Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen [1.1]

Default League of Extraordinary Gentlemen [1.1]

~ Ketzer's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1.1 ~

An agents, traits and ancillary mod.

From the original ~ Ketzer's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ~, now totally functional and tested the final version of the mod. Ketzerfreund will not support the mod anymore so this will be the new post (I can not edit the original).

~General explanation~

Generals:

- Can research now. Can only contribute research points for military techs (Generals have hardly any impact on research so far. Gentlemen are still better. Not much impact on the game).
    - Several command-related traits and ancillaries now also offer more research points for mil. tech.
    - Some existing traits have added effects like "bloody": raises religious unrest by a percentage; there must be some to modify in the first place, however.

Missionaries:

- The personal piety trait has been changed from lowering religious unrest to raising it by a big percentage. Use missionaries offensively now if there's a region with large religious unrest.

Rakes:

- Slightly raised initial espionage skill.
    - Made traits and ancillaries more powerful.

Colonels:
    - Can be dueled by gentlemen. Results in the same effects assassins had on captains in Rome and M2! A colonel's troops may return to the next friendly settlement as if they were fleeing when there is no colonel that has valid orders...

Assassins:

- Raised initial espionage skill.

Eastern and Indian Scholars:
    - Equalized research power with gentlemen.

• Gentlemen:
      • Slightly raised initial dueling skills
      • Can spy.
      • Can duel colonels and generals outside a settlement.
      • Complete revamping in traits, abilities and effects.

• Generals:
      • Can research now. Can only contribute research points for military techs with some traits (generals have hardly any impact on research so far. Gentlemen are still better)
      • Several command-related traits and ancillaries now also offer more research points for mil. tech.
      • Some existing traits have added effects like "bloody": raises religious unrest by a percentage.

• Missionaries:
      • The personal piety trait has been changed from lowering religious unrest to raising it by a big percentage. Use missionaries offensively now if there's a region with large religious unrest.

• Rakes:
      • Slightly raised initial espionage skill & duels abilities.

• Colonels:
      • Can be dueled by gentlemen when they are not into a settlement.

• Assassins:
      • Raised initial espionage skill & duels abilities.

• Eastern and Indian Scholars:
      • Equalized research power & duels abilities with gentlemen.

• Traits & Ancillaries:

• Added and balanced effects related with researching in many traits for minister, general and gentlemen.
      • Revised the management points given by traits and ancillaries. More notorious effects in bonuses and penalties.

• Abilities:
      • Revised abilities available for each agent (warpath agents too), and points in each ability
      • Revised movement points for agents: the AI manage better the agents and give them more strategic importance.
        • Assassin, rake, gentleman, scout (warpath) & eastern scholar: 50 points
        • Shaman (warpath): 34 points.
        • Missionaries: 24~29 depending on the culture.
        • Generals, admirals, ... are not affected by this.

• Behavior of agents.

• Spawning: major frequency of apparition and other modifiers.
      • Revised agent spawning by default.
      • Revised spawning by buildings.

• Modifiers:
      • Revised modifiers given by generic & unique buildings: spawning mod rates, abilities modifiers,...
      • Taxes modify the rate of spawning, abilities, ....
      • Government types modify abilities and spawning: repressive governments are favorable for assassins, rakes ...

The generals positioned through
    startpos -or save-game- are not included in the remodeling made by the mod; they have their skills, traits & ancillaries assigned on it. Only new agents recruited after activation of this mod can have most of the new characteristics.
    Save-game compatible.

This mod does not change anything about units, AI, battles, ... so it is compatible with any other mod

Screen-shots:

Many basic command traits (good attacker/defender etc.) offer +2 mil. tech research per level.
    A young, freshly recruited general will need some time before he can make a notable impact on military research. The Aide of Camp as seen in this screen-shot offers +2 general research skill.

Gentlemen can duel more peeps out there now - even colonels; but only when they are outside a settlement:

Generals can be dueled too.

Rakes have the weakest dueling skills, followed by colonels. Generals are better with sword than with pistol, gentlemen vice versa.

~1.1~

• Revised the table related with spawning, values not changed except 2 related with rakes and renamed the table for overwriting vanilla table. The other system could provoke some bugs.

