Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748

Thread: "MACEDONIAN clip that will always shocking Greece"

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Default Re: "MACEDONIAN clip that will always shocking Greece"

@CAKI

Greek Macedonians. You are, of course aware, due to your obviously vast historical knowledge, that the Persians were calling the Macedonians "Yuna Takabara", or "Greeks with hats", owing to their distinctive "Καυκια" helmets? But of course you do. It doesn't matter where those Greeks came from, what does matter is that they are Hellenes. As the Macedonians are. I am a Thessalian, but i am also a Macedon, and an Epirot, and an Athenean and a Spartan and a Rodian. I am an Hellen(Greek).

But, it doesn't matter really. Opinions are like a@@holes. Everyone has one. And we must respect it. No matter how astonishingly stupid it is.
    Last edited by Giorgos; March 28, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Batman is a product of American culture

Also, holy crap this thread is stupid. These arguements might have been interesting without all the nationalist agendas.

^ Actually Batman is the intellectual property of the town of Batman, Turkey.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Why is it even in the VV still? It's clearly for the mudpit in my opinion.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Lonck's Avatar Centenarius

whats even more astonishing is that the greeks feel the need to make an argument. You're arguing with a guy who thinks he has ties with ancient macedon.

Good point. Many reasonable posters have given up on this thread, I think I'll do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindead Colonel View Post
    ^ Actually Batman is the intellectual property of the town of Batman, Turkey.
    Lol i was playing with Russia and when i conquered Turkey they had a town named Batman....I was ROFLing!!!(in ETW)

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

Quote Originally Posted by KaRoU23 View Post
    Lol i was playing with Russia and when i conquered Turkey they had a town named Batman....I was ROFLing!!!(in ETW)
    Yep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman,_Turkey

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Yeah, I first saw that in Hearts of Iron 2 as a region. I had no idea someone there had ever seriously contemplated filing a lawsuit against Warner Brothers for using the name "Batman"!

Edit: This may look like me going back on my last statement, but the topic is now Batman, Turkey.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Well, that means that we can also do the same against the Skopians for using the name Macedonia, as the city of Batman did against Batman..
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos View Post
    @CAKI

Greek Macedonians. You are, of course aware, due to your obviously vast historical knowledge, that the Persians were calling the Macedonians "Yuna Takabara", or "Greeks with hats", owing to their distinctive "Καυκια" helmets? But of course you do. It doesn't matter where those Greeks came from, what does matter is that they are Hellenes. As the Macedonians are. I am a Thessalian, but i am also a Macedon, and an Epirot, and an Athenean and a Spartan and a Rodian. I am an Hellen(Greek).

But, it doesn't matter really. Opinions are like a@@holes. Everyone has one. And we must respect it. No matter how astonishingly stupid it is.

If the internet was around back then, the sons and daughters of Helen would be ing how they were the real Hellenic civilization and the rest of those wanbes were actually barbarians......

I leave for a while, and I return to this thread being just as spiteful as when I left.

Can't say I'm impressed.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Phoebus's Avatar εις οιωνος αριστος...

Erm, for the 2-3 days after your last post, most of the posts were made in jest and centered around either the fictional or geographic Batman. Then the thread died for two weeks before you brought it back.

Lonck's Avatar Centenarius

what a freaking m*ron. Kudos for reviving a stupid thread (do we violate ToS by calling a thread "stupid"?).

No, you can call posts and threads as stupid as you like.

For example, "that was an unecessarily stupid post, Slaytannic".

Whoops. Forgot what page I was on, and got the dates confused.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Ah well it can happen to any of us, to be fair.