Thread: Proposed changes to the Coalition

Stryker's Avatar Libertus

Icon5 Proposed changes to the Coalition

I first like to say NTW is a great game but after playing it as often as I have to say the re-playability factor has worn down. This is due to the fact that the way Coalitions in the game work (France and Spain vs GB, Prussia, Russia, Austria) seem to result in almost the same game every time, or closely similar to the same. I feel they should have done Coalitions a bit differently. Perhaps, instead of just having all the purposed factions be allied and it consist of a Coalition, a Coalition be something you or anyone else can form once many alliances have come together.

Let me explain further, the game always starts with GB, Russia, Austria as the Coalition followed by Prussia joining in, which is fine, however, the game should have you able to modify and change Coalitions through in-game diplomacy. Lets say for example, I, as GB, take over all of what is today Modern France in the game and all of Spain, essentially the game ends because everyone at this point is allied and requires you to just declare war on other nations. Rather other nations should realize that you are now a threat yourself and form a new coalition that could consist any nations that fear you...Especially if you declare war with such great a powerful force to tramp all over europe with. Or if lets say Spain takes over all of those regions and your GB, with France gone a new coalition should form. Once that nation that the Coalitions gather to destroy is gone all alliances should cease, at-least in some way. New Coalitions should always be able to be reformed but harder to do unless the enemy is extremely powerful and controls a large amount of regions.

Also Minor nations should want to spread more, that way they play a slightly bigger part in the game rather than waiting to be conquered and liberated.

I know the idea is not perfect, and might have flaws and others might not like but I would like to hear your opinions/changes/ideas, etc.

Default Re: Proposed changes to the Coalition

Take enough land and your allies will get pissed and attack soon enough...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!