• Added more variables to taxes -only related with agents-: low taxes provoke major rates in rake/assassin spawning, abilities are affected by the changes in taxes (missionaries, gentleman, ...

• In general:
      • High taxes for upper classes modify the faction for being less innovative (gentleman, eastern scholars, ...) -spawning and abilities modified) and vice versa.
      • The same can be applied to low class but for rakes and missionaries.

• And some other minor fixes or changes. Save-game compatible.

If it is activated with no_forts_mod or any other mod you should follow the order:
    Code:
    -no_forts_mod
    -LEG
    -DM/APE/IS/JM ...
    Info

Historial

LEG 1.0
    mod_League_of_Extraordinary_Gentlemen_1_0.zip (not for download, old version)
    ~General explanation~

Generals:

- Can research now. Can only contribute research points for military techs (Generals have hardly any impact on research so far. Gentlemen are still better. Not much impact on the game).
    - Several command-related traits and ancillaries now also offer more research points for mil. tech.
    - Some existing traits have added effects like "bloody": raises religious unrest by a percentage; there must be some to modify in the first place, however.

Missionaries:

- The personal piety trait has been changed from lowering religious unrest to raising it by a big percentage. Use missionaries offensively now if there's a region with large religious unrest.

Rakes:

Colonels:
    - Can be dueled by gentlemen. Results in the same effects assassins had on captains in Rome and M2! A colonel's troops may return to the next friendly settlement as if they were fleeing when there is no colonel that has valid orders...

Assassins:

- Equalized research power with gentlemen.

• Gentlemen:
      • Slightly raised initial dueling skills
      • Can spy.
      • Can duel colonels and generals outside a settlement.
      • Complete revamping in traits, abilities and effects.

• Generals:
      • Can research now. Can only contribute research points for military techs with some traits (generals have hardly any impact on research so far. Gentlemen are still better)
      • Several command-related traits and ancillaries now also offer more research points for mil. tech.
      • Some existing traits have added effects like "bloody": raises religious unrest by a percentage.

• Missionaries:
      • The personal piety trait has been changed from lowering religious unrest to raising it by a big percentage. Use missionaries offensively now if there's a region with large religious unrest.

• Rakes:
      • Slightly raised initial espionage skill & duels abilities.

• Colonels:
      • Can be dueled by gentlemen when they are not into a settlement.

• Assassins:
      • Raised initial espionage skill & duels abilities.

• Eastern and Indian Scholars:
      • Equalized research power & duels abilities with gentlemen.

• Traits & Ancillaries:

• Added and balanced effects related with researching in many traits for minister, general and gentlemen.
      • Revised the management points given by traits and ancillaries. More notorious effects in bonuses and penalties.

• Abilities:
      • Revised abilities available for each agent (warpath agents too), and points in each ability
      • Revised movement points for agents: the AI manage better the agents and give them more strategic importance.
        • Assassin, rake, gentleman, scout (warpath) & eastern scholar: 50 points
        • Shaman (warpath): 34 points.
        • Missionaries: 24~29 depending on the culture.
        • Generals, admirals, ... are not affected by this.

• Behavior of agents.

• Spawning: major frequency of apparition and other modifiers.
      • Revised agent spawning by default.
      • Revised spawning by buildings.

• Modifiers:
      • Revised modifiers given by generic & unique buildings: spawning mod rates, abilities modifiers,...
      • Taxes modify the rate of spawning, abilities, ....
      • Government types modify abilities and spawning: repressive governments are favorable for assassins, rakes ...

LEG 0.1 beta by Ketzerfreund

Ketz_League_01beta.rar (not for download, old version)

An agents, traits and ancillary mod.

~ Ketzer's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ~

Version 0.00.01beta. Partly still experimental.

What this mod contains so far:
    Gentlemen:
    - Slightly raised initial duelling skills
    - Can spy now.
    - Can duel colonels and generals outside a settlement.
    - Lowered research effects for industrial/agriculture research traits.
    - Can not gather traits that add millitary research points! Moved to general!

Generals:
    - Can research now. Can only contribute research points for military techs (not fully implemented, yet - Generals have hardly any impact on research so far. Gentlemen are still better. Not much impact on the game. Play. )

Missionaries:
    - The personal piety trait has been changed from lowering religious unrest to raising it by a big percentage. Use missionaries offensively now if there's a region with large religious unrest. These guys may tip the iceberg, now.

