Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Spring Preview 2010

Default Re: Spring Preview 2010

Great Preview.

It seems you use the guild-system to represent suburbs and provincial markets?

ImKyleJames's Avatar Semisalis

really gonna have to dig out my MTW box afterall

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by weissnicht View Post
    Great Preview.

It seems you use the guild-system to represent suburbs and provincial markets?
    No they are just buildings. Our guilds are going to be something completely different. Some will be unions between factions, some will be the Hansa league etc

Looks like great work.
    Son of PW

All I can say is WOW. Cant wait to play your mod... I just hope it comes out soon, if not I will look like this . In tell it comes out I guess I will have to Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    No they are just buildings. Our guilds are going to be something completely different. Some will be unions between factions, some will be the Hansa league etc

Another great solution

and
    +rep for the preview of course

Cheers, make sure you rep Copperknickers, he did most of the planning for this preview.

i got a question. when i play this game will their be unlimited things u can do in ur goverment like real life, or will i run dead end with the options i can do in my goverment.

and i got somthing funny to say

when this game comes out men will be screwing domonion of the sword instead of their girlfreinds. people will loose their jobs and go crazzy from this game.

my asummtion is this game is gonna be crowned best game ever created, and will probally be more epic then world of warcraft

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by novatech0 View Post
    when this game comes out men will be screwing domonion of the sword instead of their girlfreindst
    This I am not sure about... I guess I will stick to the good old sex

Quote Originally Posted by novatech0 View Post
    i got a question. when i play this game will their be unlimited things u can do in ur goverment like real life, or will i run dead end with the options i can do in my goverment.
    I think the glimpse of the buildings we have shown here gives you an idea of the kind of limits and activity of choices you will have in the tech tree. You have options to allow you to adapt. So you will probably destroy buildings and remake them in other options, changing government types etc for different effects.

Nova you might find this thread useful for asking questions
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209325

Blackhawk!'s Avatar Civis

Heey, nice preview...Bohemians and Hussites will have different units? Probably bad question. Im from Czech and I think that it doesnt write pišťaličníci but pišťalníci or Husité s píšťalou (or s ručnicí) - Hussites with pipes (or rifle ). And you have to be faster, because I can not wait Cheers! ;-)

DOMINION OF THE SWORD - researcher
    THE LAST KINGDOM - beta tester
    "Neprzatel se nelekayte, na mnozstwie nehleďte"

Epic !!! Great preview and great job so far !

is that map the oficall map

No, its just something we had in testing. Our map will have this scale-

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Actually it will be a little bigger than that one.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Yea nice hussite units...but I hope that it will be not forgetten units and bohemia army before Hussite revolution...From second half of 13th century ( to 1420 Bohemia had mainly heavy cavalery units and very good knights .....these elite knigts were primary bohemia power in many battles for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kressenbrunn , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_on_the_Marchfeld , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cr%C3%A9cy

Palacky write that in half of 13th century Bohemians had more advancedchivalric culture than germans..

carth's Avatar Tiro

wow.. it's.. huge..
    great preview. im stunned, really.
    it sounds like another game compared to vanilla. this really will be supermod. but i fear the micromanagment will be a little too much. but i will see.
    plus rep anyways!
    "By the blood of our people, your lands kept safe."

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Wow great preview ,really looking forward to this alot

Signature made by Joar

Epic, great, awesome, etc....

However after seeing this I am more afraid than ever before that this will never get finished....

The amount of work to get this done seems staggering, almost too much for a profesionally funded development team working on this full time, let alone the heterogenous group of amateurs spread all over the planet.

I wish you guys all the luck, and would like to play DOTS one day, but based on just this one preview I am afraid you simply took a task too big for your own good. (Hope you don't see this negatively, and I hope you prove me wrong one day, soon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Samsonov View Post
    Epic, great, awesome, etc....

However after seeing this I am more afraid than ever before that this will never get finished....

The amount of work to get this done seems staggering, almost too much for a profesionally funded development team working on this full time, let alone the heterogenous group of amateurs spread all over the planet.

I wish you guys all the luck, and would like to play DOTS one day, but based on just this one preview I am afraid you simply took a task too big for your own good. (Hope you don't see this negatively, and I hope you prove me wrong one day, soon.)
    The only thing right now that I would agree with you on is the production of units. At the moment with our current unit team, based on the rate of production we won't have a fully customised set of units for each faction for literally years. We need new people to help with that. Apart from that though no I don't agree and I think a beta release within the next year is reasonable.