View Poll Results: What to do next ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release other units (reedit Ca' units and add others)

7 77.78%
  • Limit units to the max available during this period (sample : 14 units of french cuirassiers)

2 22.22%
  • Enhance the gameplay (better ai in the battles)

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 227424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1318

Thread: "Les Aigles" aka Bart 07 units add-on [1.13 released on 08/22/2013]

Default Re: Bart 07 units add-on [1.10 released on 06/04/2012]

I am reworking some textures, and correct some normal and gloss dds.

mennelik's Avatar Civis

i will ask darthmod to include some of your units like the hussars and the infantry because they look great !!

New French Shako by Nightwish.

Decanus

Icon12 Re: Bart 07 units add-on [1.10 released on 06/04/2012]

Dear Bart07, it´s good to see that your great mod is each day becoming more detailed and perfect. I´ve just returned from holidays and quickly came to this forum to watch the progress of your work.
    Thank you very much, and also thanks to Nightwish. You both deserve a Rep so as to show you my gratitude for improving the game so much. Thanks.

Decanus

Icon7 Re: Bart 07 units add-on [1.10 released on 06/04/2012]

Dear Nightwish, did you finally managed to recreate these units?:
    1) http://imageshack.us/f/217/legionbelgeaustria.jpg/
    2) http://imageshack.us/f/692/grenadier...nsellpeib.jpg/
    The Belgian Legion would be a great addition to Austria, since it even includes a horse artillery unit (depicted in the image of the link) and shows once again the ethnic diversity and geographical extension of that empire. The most difficult thing seems to be the headwear, with the "LB" monogram/emblem on helmets of the chevauxlegers and on the infantry regiments shakos. I had tried to reproduce it myself, but it was a complete disaster (i was only able to reproduce the anchor emblem for the Czajkist austrian unit i sent to Bart to be added in his marvelous mod, but including letters in headwear with a good result on game visuals is far more difficult).
    The second link refers to a prussian unit, grenadier-jaeger kompagnie von Sell. They had an interesting headwear, never seen on other units of the period (at least i do not remember other regiments wearing those kind of shakos). It would be great to have such an interesting headgear in the game, as well as this regiment that is not found in other mods.
    Thank you in advance, and go on with your admirable work.
    Last edited by lordargento; August 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bar07 View Post
    New French Shako by Nightwish.
    perfect!

can you combine the units in this mod to work with another unit mod pack? Will it replace the one with the other or will I have units from both mods?

Can this mod be compatibile with the latest TROM version? Anyone tried that?

There is no support about compatibility with other mod. I don't think they are compatible (different entries).

About merging with another mod : many mod now are heavy mod, it is very hard to merge them together (entries, values, double, texture's name are position.... too many things, + ethic problem : distorting one of the both mod), it will take a too long time to do without bug or CTD and..... i want to sleep at night.

Hey, downloaded your mod and its the best one ive seen yet But i have some questions:
    So i saw some screenshots, how units were firing in 3 ranks, but at the screenshots 2 first rows were on their knees, but in the game they all just stand and kinda fire through their mates.Is it upposed to be that way?

So if i conqured Madrid in Spain(United Kingdom), shouldnt i be able to recruit Spain units, only ones i can recruit there atm are the Sappers(Sapper mod), could the sapper mod be disturbing your mod, or is it supposed to be that way?

Third on the screenshots, i saw that the units in your game were huge (like 400 men in line infantry), dont have it, but should it be in the mod, or can I edit this myself somehow?

Forth, Is there a way to make Austria and Prussia just a little bit stronger and maybe Russia little more active (They just stand on their borders, rarely attack Ottomans, and wait till their turn is to be destroyed by the armies of France), cause Austria and Prussia usually collapse in 20 turns or so ( on very hard difficulty), i know its historically quite accurate, but still, as a through heart United Kingdom player, it just is kinda boring, as you will be the only one fighting against Napoleon(wich kinda means against most of the world).

