Thread: Lost french moral bonus in multiplayer campaign

Default Lost french moral bonus in multiplayer campaign

hey guys, iam playing a mpc against a friend of mine . I play france he great britain. When the Campaign starts my soldiers got a huge moral bouns about 6-9 points. we played the campaign over three days and today i recognized that the bonus was gone .We played about 50 turns but without the moral bonus i wasnt able to fight of the prussians and austrian army who invaded france with 5 full stacks.
    I was wondering what caused the lost of the moral bonus.
    Napoleon died several times could this be the reason or is it a kind of bug or will the bonus only hold for a couple of turns?

Btw. we will restart the Campaign tomorrow any tips how i can win against britain as french?
    I have huge problems with his mighty fleet because hes starts with about 6 ships of the line while i have only 3 . I decided to move my Fleet next to a spanish one so he cant take it out . but i cant do any harm to him either. furthermore i noticed that the spansih fleet gets stuck at barcelona in the later turns.spain is reinforcing this fleet but wont move it anywhere also if the brit attacks his merchents with a inferior force.But my main problem is the war on the mainland against austria and prussia wich will get bribed into war usally from britain. Because we play almost all battles i am in serious trouble without my moral boost.
    So i hope you can give me any tips what i can do do perform better and more historical correct to take moskau in the year 1812 :-)
    Thx for your help
    Baruzz

Default Re: Lost french moral bonus in multiplayer campaign

I only get a morale bonus with a good general like Napoléon. He should not "die" too often because you might get negative traits.

Regarding your enemies: Get merchantmen to the mediterranean trade spots. Use fast ships to distract his trade routes in the atlantic and be sure not to be caught by Horatio Nelson (assymetric warfare on the sea). Try to get armies over to Ireland or Scotland once he is distracted. Then you might find a window for attack, early enough.

You must decide whom you play aggressively against: Prussia, Austria or Great Britain. You cannot fight the three at the same time. Try to defend your capital provinces and put all your forces and resources up against one enemy. Then you will succeed.

Primicerius

Default Re: Lost french moral bonus in multiplayer campaign

In my experience, the morale bonuses come from Napoleon. If he's 'recovering' in his Paris resort or on the road to battlefield and not accompanying your army, you won't get the bonus.