Thread: much longer battles for TotalCombat.pack

Default much longer battles for TotalCombat.pack

hi all

im very new to modding with tw and i have made a mod to make battles last much longer with slower reload times and reduced loading times for inf and sum other small bits like moral ect... i find now that it is much more important to have cav units and keep them alive. because you will take alot of loses with the gun fire from inf units over time. units also no longer rout so quick. they will rout but only when up to about 70 to 80% deaths unless flanked ect..

you can only play this if you use the great totalcombat mod 2 ranks fire version (untested on other version). this is just a beta and would really like some feed back.

to install just put in NTW data folder.

THE MOD: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2770 if link does not work copy and paste into your address bar.

all you need to do is replace this file with the totalcombat.pack file you already have. but make a backup copy of it so you can go back to it if u want to.

Any Feed Back would be really great. to get the best out of this mod you may want to install the tracers mod this does nothing to the mod:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335302 this is a must for realism fans.

ORIGINAL MOD LINK: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338786
    Last edited by GingerFish; March 12, 2010 at 04:44 PM.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: much longer battles for TotalCombat.pack

It is very flattering that you would take the time to improve upon my mod! I am glad you liked it.

GingerFish, I am going to test your changes, and if I like what you have done, would you mind if I uploaded your changes as a fourth version of Total Combat? Perhaps something entitled like 'TotalCombatTwoRankFireSlowerKillRate?'

EDIT,

I downloaded the 'update,' and I think it might helpful for users if you posted a link to the original mod somewhere in the page.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 12, 2010 at 04:24 PM.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

sure..... what did u think? about the battle lenghs i mean.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Good news!!!In How many soldiers Begin the retrit?

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Excellent work,thanx for doing this.and it is good to see a Hawk on the forums

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Moved to Gameplay Tweaks.

PM me with any questions.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]