Anyways, great job with the mod, keep up the good work mate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCelebinator View Post
    Hey, downloaded your mod and its the best one ive seen yet But i have some questions:
    So i saw some screenshots, how units were firing in 3 ranks, but at the screenshots 2 first rows were on their knees, but in the game they all just stand and kinda fire through their mates.Is it upposed to be that way?
    It is the only way in the game to make a three rank firing and then a fire at will, it is not accurate but hardcoded

So if i conqured Madrid in Spain(United Kingdom), shouldnt i be able to recruit Spain units, only ones i can recruit there atm are the Sappers(Sapper mod), could the sapper mod be disturbing your mod, or is it supposed to be that way?
    I don't made spain units recruitable by UK because they rarely serve under their command during the war (it is not the case of Portugal). In the begginnig of the conflict Spain was also enemy of UK (remember of Trafalgar)...
    It is very rare and not the case of many nation of this period, Rhine confederation were under direct command and many times incorporated to belligerant's Corps (allied or not), Netherlands and Belgium were annexed... troops were directly under major nation. But for spain, to my mind, it is very different, it is cooperation and not subordination with UK. I believe also Spain was a Major Faction of the Period (so not recruitable for another major faction), Spain had also one of the largest fleet in the world in 1805 (certainly of poor quality regarding to Royal Navy) and Napoleonic wars was to my mind the true beginning of the decline (the spanish crown power was very affected and was in crisis during and after these wars).
    About Portugal, it is for me a minor faction (this country is very excentrated in Europe and cannot fight alone against a major one, population and powerfull is of second degree), and finally many of their troops were rattached to UK's Troops ; for 1811-1814 :
    - 1st Portugueuse Brigade : 1st Uk Division.,
    - 3rd Brigade : 5th Division,
    - 4th Brigade : 2nd Division,
    - 7th Brigade : 7th Division.....

Third on the screenshots, i saw that the units in your game were huge (like 400 men in line infantry), dont have it, but should it be in the mod, or can I edit this myself somehow?
    It is as screenshot from my friend Panzershreck, he have change unit size to 400 not me, last version is supposed to be used with the 40 units per army mod by Albtraum23. you can change unit size ratio to your taste in the preferences.txt file.

Forth, Is there a way to make Austria and Prussia just a little bit stronger and maybe Russia little more active (They just stand on their borders, rarely attack Ottomans, and wait till their turn is to be destroyed by the armies of France), cause Austria and Prussia usually collapse in 20 turns or so ( on very hard difficulty), i know its historically quite accurate, but still, as a through heart United Kingdom player, it just is kinda boring, as you will be the only one fighting against Napoleon(wich kinda means against most of the world).
    For that i have to reworked the campaign ai... maybe coming next.

Anyways, great job with the mod, keep up the good work mate.

Default Re: Bart 07 units add-on [1.11 released on 09/13/2012]

Version 1.11 is out now. Please report any bug.

First to download!

Some screens of these awesome units! Battle Austria - France...
    Last edited by panzerschreck; September 14, 2012 at 01:03 AM.

following

Yeah good job Bart !

In the next version there will improve of the all french shakos and bearskin. (cordons et raquettes in 3D ). And improve shakos of faction of the coalition.

-New french epaulet officier.
    -New epaulet.
    -New hands.
    (maybe new heads)
    + improve shakos.

----------
    Other factions :
    All shakos.
    -------------

Work in progress !!

Dear Lordargento,

For the moment i have a lot of work, but for a few shakos, you can take my models who is in the mod of Bar07.

Byye.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I hope you can finish a certain Russian shako soon...

Yes, you will your shako when i will finish all improve shakos.

The new french backpack....

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

The new french backpack....
    Nice - but they should be more like attached....
    Last edited by Prince of Essling; September 14, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Version 1.11 is out now. Please report any bug.
    OMG, all this new models, THAT'S INCREDIBLE!
    I will post screens soon.

Venno

PS I would like to give you 50 reps

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG