Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Brooklyn Life Commentary

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default A Brooklyn Life Commentary

Leave comments on the blog here.
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; March 13, 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Default Re: 9/11

wow. I remember 9/11 like it happened yesterday. Very sad day.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Niko, you've a very strange lived compared to mine... I like your end.
    Last edited by S-te-Fan; July 09, 2009 at 04:48 PM.

Content Emeritus

Hehe, why not share it with y'all then?

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Ok then, give me the sandwich.

I remember beig about the same age living in england and hearing about it at prep school.
    I was at the end of school and we said prayers usually. THe teacher said 'Lets pray for those who died today in the world trade center.'
    I thought the world trade center was some place in the middle east or something, then when I was picked up we went into a cafe and a TV was on showing New York. I burst into tears as my sister lived in New York, my nanny calmed me down enough to get home quietly
    It turned out my sister was 2 blocks away and just before the planes hit, thousands of rats had run down the street from the WTC car parks. She moved because she would only have nightmares there, it was her birthday too!

Content Emeritus

Yup, it was a hectic day around the world!

Great yet devastating beginning to your blog. I hope to read more soon.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

was coming home from school when I heard, my dad told me that some buildings in new york had been hit by planes and I thought "Oh, that's odd, I hope everyone's alright, I'm sure the fire service can get everyone out" Being a child of the 90s I was used to news stories of devastating tragedies so I thought when the rubble was cleared away it would be over. When we watched the events later on sky news I finally came to realise that this was something else...

It was relieving, though to remember that most of the 50,000 occupants that day had been evacuated, less the tragedy be graver.
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

It was interesting how soon internet jokes started to circulate..
    such cruel means..

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

I remember 9/11 like it was yestrday. Living in Jersey, I know many people who were affected. I was in the 6th grade when it happened. It started off like any other normal day, it was the beginning of the school year so I was getting used to my new teachers. It was in Art class when we heard the news. Our teacher always let us lisiten to the radio. Midway through making our cubbies, we heard the news "A fire has broken out in the WTC." So our teacher switched on the news where we witnessed the 2nd plane crash. It was pretty crazy after that, every class we watched the news, I remember a teacher crying and running down the hallway. After school, my friends and I talked about what would happen if the terrorists hit the Nuclear plant that is close by.After getting home, we ate KFC for dinner. I still have dreams about that day, truly eerie. My Grandparents who live in Jersey city still have the pictures they took, very powerful.

Good read YMCA LEGO! +Rep, even though it made me relive my memorys.
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

mp0295's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Entry One- 9/11

Well i live on long island, same as you then YMCA. I was in 2nd grade and was coloring my journal entry when i found out, it dropped my crayon and i still behave the half completed picture with September 11th 2001 written all over the place. Well i didn't cry, i freaked out. My dad worked there on the south tower 79th floor. I had also eaten at the sky restaurant or whatever it was called the day before, maybe 2 days i forget. mom began picking up kids and at lunch my class was the only class that knew and the others were scared why all these kids are just disapering. we began to tell them when the principal told us what happened. No one cried, yet, we were just in shock. We got send home because at lot of kids had parents. i think 87 people from town were killed. When i got home my mom was crying watching the news. i asked what happened to daddy and i she said he was fine, i didn't know it or remember, he quite his job 2 months before and was fine. So then i wanted to watch the towers falling because i couldn't comprehend the death so i wanted to see the destruction. My dad (who got home somehow at like 12) Told me something like "mike, you realize how many people are have died? All of my friends died mike EVERY ONE, just like that in an instant(his floor was hit by place directly), remember (forget name) from when i brought you to work? he dead" Then my neighbors daughter came over who was in my grade, because he dad was a fire cheift for queens and was being called up to go over, he had the day off. Her mom was a flight attendent for american airlines, but i found out she was over the atlantic and her flight was being turned back to europe. So the only then i remember then was going to a memorial latter that day

Track & Field = Life
    http://www.last.fm/user/mp0295

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Entry Two- Immigration

Nice!

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Romanos IV's Avatar The 120th Article, § 4
    the hell outta here (Athens, European Client State of Greece)

Please write your story to it's very end, don't quit it. It seems more than interesting and "provokes" dozens of sentiments to the reader. I certainly want to read it. Keep it up, please.
    Under the noble patronage of Jimkatalanos

Content Emeritus

I will push this if it kills me. Don't worry, this will have its ending.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

I am here to play RTW et al,but such things as this which I stumbled upon regards real life is quite enriching. I am proud of your mother for shouldering such a burden,she is cool! Best wishes with your studies and family..mum deserves a pat on the back and that padre. We have probs with illegal immigrants here in Australia,and I do not honestly support all,but we have had stupid Immigration break up families even if here for 20years,lol. So depends on case per case. In yours,I am glad it worked out. Keep posted and regards to mum and the parish. ^_* .

Content Emeritus

Thank you for your kind words.
    Heh, there will be more about my mother in a later entry.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default Re: Entry One- 9/11

A great idea for a blog. I will continue to check in on this.

Made me think of some of my memories -- the day that Pres. Kennedy was killed, the Cuban missile crisis and my father worried and talking over the short wave to people he knew (some in Cuba and some in Florida) Those were youngest of the big events.

9-11 was more adult for me -- my business was failing and that event pushed it into the abyss. Some people I knew, I would never see again. Nothing so scary as you experienced. You were only a little kid.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I like stories where the hero dies!

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Content Emeritus

Good thing I'm not a hero then!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast