrest went down to almost 10%. I had to continue with the Pagan religion. After a Pagan stone was erected the city was back to normal (140%).

Now, tell me what went wrong?

I think one can not convert immediatly but has to wait until some of the population has accepted a new faith and convert at that time.
    Right. You have to get some people in (family, spies, diplomats) to convert some of the christians to paganism. As the pagan population grows, they will become restless as they don't have the proper pagan temple. You replace the church with the pagan temple when the unrest becomes too strong from both christians and pagans.

Quote Originally Posted by loler
    You can convert immediately if you have a big garrison (10+ units).
    That’s what the Americans do in Afghanistan and Iraq!

But, what are the vantages if being christians, can’t we all stay pagans!
    Um dia destes vou mudar a minha assinatura.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulius Hostilius
    That’s what the Americans do in Afghanistan and Iraq!

But, what are the vantages if being christians, can’t we all stay pagans!
    Please keep politics out of this forum.

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Yeah...I'm operating on a Julian style policy in my campaigns. It's difficult though, especially when playing the east...smashing down those churches never goes down well.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by PacSubCom
    No, sassinids have to stay under Zoroaster. They are not allowed to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalins Ghost
    Yeah...I'm operating on a Julian style policy in my campaigns. It's difficult though, especially when playing the east...smashing down those churches never goes down well.
    I know, you can conquer a city and have 120% happiness, destroy their church and have 30%. Those people really like their religon.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

why even bother changing religion. Is unrest the only penalty. Like a culture penalty?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast