Thread: troops don't highlight

Default troops don't highlight

I posted this in the errors thread, but i didnt get an answer. i know i'm probably gunna get in huge trouble for double posting, so i'm sorry, i just really miss playing this game.

ANYWAYS

so i installed kingdom of the scots v3 and both patches (its amazing by the way) but now when i click on a unit in any mod or the vanilla game, it doesnt highlight. you know, where the soldiers get brighter and a green ring appears under each of them? yeah not having that is a suprisingly huge problem. Not only that, but when i click on my crest it makes the sound but none of the units light up, on my side or the enemies side. can someone help me out here? it really is unplayable how it is right now.

this is what i've tried to do so far to fix it:
    searched through all the game options in case it was one of those
    and sadly uninstalled KOTS and all of the patches. neither fixed the problem. any ideas?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: troops don't highlight

I think this came up before. Look for the kingdomofthescots.cfg file and change arrows to on. That should fix it. BTW i'm not certain that's the name of the .cfg file but it'll be the only one in the kingdomofthescots folder in mods.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: troops don't highlight

Just as smoesville mentioned take a look at the cfg file and change this line disable_arrow_markers = 1 to disable_arrow_markers = 0.

I have always played all TW games without those markers as it always thought it detracted from the battlefield. Anyway this will fix your problem.