Thread: Is it possible to add more officers to a unit?

apollon's Avatar Libertus

Default Is it possible to add more officers to a unit?

I would like to have a second officer, or even a second flagbearer in each of my units. Even better: make my general's "bodyguards" wear a multitude of uniforms, like they would in real life. That would make it look more like a real general's staff, especially if there also was a way to make them stand around more chaotically, rather than in neat ranks and files.
    Does anybody know what files I would have to edit to accomplish that?

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Is it possible to add more officers to a unit?

I whant officers in horses, like was in the Napoleonic wars

JayMac's Avatar Civis

You can add a second flagbearer by changing the battle_entities table (or maybe its the battle_personalities table, I am on a different computer). All you do is change the description of the officer or flute player to be exactly like a the flagbearer. HOWEVER no one has figured out how to add a second flag, you just get a bear flag pole. I assume you could do the same to get a second officer. You would also need to change the animations of whatever you changed to that of an officer, and I don't know where that is.

JayMac's Avatar Civis

battle_personalities_tables, try changing british_bugler's behavior to personality_officer, the equipment theme to generic_officer and the role to officer. See what happens