Rakes:

Colonels:
    - Can be duelled by gentlemen. Results in the same effects assassins had on captains in Rome and M2! A colonel's troops may return to the next friendly settlement as if they were fleeing when there is no colonel that has valid orders...

Assassins:

- Equalised research power with gentlemen. Scholars can't duel, so they get some assassination skill (not fully implemeted, yet).

Screenshots:

Issues:

- Most changes only occur with the first new agents, not with the ones existing at the start of campaign or an old save-game!. Your first generals your campaign begins with won't be able to research, for example. That is because the placed agents in startpos.esf all have their own unique skill and trait settings, and those are the vanilla ones.

Standing Goals For The Future:
    - Make all agent types more useful. An agent in game-internal terms is either a minister, gentleman, rake, assassin, missionary, general/admiral, or even a colonel/captain.
    - Give more of an incentive for gentlemen to not sit around in schools and colleges all the time.
    - Give both gentlemen and assassins more opportunities to train their skills and collect traits.
    - Move all military tech research contributions from gentlemen to generals.
    - Make ministers movable and able to act on the campaign map.
    - Create a new agent type: "Lady". Shall have some good counter-espionage skill and an own, unique skill; someting like "seduction", maybe?

Credits
    Ketzerfreund: original mod & creator ~ Ketzer's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ~

Last edited by Isabelxxx; March 23, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
    All my downloads need for uncompressing them:

7-Zip 9.10 beta Windows 32-bit

Default Re: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen [1.0]

Great! But a couple of questions:

1) where decompress the file? "Data" as ever?
    2) is it full compatible with DM 5.5? Any other file needed?

Thank you!! I'm bored to pay my agents to stay there with a gun in the hand...
    <> If you think my english is bad, you never heard my japanese
    <> "Ama il prossimo tuo...NON QUESTO! IL PROSSIMO!"
    <> "Non bisogna prendere la vita troppo sul serio! Tanto non se ne esce vivi!!"
    <> "Saru mo ki kara ochiru"

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

1) where decompress the file? "Data" as ever?
    Yes

2) is it full compatible with DM 5.5? Any other file needed?
    Should be-it is included in DMUC 5.5

ok, i'll try. Thx!!

Yes, fully compatible with DM.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

just make sure the flag is set to on in the DMUC options - gamplay options menu
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

No problemo!

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Good Mod!!! Interesting

Thanks.

Hi!!

Ok, copied the file into common/empire total war/data but nothing changed in my saved campaign. I guess i must begin a new one, isn't it?

The generals positioned through startpos -or save-game- are not included in the remodeling made by the mod; they have their skills, traits & ancillaries assigned on it. Only new agents recruited after activation of this mod can have most of the new characteristics.
    Save-game compatible.

This point can be fixed but it requires a lot of work, not logic if you had in mind the results -or variations of the startpos for every mod-... the mod works but only with the new agents. The others will maintain the vanilla abilities.
    Traits, effects, and any other change will be applied to both.

@Isabelxxx
    I think it works very fine just the way you say
    I know, behind any mod of DM team there is always a lot of work and study and balancing.
    I sed, you have my trust

Read you, thx!!

Swiss Halberdier
    Thanks. Working on the version included in IS 2.2, both versions will be updated if I introduce changes.

I don't understand... assassins? I haven't been playing the game for too long but I don't remember anything besides priests, rakes, and gentlemen. Is this something I missed or something just added?

These agents seems to be removed by CA. They appear in the tables but in game....
    There are 2 more: pirate (supposed to be an admiral) and bandit (rebels?).

Default Re: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen [1.1]

UPDATED ~1.1~

• Revised the table related with spawning, values not changed except 2 related with rakes and renamed the table for overwriting vanilla table. The other system could provoke some bugs.

• Added more variables to taxes -only related with agents-: low taxes provoke major rates in rake/assassin spawning, abilities are affected by the changes in taxes (missionaries, gentleman, ...

• In general:
      • High taxes for upper classes modify the faction for being less innovative (gentleman, eastern scholars, ...) -spawning and abilities modified) and vice versa.
      • The same can be applied to low class but for rakes and missionaries.

• And some other minor fixes or changes. Save-game compatible.

Links in the first post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast