Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Spring Preview 2010

Sab99's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Spring Preview 2010

BRAVO!

Very impressed by the quality of the work that has been showed here!
    It reassures me, and all of us I think, that the amount of time that has gone into this project is really translating itself to some good results in skinning, mapping, coding and visual beauty.
    It makes the wait worthwhile!

And Hross, good job on the preview! Very nice written and a pleasure to read!

Just what i needed.

I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves.
    - Che Guevara

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Sab99 View Post
    BRAVO!
    And Hross, good job on the preview! Very nice written and a pleasure to read!
    Thank you, but be sure to rep Copperknickers and Resurrection, since they were also writers. It was in fact Copperknickers that organised the whole preview and by rights the post should be in his name.

Awesome preview!

Btw, Charles University was founded in 1348, not 1346.

+rep to you, Copper and Res

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Thank you, but be sure to rep Copperknickers and Resurrection, since they were also writers. It was in fact Copperknickers that organised the whole preview and by rights the post should be in his name.
    consider it done

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Btw, Charles University was founded in 1348, not 1346.
    How embarrassing of me. My Alma Mater and current University still... Of course 1348 along with the New Town.

And thanks!

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Np, mate! Sure you got a lot of other things on your mind.

Sab99's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Consider it done!

How is the stratmap progressing? Would love to see some pictures/preview on that!

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

We will have a campaign map preview at some point in late spring or summer.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

This looks truly great. Early contender for mod of the century if it plays as well as you intend it to!
    lol

maybe I am asking a stupid question but won't there be a global campaing? I mean why did you specify a "Over Seas Campaing" and a "Western Campaing"? Will it be like in the original Kingdoms release where we had each portion of the map as a sperate campaing with no connections.

As far as I know there is one big campaign as in Medieval 2.

Yepp, but the faction menus will be broken into two via a western and eastern campaign. They have no real game effects, both will have the same factions and the same stuff- it will just be a different interface. So yes there will be two campaigns but they will be the same... if that makes any sense, don't worry about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sab99 View Post
    Consider it done!

How is the stratmap progressing? Would love to see some pictures/preview on that!
    It is progressing very well but you will have to wait until it is officially previewed.

Really amazing. Bravo!

thank you seleukos and hross for the answers. They are a big relief for me really.

Then you'll be interested to see our up and coming movie. Based on an assault at Acre.
    I will not say much just now since we want it to be a surprise. But it will showcase units and historical stuff. It will give you a taste of the kinds of battles you'll see in DotS as well as the kinds of aesthetics like event movies that you''ll see. We will probably release it in the next few weeks.

Cant wait for more, DotS is shaping to be what it was hyped to be and that is just awesome. I will reinstall mtw2 just for DotS

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

I belive, that DOTS would be best mod of the modes