Thread: Keeping Experience

Default Keeping Experience

Hello there, I have a few questions for any modder willing to assist to help me

I find its impossible to keep experience above 2 or 3 chevrons, due to the fact that regiments LOSE experience when they are reinforced. I was wondering if there was some way to remove this, and allow some real veteran units throughout my campaign. I have some basic experience with .pack editing, but I'm not sure what I should change in what files in order to make modification.

Lastly, is there a way to change how fast units gain experience? I apologize for the newbie questions ><

AAAAAANYWAY thanks in advance for any help you can provide me. Cheers.
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

Default Re: Keeping Experience

What I do, is I look at who's left at the end of a battle. If I've got a unit with 100 out of 200 men and 3 chevrons, another unit with 100 men and 3 chevrons, I might consider merging them to maintain a full 200/200 man-unit with 3 chevrons. I don't normally bother if they only have one or two chevrons, or if we're so far from a city where new units can be conscripted to fill the gap in my full stack!

It makes sense that merging two depleted but experienced units would maintain their level of veterancy, whilst reinforcing with new recruits would lower the average. It's a game mechanic which is realistic and makes total sense. Modding it out of the game seems a bit pointless...if you want unrealistically high experience just change the buildings to automatically produce new units at a high starting experience level.

Default Re: Keeping Experience

I don't disagree that it makes sense, but even using that method I rarely can get them above 3 or 4 chevrons. I'm saying that I wouldnt mind having a unit with 7-8 experiance from years and years of battle. buuuuuut i digress. If this is possible I'd appreciate help.
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan