View Poll Results: What to do next ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release other units (reedit Ca' units and add others)

7 77.78%
  • Limit units to the max available during this period (sample : 14 units of french cuirassiers)

2 22.22%
  • Enhance the gameplay (better ai in the battles)

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 530454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1318

Thread: "Les Aigles" aka Bart 07 units add-on [1.13 released on 08/22/2013]

Decanus

Icon7 Re: Bart 07 units add-on [1.11 released on 09/13/2012]

Well done Nightwish, especially the epaulettes. You deserve a Rep!

Default Re: Bart 07 units add-on [1.11 released on 09/13/2012]

I don't know, some other sources are different :
    http://aquilaaquilonis.livejournal.com/344786.html figure 6 second draw
    http://paraparabellum.ru/uniforma/ru...12-1816-godov/

so i will let life guard hussars, soumy, belorussia, marioupol, elisavetgrad, (grodno maybe) and irkutsk different to others.

However, i will make a difference between officers and troopers (opposed sheep trim colors)

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    Dear Bart07, while giving some references to Sacrebleu! i realized that there´s a little correction to be done to your russian Sumskii Gusarskii: http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5...2052100049.jpg
    The collar and cuffs of the pelisse must be white (as shown here): http://www.firstlegionltd.com/images...?productId=249
    I think it will be easy to solve since you have (in your textures) other russian hussars with those parts of the pelisse (white collar and cuffs) in white and with the correct white braid: http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4...2052100074.jpg
    Last edited by Bart07; October 11, 2012 at 01:26 PM.

And to finish tonight (yes it's the night in France ! )

Improve belgic_shako (english shako in game)

I must put the texture and it's ok !

Youtuber/chroniqueur
    Infographiste 3D amateur, "Hammer Production"

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

GREAT!

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Decanus

Icon12 Re: Bart 07 units add-on [1.11 released on 09/13/2012]

Dear Bart07, beautiful sources, very interesting indeed. Sources are sometimes conflictive. I appreciate your idea of making officers distinctive from troopers.
    And dear Nightwish, the belgic shako is going to be really accurate. Perhaps now we can have the correct shakos for Hannover (they wore those Belgic models provided by Britain but with some distinctive differences).

Dear Bart07, beautiful sources, very interesting indeed. Sources are sometimes conflictive. I appreciate your idea of making officers distinctive from troopers.
    And dear Nightwish, the belgic shako is going to be really accurate. Perhaps now we can have the correct shakos for Hannover (they wore those Belgic models provided by Britain but with some distinctive differences).
    What are the "some distinctive" ? Are you plans (or blueprint) of this model ?

Youtuber/chroniqueur

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Example. I'm not sure it requires a specific mesh, working at the texture level is probably sufficient.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

And the shakos should mainly be black in colour - some examples
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Patrician Artifex

White was used for a few units. They came from Britain, and were initially from a lot destined to tropical use.
    I'll probably make them white in MoE for a few units for more variety, and black for others. Just and idea

Thanks guys for the pictures !

Youtuber/chroniqueur

Decanus

Icon7 Re: Bart 07 units add-on [1.11 released on 09/13/2012]

Steph, as far as i know, the Bennigsen regiment (1813) was the only one that wore those white belgic shakos (the rest of them were black).
    And dear Nightwish, the idea refers to their distinctive cords and plates on the belgic shakos. Officer wore no cords at all, with white metal cypher "GR" badge at the front, and a white over yellow plume. Line troopers (feld-bataillone) had white cords and flounders, and wore the white over scarlet plume on the right side of the cap. The light companies of these feld-bataillone wore the traditional stovepipe with green cords and plumes at the front of the headwear). It must be said that all of them (stovepipe and beligic shakos) had the plate with the entwined royal "GR" cypher. Basically, the distinctive thing among them was the colour of their cords, and that both the belgic shako model and the stovepipe model had the "GR" emblem on it.
    What i must try to find out later is more accurate info about their landwehrbaitallone´s headwear. What i rememmber about them is that they wore the stovepipe shako (as the light infantry companies of the feld-bataillone), but the infantry wearing the white over scarlet plume in front of the cap with white cords, and the light companies using green plume and cords. I need more accurate info about the lihght companies of the landwehrbataillone, since they seem to wore exactly the same headgear as the light companies of the feld-bataillone. The only difference between them i remember is that the light companies of the landwehrbataillone had no cockade and green plume, while the light companies of the feld-bataillone wore a cockade and the green plume. Please Prince, help me!
    Last edited by lordargento; October 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Ok, so i'have finish the model. (a lot of work to make the UVMAP) pff :p

The last picture is the .dds.

Youtuber/chroniqueur

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Great!

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Patrician Artifex

Steph, as far as i know, the Bennigsen regiment (1813) was the only one that wore those white belgic shakos (the rest of them were black).
    And dear Nightwish, the idea refers to their distinctive cords and plates on the belgic shakos. Officer wore no cords at all, with white metal cypher "GR" badge at the front, and a white over yellow plume. Line troopers (feld-bataillone) had white cords and flounders, and wore the white over scarlet plume on the right side of the cap.
    Yes, but it doesn't change what I said: this can be done at the texture level and does not require a special mesh.

