Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Germany or Bust! Commentary

Default Germany or Bust! Commentary

Leave comments on the blog here.
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; March 13, 2010 at 06:42 PM.
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Germany or Bust!

Whoohoo!
    (pics of cousins nao)
    Consider me subscribed!

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Sounds interesting. How does one drive across the English Channel? Never been to GB, do they have a lot of those boats which cars drive onto or something of this nature?

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

If you ever move there, tell me the whole process and how difficult or easy it is. I am basically like you except I spend some summer months in Germany with my uncle and cousins. But I am from USA, and I love the area (southwestern germany) and I am seriously considering moving there after college if I can get a job and learn to spraken Deutsch better. I just feel....more at home there for some reason...
    Last edited by Aetius; August 05, 2009 at 04:15 PM.
    Blut und Boden

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Sounds interesting. How does one drive across the English Channel? Never been to GB, do they have a lot of those boats which cars drive onto or something of this nature?
    The channl tunnel.

Yorkshireman's Avatar Praefectus

Theres lots of car ferries or the Chunnel.

Civitate

Good, come World War Three, we'll need to call on your assistance Guy. Until then, Sleep.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

they built a tunnel connecting England and France under the water separating them. It was in the news.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Actually you cannot drive throught the Chunnel -- you ride through on a train. Given the price, it is cheaper for most purposes to just take the train and rent a car on the other side though.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Yorkshireman's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    Actually you cannot drive throught the Chunnel -- you ride through on a train.
    Well you still take your car on the train and sit in it through the Chunnel.

Your better off hiring a car there if your a nervous driver, otherwise you'll just have to cope with being in a right-hand drive car in a left-hand drive country.

It's just a Northern phrase because you can take the train or boat across. Anyway, I caught the train and it's great. You park you car in the train carage and simply sit on your car or walk about the train a bit to pass the time. Basically when you get there it says

"You have left England. Finally!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    If you ever move there, tell me the whole process and how difficult or easy it is. I am basically like you except I spend some summer months in Germany with my uncle and cousins. But I am from USA, and I love the area (southwestern germany) and I am seriously considering moving there after college if I can get a job and learn to spraken Deutsch better. I just feel....more at home there for some reason...
    Germany has a great influence on foreigners. I have no idea what it is, it's like a magnet if you will saying "Get ze People, schnell". Germany is a place where when you picture it, that's what it's like. It's such a beautiful country, just one catch - the language.

Aetius, keep praciting German. I think you mean "sprechen Deutsch" as well . It's a very complicated language and very, very complex and I'd be more than happy to lend you a hand with it, just PM me and I'll see what I can do.

On the other hand, as your are an American, there are alot of Americans in Germany whom settled down after World War II. Take Jermaine Jones, he plays for the German Football team yet his father was an American soldier. Everyone is welcome...Well nearly everyone.

I must ask though, which part of the Southwest are you family living in? (specifically)
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; March 13, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post

Now Alcohol. I like a drink (ask Legio ). I went to a pub (For Americans who are saying "What the
    ICH BIN EIN ANGRY FACEEEEE

naw its okay.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    "You have left England. Finally!"
    Really?

This is surely a casus belli.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

A scooter like that would get your ass kicked in the US. Nothing says I'm a virgin bigger than a banana colored scooter.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Civitate

Americans overwhelmingly drive automatics. Your people are in no position to laugh at others on the topic of transport....

I drive a manual, atleast I did, but my beamer will be manual or that half manual half automatic conglomeration thing. That doesn't take away from the fact that I know and have known zero Americans to drive a scooter, much less a banana colored one. Like I said that would get your ass kicked. Might as well go to alabama jacks and order a smirknoff ice while you are at it.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Content Emeritus

Not true, I live in New York and I know gang-affiliated men with scooters. Not just the tiny kiddie ones, but ones like the picture above. The only difference is that it has red instead of yellow.

Not true, I live in New York and I know gang-affiliated men with scooters. Not just the tiny kiddie ones, but ones like the picture above. The only difference is that it has red instead of yellow.
    You don't know any thugs, you're posting this on a video game forum. Any self respecting thug would not own or ride around in a scooter.

Content Emeritus

Really now? Judging from previous posts you might be a wealthy Caucasian male. Care to peek into the albums on my profile or read my blog?

thugs don't blog, even if they have a black guy in their avatar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast