Thread: Anyone tried.....Saxony ?

Default Anyone tried.....Saxony ?

Just finished my (coalition) campaign with Saxony.

I found the best way to go was to take whats left of the Ottaman Empire, rather than pick a fight with any of the other German states or big boys. My invasion of Italy was badly prepared and ended in failure.

Dumped my original capital, Dresden, as it doesn't pick up any sea trade which you really need to stay alive. Managed to liberate Hungary and a couple of other regions. Survived Russian and Austrian declarations of War (everybody hates you) until 1811.

It was only when the Saxon Empire was beaten into a small corner of Rumalia (istanbul) and all trade had dried up and the bloody Greeks had risen in revolt (after all I did for them damn ingrates) and I was surrounded by 5 full stacks of Russians and the French had declared war along with everybody else that I capitulated.

Fun campaign. You get to go thru most of the technological uplifts and get curaisssiers (which get beaten up by Greek Hussars lol). Seems the strat of getting to the coast and dumping landlocked capitals is worth trying.

Anyone else ?
    PussyWillow is the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Anyone tried.....Saxony ?

How do you change capital? I haven't got Nappy yet.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Presumably he simply moved his entire army out of Dresden and captured a settlement nearby, repeating this process and allowing the cities you've vacated to be captured/traded away in diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by eregost View Post
    How do you change capital? I haven't got Nappy yet.
    You can't - officially You have to force it by buggering off somewhere else and then letting your capital get trashed by someone else. That'll force the game to switch your capital to one of the other region capitals.
    PussyWillow is the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

removed
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

How do you play as Saxony? I only get to play as GB/Prussia/Austria/Russia and France.

Acco's Avatar Дијана

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    How do you play as Saxony? I only get to play as GB/Prussia/Austria/Russia and France.
    Consult this link, my good man.
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Thanks

Libertus

Note my sig

But saxons can only stay in Saxony, they are ridiculed and misunderstood anywhere else in the world
    "War is the worst thing that can happen to an army. It stains clothes, damages equipment and makes soldiers dirty and undisciplined.
    It is therefore to be avoided at all costs"

- Electoral saxon military doctrine, 1701

"Some hanseatic cities had huge cogs"
    - myself

Have you played Sweden? They are the most playable behind Spain and Ottoman Empire. At least I think so. I wouldn't even dare go even close to the likes of a German state, too boring. Ughhh

I'm in the middle of a Spain campaign its very broken. Auto resolving is 98% auto lose. An enemy army with only militia will defeat your veteran army everytime if you auto resolve. Even 2 full stacks will lose to a militia stack. Every faction except Denmark declares war on you even your allies. Napolean finds Buddah or Jesus and makes peace with everyone but you. Factions want 40k each for peace and then declare war on you 2 turns later. GB artillery has some kind of God bonus against Spain. I went with 9 12lbers had 2 left by the time I reached London. They was wiping out have my artillery every battle in the opening shot. Spains cavalry retreats like crazy.