Patrician

And dear Nightwish, the idea refers to their distinctive cords and plates on the belgic shakos. Officer wore no cords at all, with white metal cypher "GR" badge at the front, and a white over yellow plume. Line troopers (feld-bataillone) had white cords and flounders, and wore the white over scarlet plume on the right side of the cap. The light companies of these feld-bataillone wore the traditional stovepipe with green cords and plumes at the front of the headwear). It must be said that all of them (stovepipe and beligic shakos) had the plate with the entwined royal "GR" cypher. Basically, the distinctive thing among them was the colour of their cords, and that both the belgic shako model and the stovepipe model had the "GR" emblem on it.
    What i must try to find out later is more accurate info about their landwehrbaitallone´s headwear. What i rememmber about them is that they wore the stovepipe shako (as the light infantry companies of the feld-bataillone), but the infantry wearing the white over scarlet plume in front of the cap with white cords, and the light companies using green plume and cords. I need more accurate info about the lihght companies of the landwehrbataillone, since they seem to wore exactly the same headgear as the light companies of the feld-bataillone. The only difference between them i remember is that the light companies of the landwehrbataillone had no cockade and green plume, while the light companies of the feld-bataillone wore a cockade and the green plume. Please Prince, help me!
    The following is a translation of an undated document written by Captain Carl Müller of the Hanoverian General Staff, but undoubtedly from early 1836, as the other documents in the folder are of this date. It concerns the 1815 army & reads:
    "2nd Division, 3rd Brigade – Colonel Halkett
    Osnabrück Landwehr Batt: Red jackets with dark blue facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was white. The battalion wore shackos of a tapered design [e.g. the old stovepipe design, of which no foul weather covers were known to exist]
    Quakenbrück Landwehr Batt: Red jackets with dark blue facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was black. The battalion wore shakos of a Portuguese design

Salzgitter Landwehr Batt: Red jackets with dark blue facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was white. The battalion wore shackos of a tapered [stovepipe] design.
    Bremervörde Landwehr Batt: Red jackets with dark blue facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was white. The battalion wore shackos of a tapered [stovepipe] design.

3rd Division, 1st Brigade – Major-General Count von Kielmansegge
    Lüneburg Light Infantry Batt: Green jackets with black facings and green pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was black. The battalion wore shackos of a Portugeuse design.
    Duke of York Light Infantry Batt: Red jackets with dark blue facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was white. The battalion wore shackos of a Portugeuse design.
    Grunbenhagen Light Infantry Batt: Red jackets with dark green facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was black. The battalion wore shackos of a tapered [stovepipe] design.
    Verden Light Infantry Batt: Red jackets with light green facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was white. The battalion wore shackos of a Portugeuse design.
    Bremen Light Infantry Batt: Red jackets with black facings and dark blue pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was black. The battalion wore shackos of a Portugeuse design.
    Feldjägers (or Jägers): Green jackets with light gree facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was black. The Jägers wore shackos of a tapered [stovepipe] design.
    5th Division, 5th Brigade – Major-General [sic] Vincke
    Hameln Landwehr Batt: Red jackets with darl blue facings and either grey or white pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was white. The battalion wore shackos of a tapered [stovepipe] design.
    Giffhorn Landwehr Batt: Red jackets with dark blue facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was white. The battalion wore shackos of a tapered [stovepipe] design.
    Hildesheim Landwehr Batt: Red jackets with light yellow [as opposed to dark yellow] facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was white. The battalion wore shackos of a Portugeuse design.
    Peine Landwehr Batt: Red jackets with light yellow facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was white. The battalion wore shackos of a Portugeuse design.
    Reserve, 4th Brigade – Colonel Best
    Lüneburg Landwehr Batt: Red jackets with dark blue facings and grey pantaloons. All of the leather equipment was white. The battalion wore shacks of a tapered [stovepipe] design.
    The Osterode, Verden and Münden Landwehr Battalions wore the same as the Lüneburg Landwehr Battalion.
    The following notes accompany the above report:

4. All of the shackos were black."

Attached is the chart from Siborne's history of the 1815 campaign.
    Sources are contradictory on the plumes for the landwehr - some have white over red; others have white or yellow.....
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Decanus

Interesting info Prince, thanks. But there´s no specified info about the light infantry companies inside the landwehrbataillone and the colour of their plumes and cords (if they wore a stovepipe shako, together with a green plume and cords, their headgear would be identical to the one of the light companies of the feld-bataillone. I think there should be a difference). Here´s some info i found out: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/28677637...14-15-Infantry. Please, take a look.
    I´m not sure if the landwherbataillone had or not in their ranks light companies. Perhaps they might have, since it was an old tradition of Hannover always to have light companies inside their main.
    Last edited by lordargento; October 12, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Patrician

Interesting info Prince, thanks. But there´s no specified info about the light infantry companies inside the landwehrbataillone and the colour of their plumes and cords (if they wore a stovepipe shako, together with a green plume and cords, their headgear would be identical to the one of the light companies of the feld-bataillone. I think there should be a difference). Here´s some info i found out: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/28677637...14-15-Infantry. Please, take a look.
    I´m not sure if the landwherbataillone had or not in their ranks light companies. Perhaps they might have, since it was an old tradition of Hannover always to have light companies inside their main.
    You will see in my Hanoverian Regimental name thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=10364723#post10364723 that the landwehr battalions had no elite companies.

A number of sources say that initially due to clothing shortages many of the landwehr were dressed in blue jackets with red facings.

I would like know, if you have good pictures of french cordons or raquettes or better, if you have a good texture of that.

Thanks !

Youtuber/chroniqueur

I would like know, if you have good pictures of french cordons or raquettes or better, if you have a good texture of that.

Thanks !

Youtuber/chroniqueur

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post

Thanks !
    Here are two series of plates by Rousselot of the Old Guard infantry (Grenadiers & Chasseurs) which show the cordons & raquettes clearly, including close up details from both which should hopefully enable you to replicate them.