Thread: Batte camera control adjustable?

apollon's Avatar Libertus

Default Batte camera control adjustable?

I hope I can explain this without being too confusing...
    In a battle, you can use the mouse to scroll around the map. You touch the left border, and it scrolls left; you touch the right border, and it scrolls right. But when you touch the border above a certain point, the camera will turn instead of scrolling.
    Is there a way to reset that point? I would like it to be much higher, or even disable turning with the mouse altogether. I'd much rather just use Q and E for that, and use the mouse exclusively for scrolling.

apollon's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Batte camera control adjustable?

9 months have passed without an answer. I think a little bump won't hurt anybody. :-)

Well, in the preferences.script.txt, there is a line
    ui_mouse_scroll true; # ui_mouse_scroll <true|false>, Allow/disallow scrolling of the map by putting the cursor at the edge of the screen #
    Try setting it to false... it does say "scrolling of map", but maybe it's for battles too.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

i've noticed on a lot of video commentaries the players are able to zoom out their camea to a great height so that they can take in the battlefield in one glance. this seems like a really big advantage. is this something you know how to edit daniu?

Quote Originally Posted by Django29uk View Post
    i've noticed on a lot of video commentaries the players are able to zoom out their camea to a great height so that they can take in the battlefield in one glance. this seems like a really big advantage. is this something you know how to edit daniu?
    Yeah, also in your preferences.script.txt, set the default_camera_type to 2 ("debug").
    This is the (ETW) thread I got it from, in case you don't know where your preference file is located, you can find it in there.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

debug camera is great for getting a more over view of the battle i think people have been using it online battles can anyone confirm this??

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Civis

Yes, but the downside of It is If you click on the mini map the camera will go underground, but I suppose that doesn't really matter.

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Venset View Post
    Yes, but the downside of It is If you click on the mini map the camera will go underground, but I suppose that doesn't really matter.
    Yeah that is the bad part. Maybe starting to use location markers will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    debug camera is great for getting a more over view of the battle i think people have been using it online battles can anyone confirm this??
    Yes.
    It's pretty much common knowledge so you would be hard-pressed to find someone calling it cheating.
    (You're more likely to find people going "whaaaat? you don't use it?" )

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon2 View Post
    Yeah that is the bad part. Maybe starting to use location markers will help.
    Are location markers a feature of NTW, as in a keyboard shortcut to jump to a given camera position?
    I thought I saw something like that in the ETW manual, but didn't find it again when I was looking for it.
    Last edited by daniu; December 07, 2010 at 03:04 AM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Are location markers a feature of NTW, as in a keyboard shortcut to jump to a given camera position?
    I thought I saw something like that in the ETW manual, but didn't find it again when I was looking for it.
    Yes, you can do it by using SHIFT + F9 to F12, to recall them simply press the corresponding F key. I use them mostly to bookmark my flanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon2 View Post
    Yes, you can do it by using SHIFT + F9 to F12, to recall them simply press the corresponding F key. I use them mostly to bookmark my flanks.
    Just tried it out, really works! I tried that combination, but with the lower F numbers.
    Man that is so awesome, thank you so much.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Just tried it out, really works! I tried that combination, but with the lower F numbers.
    Man that is so awesome, thank you so much.
    You are welcome

I have been using the debug camera again, but it seems a little more sensitive for crashes too.